On Pet Battle Discussions

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
On Pet Battle Discussions

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2011, 3:32 pm

Blizzard revealed a new feature coming in the next WoW expansion, [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/pet-battle]Pet Battles[/url]! Check out their official Mists of Pandaria Pet Battle System page for more information.

Remember that there are still a lot of unanswered questions about how Pet Battles will function, and Blizzard might change how it works before the next expansion is released. Until more information is confirmed and released on the subject, we can only speculate on the details. Let's keep it fun and friendly!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Crissx
MVP
Pet Score:2497
Realm:Illidan-us

Re: On Pet Battle Discussions

Post by Crissx » December 7th, 2011, 6:40 am

I am afraid they are going to drop it, just like they dropped path of titans. Don't get me wrong, I would love pet battles, but I just don't see it happening. Just my thoughts....

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » December 7th, 2011, 12:54 pm

I'm mostly looking forward to the new pet catching methods they described. I'm not all that fussed about actual battling... I have plenty of other games if I fancy some turn-based combat.

Having wild-caught pets sounds interesting though ^_^

Vephriel
MVP
Pet Score:13840
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Vephriel » December 7th, 2011, 4:29 pm

Crissx wrote:I am afraid they are going to drop it, just like they dropped path of titans. Don't get me wrong, I would love pet battles, but I just don't see it happening. Just my thoughts....
I actually think this feature has a pretty good chance at surviving to release. This sort of fun, optional 'minigame' is just the type of end game content they need for players that run out of things to do and want something else to work on. It seems they've put a lot of thought into it so far, and it's been pretty well received.

Jorth
Top Rater
Pet Score:12163
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Jorth » December 7th, 2011, 8:16 pm

I agree with Vephriel...cuz I get bored sometimes with dungeons or pvp or whatever and this provides something else for someone to do. It sounds like it would be interesting and fun! :D

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 8th, 2011, 5:18 pm

They've been working on pet battles for a year, so I doubt it will get cut. Not to mention it would make a perfect app game to play when you aren't at home.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Rmd83

Post by Rmd83 » March 13th, 2012, 3:55 am

They won't drop it honestly and i'm looking forward to it

Smallfyz

Post by Smallfyz » April 27th, 2012, 12:17 am

I might Cry if they dropped pet battles!! ive be so excited since I found out about it!! ive been working hard to catch up on my collection since ive been off wow so long! this site is awesome! been having guildies join this site cause its awesome!!