Any choice in Celestial Tournament questions

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
PWOKristy
Pet Score:1863
Realm:Azuremyst-us
Any choice in Celestial Tournament questions

Post by PWOKristy » November 12th, 2013, 2:12 am

Hello,

I havfta ask, is there any other choices I can choose from if I don't like certain pets? I really want my personal choice and tastes for what I wanna spend the time to level. Examples: Oozes for what else? Can I pick some other pet besides pythons? What can I use besides snails? What about Pandaren Dragonling? Thank you guys so much!

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Any choice in Celestial Tournament questions

Post by Peanutty » November 12th, 2013, 3:14 am

Not sure if I completely understand your question - it sounds like you're asking if you can use pets that others haven't listed in strategies, to beat the Celestial Tournament? Short answer is yes, you can. Long answer is yes, because there is no set must-have strategy to beat the Tournament, however you might find you'll have a harder time trying to beat some of the challenges with a set up that's not ideal. If you take things like pet weaknesses into consideration while still picking from your favorite pets, you should do okay, and who knows, maybe you'll think up a strategy that works well that others hadn't considered before.

And I don't use pythons or snails in any of my Tournament teams so not sure which boss or strategy you're looking at that requires them, which makes it harder to suggest a replacement.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 12th, 2013, 10:21 am

Peanutty wrote:And I don't use pythons or snails in any of my Tournament teams so not sure which boss or strategy you're looking at that requires them, which makes it harder to suggest a replacement.
A common chi-chi strategy is 2-3x snails (take less dmg because critters, lots of mitigation). The one I cooked up involves oozes though, and the OP states they don't want to use those either, heh. Within that strat, there are other choices to be made... there are a handful of different oozes, and you can look at which abilities the oozes use and try to find something that does similar things. You might be able to get away with using a Maggot/larva/Mr. Grubbs, which continues the Ooze/slime/etc's Acidic Goo 25% buff ability, and adds in a Burrow instead of the additional buff Corrosion the oozes have (but that's tricky with Chichi, because he heals). I can't really stand by that sub as I haven't playtested it, but on paper it might work. For chichi, I've seen a few people reference the Elwynn/Black Lamb as well, and a Howl Bomb team is in the discussion as always.

There are lots (and lots, and LOTS!) of different combinations you can use to beat the tournament. I'd recommend looking for guides that explain their thought process in their choices, rather than just long lists of numbers and pet names. When you learn the mechanics of the fight it makes swaps a lot easier. In many cases, a Darkmoon Zeppelin can be used in place of the Pandaren Dragonling, but many people use the Zep too, and as a strat writer it's far less helpful to write a strat involving 2+ of the same pet so for the most part you won't see somebody reference Zepx2.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

PWOKristy

Post by PWOKristy » November 12th, 2013, 12:54 pm

Thank you so very much Liopleurodon! Which guides? The posts on here you mean? Thank you for the upcoming reply!

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » November 12th, 2013, 5:03 pm

The mega thread here ( http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6459 ) is a really good resource, with a lot of cross-discussion about what works for different people. One thing I'd suggest is taking note of where others' strategies don't work out as well for you, and whose does. It's likely you have a similar mindset to them, so their later strategies will work out better for you. I know that I personally stink at counting out turns, so I'm not apt to recommend, say, the Bigglesworth strat on Yu'la. If you're awesome at counting out turns, you may want to find somebody who does use Bigglesworth, and look more closely at their strategies. Does that make sense?

Of course I have to be that jerk and recommend my off-site blog ( battlepetroundup.com ). I made a huge project of explaining every mechanic and discussing your options, so I figure it's worth shamelessly plugging here. I know, sorry.

The wowhead article on each pet, and its upvote/downvote system helps a good deal in formulating strategies too. It won't help as closely with altering your strategies to fit, but it's a good jumping off point.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

PWOKristy

Post by PWOKristy » November 12th, 2013, 5:22 pm

Aaah that topic. I know about that topic. lol Yes it is. ^__^ Of course that makes sense! And I added a web site tab on my browser for your web site! ^__^

Kopperia
Pet Score:6723
Realm:Terenas-us

Post by Kopperia » November 15th, 2013, 7:42 pm

I like to use Pandaren Water Spirit on Chi Chi.
Open with Geyser, then Whirlpool, then pass (chichi evades).
Chichi will get stunned so use Water Jet until your pet dies.

Next pet up is Electrified razortooth.
Use lightning shield. Next turn use rip. If you are still alive next turn use Blood in the water.
It does not matter if you get Blood in the water off because chi chi nearly kills itself on your lightning shield.

Last pet if you need it: use Legs or Coilfang Stalker.
Depending on which turn you are on chichi might evade or whatever.
Use laser beam until chichi dies.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » November 15th, 2013, 7:57 pm

This thread has proven pet teams for each of the "undercard" tamers: [url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7195[/url]

Each tamer has at least 10 different teams that work, so yes, you have a lot of choice in what pets you use to beat the tourney.

Ithica
Pet Score:3064
Realm:Frostmane-eu

Post by Ithica » November 18th, 2013, 5:17 pm

Kopperia wrote:I like to use Pandaren Water Spirit on Chi Chi.
Open with Geyser, then Whirlpool, then pass (chichi evades).
Chichi will get stunned so use Water Jet until your pet dies.

Next pet up is Electrified razortooth.
Use lightning shield. Next turn use rip. If you are still alive next turn use Blood in the water.
It does not matter if you get Blood in the water off because chi chi nearly kills itself on your lightning shield.

Last pet if you need it: use Legs or Coilfang Stalker.
Depending on which turn you are on chichi might evade or whatever.
Use laser beam until chichi dies.
Just wanted to thank you for posting this Kopperia. I've been struggling with the Tournament all week for some reason, finally got everyone down until the last boss, Chi-chi, my normal team failed and I thought I was utterly screwed until I found your post! (Though swapped in Ethereal Soul Trader for Legs and he worked just as well *phew*) you rock! ;)