Murkalot bugged?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: Murkalot bugged?

Post by 3wd » November 22nd, 2013, 11:22 am

After the nerf, there is no doubt the Murk is much difficult to play in PVP battles for lots of playersI have seen some even taking the half damage thorn shield as their second skill instead of the falling.

Actually falling is still a very useful skill - it has 684 dmg and hit is 100% guarantee, use this skill when you need to run some CD at the backrow or if you do not like your opponent for the murk, use this skill and then switch pet when stun is also a good strategy.

But still, it does not make the murk a good individual pet due to the speed and HP, he is still a utility pet as designed, I still think blessed hammer is very underrated and it's a very unique skill and can be used in lots of situation to support the team.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » November 22nd, 2013, 12:21 pm

Yes, Pheromones was a bit too good...but what they did to it made it completely undesirable...and that is NOT good.

They could have brought the tick damage down from 140 to 100...problem solved. That move would have made Pheromones less game deciding, but still viable. So, from "I dare you to beat me without using Pheromones" ... to "I dare you to beat me using Pheromones" ... no middle ground there. It's typical Blizzard inability to balance a mechanic and make the community happy.

Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu

Post by Trystan » November 22nd, 2013, 12:38 pm

Murkalot was exceptionally strong, hands down.

You could only get him at Blizzcon.

That combined made a little Elite of players that had an overpowered Murkalot and kept obliterating other teams. I have made over 400 Pet battles in the past few days with different teams, including Murkalot.

This change was very necessary in my opinion, because it was so overpowered.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » November 22nd, 2013, 6:05 pm

Ligre wrote:Yes, Pheromones was a bit too good...but what they did to it made it completely undesirable...and that is NOT good.

They could have brought the tick damage down from 140 to 100...problem solved. That move would have made Pheromones less game deciding, but still viable. So, from "I dare you to beat me without using Pheromones" ... to "I dare you to beat me using Pheromones" ... no middle ground there. It's typical Blizzard inability to balance a mechanic and make the community happy.
You pretty much nailed it there.