Trouble Hearthing After Pet Tamer Battles?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Troo
Pet Score:5392
BattleTag®:Troo#1261
Realm:Undermine-us
Trouble Hearthing After Pet Tamer Battles?

Post by Troo » November 16th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I've run into a problem over the last 2 weeks. When I beat a pet tamer outside of Pandaria and then attempt to hearth back to Two Moons (Horde/Silver Hand) in Pandaria the game dumps be back where I started the hearth. I thought it might be that I was using Innkeeper's Daughter to hearth, but a guildmate is running into the same issue using a regular hearthstone.

I report it by bug report every time it happens, and I finally sent in a ticket and they responded that I am apparently the only person this is happening to. So what I want to know is... are there any other pet battlers out there that are running into this? If so, what server, what toon, are you opening your pet supply bag before hearthing or not? I'm trying to track down what is causing this because Blizzard doesn't seem to think it's a problem.

Ockham
Pet Score:4622
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Trouble Hearthing After Pet Tamer Battles?

Post by Ockham » November 16th, 2013, 10:24 pm

I've had it happen a few times in the last 2-3 weeks as well. For me it's usually at the Winterspring tamer daily. Not all the time but occasionally, the hearth cast bar completes, but I remain where I was and the hearthstone is on cd.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 16th, 2013, 10:56 pm

I've had this happen on my shaman when attempting to hearth from Shadowmoon Valley after defeating the Tamer there. Instead of using a hearthstone, I normally use Astral Recall and it only bugs out some of the time.

I didn't think it had anything to do with Pet Battles or the Tamer dailies, though. It usually happens if I tab out of the game. I figured it was a bug that had to do with tabbing in and out while in the process of hearthing.

If the Tamer dailies does impact hearthing somehow, I wonder what could possibly trigger the bug. I don't do anything differently when it doesn't work (other than tabbing in and out of the game).
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » November 16th, 2013, 11:57 pm

Strange... I had a friend complaining of the same thing happening on one of their toons. Specifically it was a toon hearthing to Shrine after doing the tamer pet battle at Shadowmoon Valley. The hearth would complete the cast, it would go to the loading screen, and then dump him right back where he'd been standing. He was using a regular hearthstone (not Innkeeper's Daughter) and I suggested jokingly that maybe his hearthstone was too old and needed to be retired. He destroyed it and picked up another one and oddly I haven't heard of a problem since. :shock: So crazy as it sounds... try using a different method of hearthing?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » November 17th, 2013, 12:46 am

I have had this happen... and not just for hearthing, but when using engineer ultra-safe transporters and other items too. I have not noticed any correlation between alt-tabbing or pet battles though. I don't normally alt-tab out of the game and have had it happen to characters that I had not pet battled with. It seems to be related to transporting between one "continent" and another... usually Pandaria with any other "continent." It can occur whether hearthing back to the Shrine or using some other item to transport from Pandaria to any zone outside it.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » November 17th, 2013, 8:32 am

This has actually been going on for me for several months now and it's always been FROM a cross-realm zone. I'm guessing WoW just messes up the change and it cancels (but uses the CD on the teleport item). I've had it using my cloak from Icecrown to Org every day for a week, before, and I just put on a 2nd cloak and it worked fine. I've had it happen when trying to port from Icecrown to Shadowmoon valley with the teleport necklace, too. I think it even happened once trying to use my engineering teleporter to Winterspring but I'm not 100% on that. (Yes, I love teleport items, my warrior has more teleport locations than a mage :mrgreen: ).

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 17th, 2013, 9:16 am

I've had this happen a couple times, but just assumed it was some addon malfunctioning. I'll make sure to submit a ticket from here on out though. :(
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Fadaar
Pet Score:11015
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Fadaar » November 17th, 2013, 10:09 am

Glad I'm not the only one that's been having this issue. I've had it happen in Icecrown and Shadowmoon more often than anywhere else.

Troo
Pet Score:5392
BattleTag®:Troo#1261
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Troo » November 17th, 2013, 8:38 pm

Glad to know I'm not alone. And that it might not actually have to do with pet tamer battles. As I don't leave Pandaria for much else I don't have a wide net of experiences to go on. ;)

Please, please, please, please, please, for my sanity, everyone report this as a bug when it happens and mention where you are leaving and going to so that they don't think I'm the only one with this happening. 15 minutes to wait for that cooldown isn't much in the scheme of things, but it's a lot of time when you want to get other things done.

