PvP and time of day

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Staghelm-us
PvP and time of day

Post by Silverthorn » October 11th, 2013, 11:05 am

It really seems to me that the PvP pet battle opponents I encounter are either pretty easy or a pretty even match before 8 pm (Central Time). As it gets later and later, the opponents get tougher and the more likely it is that I will play the same opponent that trounced me before. I almost always play it out, but I hardly ever win after 8 pm. The opponents are tougher, often with strange combinations of the new 5.4 pets, and they hardly ever, ever make a tactical mistake. The exception is Monday night, where I will eventually finish the outstanding battles for the quest. That's all I can stand, so I figure I have about 4 more months until I hit 250 wins for the achieve.

I've been playing almost exclusively with a KLR freeze team (Frosty, Kun-Lai Runt, Water Waveling). I know it's not that good any more, but it's surprising I can't eke out any wins later in the evening.

Anyone see a similar trend, or is it just me?

Silverthorn

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: PvP and time of day

Post by Shikon01 » October 15th, 2013, 8:59 am

Which is why i try and battle ealier in te day as it just seems teams aren't as tough as in the evening particularly if I'm on a tight deadline to get my 10 wins in.

Mottomoot
MVP
Pet Score:12276
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mottomoot » October 17th, 2013, 8:10 pm

Well, it's good to know that I am not the only one out there with this problem. In fact, I am here today looking for some sort of special PvP Battle Pet line up to some how win at least one Pet Battle in the later hours. Is it possible they are using Bots? I really hope that it isn't what's going on. Anyway, I was just thinking out loud because I am absolutely lost as to what to do to win a Pet Battle in the later hours. Any Ideas?

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » October 17th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Meh, I don't really notice this much. I also now have 25 pet teams that I switch in and out so the meta doesn't get boring, especially when I'm not just trying to get my 10 (weekly) wins and call it a day. :)