Best mechanical?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Saxifrage
Pet Score:2643
Realm:Hellscream-us
Best mechanical?

Post by Saxifrage » October 15th, 2012, 6:08 am

I've been running with a rare-quality Tiny Harvester as the mechanical member of my team, but I'm getting really tired of it. The third-slot skill misses so much it's virtually worthless, and if I grind the little guy all the way to 20 I can . . . replace it with a two-turns-delayed heal. Oh joy.

Who do you turn to for robot love? I'm sort of eyeing my Darkmoon Tonk or Zeppelin, but if there's something higher-level worth hunting down, that would be less grindy.

Sohvan

Re: Best mechanical?

Post by Sohvan » October 15th, 2012, 7:35 am

Darkmoon Zeppelin is amazing. It was one of the first three pets I started leveling, and I haven't regretted it. Decoy is a very strong counter against any hard hitting attacks and multiturn attacks. It's pretty useless against abilities that attack multiple times, though. The zeppelin has strong attacks against beasts and mechanicals, which come in handy.

Wild mechanical pets seem to be very rare. The only mid level ones I've seen were Rapid Nut Varmint 5000 (lvl 16 from Winterspring) and Robo-Chick (lvl 16 from Winterspring)

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » October 15th, 2012, 7:46 am

Darkmoon Zeppelin is my favorite, but the Clockwork Gnome is very good too (if you've worked on archaeology enough to get it). Using Missile, Decoy, and Bombing Run it can usually take out any beast or non-elemental without taking too much damage. Elementals (that use elemental-type attacks) just hit any mechanical too hard for them to be effective.

Sunturion
Realm:Hellscream-eu

Post by Sunturion » October 15th, 2012, 7:50 am

i think come 5.1 the "best" mechanical pet would be if you would upgrade Pet Bombling due to its Screeching Gears ability, moderate damage but a 25% chance to stun, and absolutely no cooldown.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 15th, 2012, 8:21 pm

I kinda like my Mini Thor with its Launch Rocket

Saxifrage
Pet Score:2643
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Saxifrage » October 15th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I went with the Darkmoon Zeppelin and I am loving it. By 15 it was taking out 2 level 18 beasts on its own. It has fully usurped my dumb Tiny Harvester.

Ferretgeek
Pet Score:2688
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Ferretgeek » October 15th, 2012, 10:33 pm

Pet Bombling is pretty fragile. But pair him with a healer like Mr. Pinchy, and he is unstoppable. Also, the lightning graphics are pretty funny.
When I battle and my husband is in the room, I always have my Bombling ask, "Do you know what happens to a ____ when it gets struck by lightning?" Nerd humor.

Nurseferatu
Pet Score:2253
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Nurseferatu » October 16th, 2012, 5:12 pm

I love my Clockwork Gnome. He is the best I have against dragonkin, and is just darn useful against most everything else I am encountering so far. He is at 23, and is my most advanced pet to date.