Silverstarr
MVP
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Silverstarr » November 18th, 2013, 1:20 am

I've had this happen after the tamer battles in Icecrown and Uldum. I've reported the bug most of the times, which has been 7 or 8 times in the past two months. I always blame it on crz when I report it. I don't know if that's the cause, but anything bad happening usually is because of crz!! :)

Nosegoblins
Pet Score:3234
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Nosegoblins » November 18th, 2013, 9:23 am

Mage teleport is also doing the same thing. Two days in a row after Accoste battle try to teleport after the fight and spell goes off and no teleport. If I cast it again it works.

Wildsong
Pet Score:12665
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Wildsong » November 18th, 2013, 9:43 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one, too!
I've been reporting it some of the time, it's been happening a while.
I usually use my main (a shaman), but it's any teleport, I've had it happen from the cloak, the tabard to the argent tourney, hearth, astral recall... etc... etc.
Mainly at the Major Payne, Obdalis, or Anton trainer battles.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » November 18th, 2013, 2:25 pm

For me this seems to have replaced the getting disconnected on porting that I used to see. Unfortunately while that was annoying this is worse because it uses up the CD and may be a much bigger pain than having to log in again. I agree that I don't think this is directly related to the Pet Tamer battles but is actually related to CRZ issues and the hand off from the CRZ server to your home server failing. The tamers just happen to be in zones that are CRZed for most people.

Sedaii
MVP
Pet Score:8199
BattleTag®:Sedaii#1645
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Sedaii » November 20th, 2013, 7:47 pm

I've run into the same problem, in Winterspring, Uldum, Deadwind Pass and Shadowmoon. It's been with regular hearthstone, engineering wormhole devices and mage teleports. Repeating mage teleports work, but it burns the cooldown on the other transport types. Ulum has been the worst for me. I have been flying back to the inn there and then porting out. That's been working out for me so far.
Sedaii#1645

Find me on Madoran:

Noobanidus
Pet Score:9057
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Noobanidus » November 23rd, 2013, 11:33 pm

The only one I ever seem to hearth from is Major Payne in Icecrown, and pretty regularly I'll just get dumped there after seeing a loading screen, and finding my hearthstone on cooldown. I was on my mage a few days ago and used a portal instead, and even clicking the portal had the same problem -- Shrine loading screen, but immediately ported back to Icecrown.

Abashera
Pet Score:3114
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Abashera » November 24th, 2013, 1:49 am

LOL, I thought it was just me. And it's always in the most inconvenient places for me. Four times in Uldum (which has no portal back to ORG), and once at Major Payne. Maybe Blizz doesn't think Payne is enough of a pain? lol, It's very annoying!

Three weeks ago I decided to try going back to the inn keeper, and I had her reset my Hearth Stone. I haven't had the problem since. Hopefully that fixed it for good.

I'm thinking if it happens again I will just pick up a cloak from the guild vendor as a backup. At least I will be able to get back to ORG, which is better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere. I can browse the AH or something while my hearthstone cools down.

Character: Böö
Server: Hyjal

It has happened to me about six or seven times in the past two or three months. I always open my bag just before hearthing. It never happens to me any other time, only just after I battled a pet-taimer and opened my bag of mostly useless vendor crap.

Lith
Pet Score:1439
BattleTag®:LIth#11509
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Lith » November 24th, 2013, 11:19 pm

I don't use my hearth many places.. but it happens about 60-70% of the time when I hearth after the one in uldum.. Its really really really annoying..
Lith#1334 Please state the trade in the info!

Luthervian
Top Rater
Pet Score:10934
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Luthervian » November 26th, 2013, 10:23 am

Try logging out and back into game before you hearth. See if that circumvents the issue until Blizzard fixes it. It happens to me (almost always in Uldum, grr).. I've had luck with this. Takes a little more time but saves your hearth timers

Axordil
Pet Score:4792
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Axordil » November 28th, 2013, 1:32 am

Seen this mostly at Obalis and Trixy, using the Drape of Unity port to Stormwind. Reported it as a bug. It's definitely in the "annoyance" category.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » December 1st, 2013, 2:01 am

I can tell you exactly what it is, its CRZ that everyone loves(not).
when you come out of the battle, you are on YOUR server, the one that you should be on all along(but blizz wants rares to be non-existant) then after a couple seconds you get pulled into the CRZ server, where everyone else is, and when this happens, your hearth is put on CD but you go no where.

So wait a few seconds.