Stupid Baby Dragons and Their Broken Legs

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
Stupid Baby Dragons and Their Broken Legs

Post by Sesamee » October 19th, 2012, 11:47 am

I get so annoyed when I get this message from the Stable Masters. Esp since bandages are so hard to come by and I tend to go through mine fast. Add in an 8m cd on our own ability to heal and rez and it makes for one frustrating situation. If we fly all the way to a stable master we should be able to rez our pets. This "sorry can't do it" nonsense needs to be taken out of the game. There's enough of a slow down built into the game that we don't need this extra annoyance.

TamsynKelwynn

Re: Stupid Baby Dragons and Their Broken Legs

Post by TamsynKelwynn » October 19th, 2012, 5:28 pm

I guess I've never had this happen, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Are you saying sometimes stable masters won't rez your pets?

Jagwyr
Pet Score:6313
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Jagwyr » October 19th, 2012, 8:04 pm

I could be wrong on this, but I THINK this only happens if you try to visit a stable master and heal your pets within 3 minutes of logging a character on?

There's supposed to be a 3 minute total lockout on pet healing when you first log in, to prevent people from just hopping between alts to heal their pets immediately. The only time I had a stable master tell me "Sorry, I can't heal your pets right now, there are some baby dragons that need my help" was when I had logged on less than 3 minutes prior.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 19th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Lynxr wrote:I could be wrong on this, but I THINK this only happens if you try to visit a stable master and heal your pets within 3 minutes of logging a character on?

There's supposed to be a 3 minute total lockout on pet healing when you first log in, to prevent people from just hopping between alts to heal their pets immediately. The only time I had a stable master tell me "Sorry, I can't heal your pets right now, there are some baby dragons that need my help" was when I had logged on less than 3 minutes prior.
Yes, the lockout when speaking with a Stable Master only occurs when you first log into a character. After the first 3 minutes, the Stable Master will be able to assist.

This was done because the Stable Masters were being exploited for their no CD heals on the beta.

Since pet collections are account wide, if your pet was low health and your healing ability was on CD/you didn't want to fly all the way to a Stable master, you could log onto another character that was parked next to a Stable Master and get a free quick heal.

Developers didn't intend for this to function in this manner, so they put the 3 minute CD upon log in on both the heal spell and the Stable Master heal. The idea behind it is that if you have the few minutes to spare to log onto another toon to use the heal and then switch back, you have the time to fly over to a Stable Master on the toon that you're currently pet battling with.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 20th, 2012, 1:52 am

Hmm it is definitely happening to me when I've been logged onto the same character for quite a while. I guess just chalk it up to another one of the million bugs. :roll:

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » October 20th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Sesamee wrote:Hmm it is definitely happening to me when I've been logged onto the same character for quite a while. I guess just chalk it up to another one of the million bugs. :roll:
Send a ticket to a GM and see what they say, good luck!
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Sunturion
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Sunturion » October 24th, 2012, 1:45 am

oh, i get the 3 minute logout thing, wouldnt it be a solotion to having any level 5 camped at a stable master, so if this wasnt in place, if you'd have your pet team killed or down in hp, you could just log your camping level 5, heal the pets, and log back in on your pet farming char, nullifying the cooldown.

Allanna
Pet Score:2559
Realm:Suramar-us

Post by Allanna » October 26th, 2012, 10:55 am

I really wish they'd make the bandages bind on account. I do the dailies on my mage alt because she can quickly port around to them, so she has 10-25 bandages at any given time. But I'm left high and dry if I want to work on pets with any of my other characters.

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » October 26th, 2012, 11:29 am

I might be wrong but i've gotten that message when i've gone to stablemaster and tried to heal when all my pets have actually been already healed, i just tend to sometimes click the stablemasters when i walk by "to be ready" for the next time i'm going for the battles. It always makes me slap my forehead, "oh yuh, i already healed at stormwind..." =)

Girlgamerjen
Pet Score:2585
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Girlgamerjen » October 26th, 2012, 2:14 pm

ive only gotten that message when I've just switched over from an alt. I think it's to prevent camping outside a stable master and switching over to heal really fast.