Complete Celestial Tournament Walkthru and Pet list

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Flopsyhunt
Pet Score:2683
Realm:Icecrown-us
Re: Complete Celestial Tournament Walkthru and Pet list

Post by Flopsyhunt » February 2nd, 2014, 5:10 pm

Which addon do you have that shows the enemy actions and such?

BTW, I would love it if this were a write up rather than a video. I found too much going on in the Taran Zhu one to completely follow. That is my problem though.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » February 2nd, 2014, 5:34 pm

Mykro9 wrote:ZOMG!! I was getting owned on the tiger.
Xu'Fu
- Skywisp Moth - cocoon strike, call lighning, slicing wind*2. 4 round Xu'fu uses Feed and kill it.
- Darkmoon zep - mussle*1-2, decoy, mussle, mussle, explode
usualy GG, if no
- Darkmoon tonk - Ion cannon

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 2nd, 2014, 9:48 pm

Flopsyhunt wrote:Which addon do you have that shows the enemy actions and such?
I think the one I use is called BattlePetInfo. It' shows enemy cooldowns and such in PvE. Is that what you are looking for?
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Elfuego
Pet Score:3958
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Elfuego » February 3rd, 2014, 7:37 am

The one i use in all my videos is pet tracker. That's the three squares showing your opponent's cool downs. you can find every add-on i use here : http://www.wowpetbattle.com/addons.html

[profile]Elfuego[/profile]
GET OWNED!

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » February 15th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Jerebear, have you updated your team for Chi chi?

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 15th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Elfuego wrote:Jerebear, have you updated your team for Chi chi?
Forgive me, I am getting much older as my kids drive me crazy. Which Chi-Chi team are you referring to? The one I currently use is Water Spirit + Chrominius:

Geyser
Whirlpool
Swap
Howl
Surge (Chi-Chi dies).

I couldn't find any reference I made to chi-chi in this thread. I've used others in the past, but that one is so solid and fast (plus I can reuse both pets) that I've been using it.

Were you referring to Shademaster Kiryn per chance? The one I currently use:
Macabre Marionette
Terrible Turnip
LIl Bling

MM vs Nairn:
Death and Decay
Dead Mans Party (lasts 3 rounds)
Bone Bite
Bone Bite

MM vs Stormeon:
Dead Man's Party (dies after 2nd round, but Stormeon under 300 HP)

Turnip vs Stormeon:
Tidal Wave
Sunlight

Summer:
Swap to Lil Bling
Extra Plating
Make it Rain
Inflation (Summer dies on 2nd round)

NOTE: If you have a better pet for Summer, lil bling is just what I use. The real part of the strat for me is MM and Turnip to finish off the first two pets fast and easy. The pet that goes against Summer can be whatever you are comfy with.

Again, sorry. I'm just drawing a blank on the Chi-Chi reference.

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » February 18th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Jerebear, I should have been more concise in my response. I was asking if you had updated any other teams for chi chi in specific. I was going thru some of my posts, and was about to update some of the guides, chi chi is one most asked.

Jerebear

Post by Jerebear » February 19th, 2014, 11:15 am

Ah gotcha. Nah, I haven't really moved since I started using the completely unoriginal but super effective Howl Bomb. Teams I've used in the past are nothing special, but will mention them:

3x snails - keep up acid goo, dive on ethereal turns, ooze touch otherwise

senjin fetish + 2x stampede pets (usually giant sewer rat and peanut) - get wild magic and fire dot up, swap to stampede pet on ethereal turn, stampede, swap to fetich, repeat, sometimes keeping the fetish in a bit longer if ethereal gets in the way.

Lambs to the slaughter: 3x lambs that do: sooth + chew + stampede, making sure to not sooth if it will land on ethereal turn (using it round before ethereal is bad. You can use it on the first round of the fight and most of the sooth's will work out). This delays a lot of his ethereals and tranqs so he isn't as able to mitigate damage and heal. This was the first team I got to reliably kill him. Goats can do this, but are beasts rather than critters so they are a bit more RNG reliant (you trade critter defense for beast racial). I prefer lambs or mostly lambs if I do have a goat.

