Is there a top Battle Pet list...?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Greyvaris
Pet Score:2535
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Greyvaris » October 20th, 2012, 10:24 am

I don't mean in terms or rarity or looks.

The Top20 rated list on this site,... seems more to do with other things rather then Battle ability.

I have a solid collection.. still growing... just not entirely sure which pets i should be leveling.

Thanks for your help.

Bindibear
Top Rater

Re: Is there a top Battle Pet list...?

Post by Bindibear » October 21st, 2012, 5:06 pm

Not specifically, but there are a lot of threads around here about "What's your favorite pet of [classx]?" Actually, there may be a "what's your favorite pet" thread ... http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... ?f=3&t=562

What I've gathered from reading these threads is there's not really a good consensus on what pet's the best. Some of the dragons get a few more voices backing them than other pets, but seems like everyone has a favorite. Some of it seems to depend on playstyle: fast pets vs. hard-hitters vs. healers and crabs etc.

I would have said "level anything rare" but with the stones in 5.1, that may not be as big an issue as it used to be.

Kingdms

Re: Is there a top Battle Pet list...?

Post by Kingdms » October 22nd, 2012, 7:52 am

Bindibear wrote:I would have said "level anything rare" but with the stones in 5.1, that may not be as big an issue as it used to be.
You still wouldn't want to level it until it's Rare, though. As someone else pointed out on this board, leveling pets of lesser rarities can be a true chore.

As to the OP's question, there is no list because there is no "top Battle Pet". Generally all Battle Pets of equal level and rarity are comparable in power; simply select the pet with the appearance, typing, and abilities you prefer. The Battle Pets system is extremely simplistic in its implementation, and as a result the challenge becomes identifying combos you enjoy and work well. You do not have to identify specific pets that are superior to their fellows like in Pokemon, because such a dynamic is not present.