Complete my team!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lady2beetle
Pet Score:2704
Realm:Khadgar-us
Complete my team!

Post by Lady2beetle » October 13th, 2012, 9:23 am

Hello! This is my first time posting, but I don't know who else to ask! So, I'm coming to you ladies and gents for help. :)

I'm trying to build a team based off of the Nether Faerie Dragon's moonlight ability, which increases damage from magic abilities. So far, I have:

Nether Faerie Dragon'
Disgusting Oozeling
???

What I'm looking for is a non-magic pet that has a decent number of magic abilities. (Non-magic, because I'd like to have 3 different types of pets, for defense reasons).

Suggestions? I looked at the Azure Whelpling, but it's primary ability (at least at lower levels) changes the weather to arcane storm, which defeats the purpose of Moonlight.

Kingdms

Re: Complete my team!

Post by Kingdms » October 13th, 2012, 10:35 am

Lady2beetle wrote:Suggestions? I looked at the Azure Whelpling, but it's primary ability (at least at lower levels) changes the weather to arcane storm, which defeats the purpose of Moonlight.
I would recommend that you not view Arcane Storm in this way. The ability is far less useful to the Whelpling than you seem to think. It inflicts very little damage, and its environmental effect is not very useful at lower levels since most of your battles will be against wild pets that rarely use debilitating stuns.

Azure Whelpling or Lil' Tarecgosa
The Azure Whelpling strikes me as a fine choice for your lineup. Use Wild Magic in place of Arcane Storm. Let Claw or Breath be your primary attack ability, and use Surge of Power as a particularly devastating Magic-type nuke. Its strength can be bolstered even further by prepping your target with your Oozeling's Corrosion or Acidic Goo abilities. The biggest issue, though, is that your Whelpling would be a glass cannon: You lack party healing abilities, and Surge of Power's cooldown leaves you wide open to attack.

If you want a Dragonkin with a different array of Magic-type abilities, you can try Lil' Tarecgosa. She boasts the same Magic abilities as the Whelpling, but their order is changed up a bit and she boasts additional abilities her contemporary lacks.

Winter's Little Helper or Father Winter's Helper
If you're looking for a damage dealer for this lineup I might consider one of the winter Gnomes. At least, they become interesting choices once 5.1 goes live and you can upgrade them to Rare quality. Their Elemental abilities would add a little variety to your lineup, especially when you encounter annoying Mechanical pets, and the combination of Call Blizzard and Ice Lance on a single pet is nice. Gift of Winter's Veil would your Magic-type mini-nuke with no cool down, allowing you to make use of your Moonlight effect round after round.

Restless Shadeling
Arcane Blast is the Shadeling's only offensive Magic ability, but it can pack a punch. The Shadeling also boasts powerful Undead-type healing abilities that can help keep it in the fight longer, as well as your other pets.

Ghostly Skull
Another pet that will become viable when quality upgrades are possible, this Skull only has a single Magic-type ability. That said, Spectral Strike is one of the strongest attacks available. Its miss chance can be annoying, but overwhelming power usually requires some form of limitation. It also boasts Unholy Ascension, which as an Undead pet it should be able to use on the turn it rises after being reduced to 0 hp.

Constrictor

Post by Constrictor » October 16th, 2012, 7:19 am

Complete my team²!

First post here! :)

Hi people my actual team is:
Onyxian Whelpling
Restless Shadeling (rare)
???

What pet will be a great choice to complete my "dream team" ?

I Have a Lost of Lordaeron(rare) any chance to be better of the Restless Shadeling????

Seeweda
Pet Score:3245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Seeweda » October 16th, 2012, 8:58 am

I actually like Lil XT, has lightening blast, heal, bomb and is mechanical so if he does die you at least have one more chance to win. One of his cool abilities is tantrum damages all opponent pets.

Murkablo would be my second favorite.