There was another strat that involved wisps, but I never used it, so I don't remember it off hand

Sorry I don't have any updated strats with new pets. Nothing I've gotten recently screamed anti-chi-chi to me and howl bomb has been superb.

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » March 8th, 2014, 12:10 pm

Hey guys, just updated a new team for PL on Farmer Nishi! its part of my second series on 1-25 in four fights for faster pets to use in the tournament.

Farmer Nishi 5.4 Team

GET OWNED!

Nataliana
Pet Score:3447
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Nataliana » March 8th, 2014, 6:37 pm

Many people have been talking about still needing strategies for the CT in our WCP/MM/PP guild chat, and I offered to post mine in the forum as well. Seeing that Elfuego already started a nice thread, I'll just drop mine here and let people do what they want with it. Perhaps the added variety will let people pick and choose from different teams to fit what pets they have!

None of my teams are breed specific. I've listed the abilities that get used in each fight, and the pets are listed in the order that they are used, with any swaps noted.

Lorewalker Cho
Infinite Whelpling - Sleeping Gas, Darkflame, Healing Flame
Scourged Whelpling - Tail Sweep, Darkness
Flayer Youngling - Kick, Blitz

Dr. Ion Goldbloom
Nexus Whelpling - Arcane Storm, Mana Surge (swap when able)
Mechanical Yeti - Mechanical Fist, Ion Cannon
Scourged Whelpling - Plagued Blood, Death and Decay, Tail Sweep

Sully
Mojo - Swarm of Flies, Tongue Lash
Dragonbone Hatchling - Liftoff, Adrenaline Rush, Thrash
Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling - Liftoff, Adrenaline Rush, Peck

Taran Zhu
Unborn Val'kyr - Doom, Haunt
Creepy Crate - Chomp, Bonestorm
Rapana Whelk - Absorb, Acidic Goo, Dive

Chen Stormstout
Mech Pandaren Dragonling - Decoy, Bombing Run, Breath
Kun-Lai Runt - Rampage
Snarly - Rip, Blood in the Water, Surge

Wrathion
Black Lamb - Chew, Stampede
Anubisath Idol - Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection
Anubisath Idol - Crush, Stoneskin, Deflection

Wise Mari
Crow - Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, Nocturnal Strike
Mech Pandaren Dragonling - Decoy, Breath
Jade Owl - Slicing Wind, Liftoff

Blingtron 4000
Golden Civet Kitten - Gnaw, Dive, Survival
Electrified Razortooth - Rip, Blood in the Water, Devour
Pebble - Stone Shot, Rupture, Rock Barrage

Shademaster Kiryn
Kun-lai Runt - Mangle, Thrash, Deep Freeze (cast after Nairn uses Blizzard, swap to Idol)
Anubisath Idol - Stoneskin, Rupture, Crush (refresh Stoneskin as needed to soak turrets)
Darkmoon Zepplin - Decoy, Bombing Run, Missle

Zao
Zandalari Kneebiter - Black Claw, Hunting Party
Lil'Bling - Make it Rain, SmackThat (if needed)

Xu'Fu
Zandalari Kneebiter - Black Claw, Hunting Party
Lil'Bling - Make it Rain, SmackThat (if needed)

Yu'la
Unborn Val'kyr - Shadow Slash (x3), Curse of Doom, Unholy Ascension
Pandaren Water Spirit - Geyser, Whirlpool (swap)
Chrominus - Howl, Surge of Power

Chi Chi
Voodoo Figurine - Wild Magic, Rot (swap)
Alpine Chipmunk - Stampede

Zaheer12a
Pet Score:2396
Realm:Anachronos-eu

Post by Zaheer12a » March 20th, 2014, 4:55 am

I have an additional tactic that works for Chi-Chi. I saw it on a Wowhead guide. This tactic is called snailception and it's pretty simple: Use three snails (such as Rapana Whelk)

The opener is: Acidic Goo, Ooze Touch, Dive

After this you basically keep up Acidic Goo and use Dive every time Chi-Chi's dodge ability comes up (every 4 turns I believe) to minimise 'wasted' turns. You won't be able to use Dive against every dodge ability, so you should save it for the following dodge.
This tactic is pretty much foolproof.

