Collected Celestial Tournament Undercard Strategy

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us
Re: Collected Celestial Tournament Undercard Strategy

Post by Papazol » August 22nd, 2014, 1:50 pm

Mathalor wrote:I am having a lot of trouble beating Taran Zhu with this team:

-Nexus Whelpling (1/2/2)
-Fossilized Hatchling (2/1/2)
-Nether Ray Fry (*/*/1)
change team - stone apmadilo and 2 nether rays have almost 100% chance to get it.

Mathalor
Pet Score:1657
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Mathalor » August 24th, 2014, 12:41 am

After losing several times to him, I changed to a different team. Not the one you linked, because I don't have a second nether ray or a stone armadillo leveled. If changing to a different team is the only way to beat Taran Zhu, though, the first team should not be listed in the original post.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Sellys » August 26th, 2014, 2:20 pm

Mathalor wrote:I am having a lot of trouble beating Taran Zhu with this team:

-Nexus Whelpling (1/2/2)
-Fossilized Hatchling (2/1/2)
-Nether Ray Fry (*/*/1)

What am I missing?
Are you putting up your arcane storm so you don't get stunned?

Is your nether ray fry the S/S breed so that it's faster than Bolo and the feign death guy even if your nether ray fry is under 50% health?

Mathalor

Post by Mathalor » August 28th, 2014, 7:19 pm

Yes I am trying to keep arcane storm up, no my nether ray fry is not that breed. Seeing no breed specified, I had assumed that any would do, and I brought a p/p version. Perhaps that was my problem.

This week, I'm having problems beating shademaster Kyrin with this group:

-Giant Bone Spider (1/1/1)
-Pandaren Fire Spirit (2/1/2)
-Lil' Bling (1/1/1) [Stoned]

All of these pets only come in one breed, so I'm sure it has something to do with my strategy. My bone spider takes forever to kill Nairn. If I abandon it's other two abilities and spam bone bite in an attempt to kill it as fast as possible, my lil bling still manages to lose half it's health by the time the bone spider dies due to Blizzard spam, and my fire spirit has to come out and finish off Nairn because the bone spider couldn't last. the fire spirit puts up a good fight against stormoen, but it always gets that arcane winds + turret effect off and it owns my half health bling while summer sits in his dodge effect and then bites me for 700 damage. (Edit: At first I was screwing up here, not realizing what the wave was for. After realizing though, I was getting unlucky timing, with my fire spirit dieing before it could wave the turret down).

Last week I beat Taran Zhu by using a different team that was listed. I don't have a rocket chicken, murkablo, blossoming ancient, lil' ragnaros, or a crimson lasher. So, of the shademaster kyrin groups listed, I have one other option, but I'd have to catch and train them. Perhaps I should ask if the breed matters for the Lofty Libram or the Amethyst Shale hatchling, but I'd like to be able to beat her with the team that I already have. Do you have any advice?
Last edited by Mathalor on August 29th, 2014, 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » August 29th, 2014, 12:14 am

If you had a Macabre Marionette, I would have suggested that. It destroys the first two pets of shademaster kyrin.
Death and Decay
Dead Man's Party
Bone Bite until Nairn is dead
Dead Man's Party on Stormeon. Stormeon goes from full health to under 300 in 2 rounds.

Bring in something with tidal wave to finish off Stormeon while also removing his turrets in 2ish rounds. I use the turnip.

For Summer, I immediately swap to bling and:
Extra Plating
Make it Rain
Inflation

Summer usually dies on the 2nd inflation round

It's only weakness that I have run into is if Nairn gets a crit on the last round of dead man's party. If he does, the marionette dies usually...only happened to me once though in 30 weeks.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Mathalor

Post by Mathalor » August 29th, 2014, 2:01 am

I found another strat that worked from another website, using pets I already had leveled and stoned. I don't know the forum rules about doing so, but I'd be willing to post the strategy here as long as it's okay to give credit to the original author.