spawn conditions on bosskills?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu
spawn conditions on bosskills?

Post by Essmene » October 30th, 2012, 9:46 am

Hi,

I was wondering if it could be possible that certain spawn conditions are connected to instance / bosskills.

I started wondering after reading [url]http://www.wowwiki.com/Weather_effects[/url]
Note: A sandstorm starts automatically when you engage Ossirian the Unscarred in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj and does not stop once the encounter is over.
My theorie is that Scourged Whelpling spawns if you kill an undead dragon raid boss. Minfernals if you kill Chromagus in BWL, Silithids for AQ20 or AQ40, ...

The new raid pets would encourage people cleaning up the instances and thus make these connected spawns more likely.

This is just a wild guess, but could explain the long respawn times.

Xandrolar
Pet Score:2844
Realm:Hellfire-eu

Re: spawn conditions on bosskills?

Post by Xandrolar » October 30th, 2012, 12:10 pm

I myself can;t see that working simply because you would need a group in the instance (or dungeon or world etc...) killing the boss. The problem would arrive that once the boss was dead the mobs would Spawn outside and away from the boss (if in an instance or raid) Likewise if it was a world boss, people would see it being fought and you'd have a ton of campers waiting for them to spawn.

The only way around I could see would be if the pets spawned INSIDE the instance once the designated boss was killed. At least then those who put in the hard work could be doubly rewarded.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 30th, 2012, 12:27 pm

Xandrolar wrote:The only way around I could see would be if the pets spawned INSIDE the instance once the designated boss was killed. At least then those who put in the hard work could be doubly rewarded.
This is a good point.

Plus in the event that a boss kill does trigger specific wild pets to spawn, those pets would be up constantly since many groups of people would be going into the instance to kill the boss. You could technically organize chain kills to force wild pets to spawn and keep spawning. Unless this is Blizzard's goal (to allow player control over spawn times), I can't see them implementing this.

I think it's a neat idea, but it would need some tweaking to work with pets that spawn outside the instance.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 1st, 2012, 7:15 am

Quintessence wrote:
Xandrolar wrote:The only way around I could see would be if the pets spawned INSIDE the instance once the designated boss was killed. At least then those who put in the hard work could be doubly rewarded.
This is a good point.

Plus in the event that a boss kill does trigger specific wild pets to spawn, those pets would be up constantly since many groups of people would be going into the instance to kill the boss. You could technically organize chain kills to force wild pets to spawn and keep spawning. Unless this is Blizzard's goal (to allow player control over spawn times), I can't see them implementing this.

I think it's a neat idea, but it would need some tweaking to work with pets that spawn outside the instance.
Yes, I see that, once that connection is discovered. Right now few people will run any raid instance below cataclysm, as people are either leveling or gearing up and a few want to catch missed gear or achievements from the last release.

So right now if there was a connection between a wild pet spawn and a boss kill it won't be noticed and the respective pets will be are as their spawn is hardly triggered.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » November 1st, 2012, 8:16 am

I'm not sure this is likely at all. While it's true that engaging Ossirian starts a sandstorm, it's inside AQ-20.

Instance servers are separate from world servers. I'm not sure that doing anything inside an instance has an effect on anything outside the instance. Every event that I can think of that happens upon some boss's death happens because of a turn-in quest.

Even if it did happen this way, I'm pretty sure XRC would mess with it anyway. If I kill a boss that sets off a spawn some of pets (or any mob, really), it would most likely be on my realm. Others might have different experiences, but I am almost never (if ever) on my own realm outside of Stormwind.