Also I used a Darkmoon tonk for both Xu'Fu and Zao. Either Ion Cannon alone or Shock and Awe + Ion Cannon does the job. (In the second instance you'll still have enough health to use it in the next fight.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » March 20th, 2014, 7:23 pm

Zaheer12a wrote:After this you basically keep up Acidic Goo and use Dive every time Chi-Chi's dodge ability comes up (every 4 turns I believe) to minimise 'wasted' turns.
Sort of. Ethereal has a 3 round cd, so Chi-Chi will dodge before your dive is off cd. But that's okay! I've been doing this for the past few months and you only need the one dive. Acidic Goo, Ooze Touch, Dive, like you said, then acidic goo when it drops off, otherwise ooze touch until you die. Snail #2 should come out and repeat, but don't dive when Ethereal is up again. Chi-Chi will still take acidic goo damage while dodging, and will use tranquility after its third ethereal. If he (she?) has more health than what your ooze touch will do (+25%), then go ahead and dive this round. Otherwise ooze touch ftw.

I use a h/b Rapana Whelk followed by Scooter (h/h) and have very rarely had to use my 3rd--after some nasty crits from Chi-Chi, I think.

The reason I suggest not diving for that third ethereal is because you do not avoid any damage due to Chi-Chi using Tranquility the next round, and your ooze touch is 100% to hit whereas dive is only 80%. With no crits and two relatively weak (no */p) snails, I nearly always kill Chi-Chi the round he uses Tranq.

Gray14
Pet Score:2481
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Gray14 » March 22nd, 2014, 7:36 am

I've had my first real foray in the Celestial Tournament last night, with the time i've spent in-game i've levelled up around 80 various pets to level 25, i'm feeling fairly burn't out now levelling more pets needed so i felt now was a good time to start my challenge.

I had the week with Wrathion/Cho/Chen and my team did well enough, but i ended up hitting a huge brick wall with Zao, the Wish really messes up my attempts. I didn't have any issues with Zu'Fu.

Cho = Celestial Dragon, Jumping Spider and Bonkers (Rarely needed)
Chen = Clockwork Gnome, Silkbeard Snail, Zandalari Kneebiter
Wrathion = Red Cricket, Anubisath Idol, Bonkers (Rarely needed)
-
Xu'Fu = Alpine Foxling, Jumping Spider, Menagerie Custodian

With Zao i attempted him with numerous different pets, but i wasn't getting anywhere. I don't think the other two would be much of an issue, but i wanted to keep Yu'lon til last so i could use the heals.

I don't want to level loads more, i've been sat with NoNo for weeks now levelling my pets, i almost feel like lounging in their sunlounger!

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » March 22nd, 2014, 9:36 am

Your key might be to revisit your strategy on some of the other fights. Your Xufu team should be able to be Zao. Your Chen team should be able to kill xufu or zao. (Drop turret, swap to raptor, black claw, hunting party should kill either one of them). It's probably easier to sub out one or two pets in the earlier fight(s) than it is to find a whole new team for one of the celestials.

Elfuego

Post by Elfuego » April 28th, 2014, 11:00 am

Your right KPB, most teams that are focused to beat a pet species will usually work against other teams that have the same species IE: xufu and zao are beasts, so most of the time like teams will defeat them. You can sometimes use alternate teams as backups if RNG shuts you down.

GET OWNED!!