Little Tommy Newcomer

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mynxie
Pet Score:4553
Realm:Thrall-us
Re: Little Tommy Newcomer

Post by Mynxie » September 21st, 2013, 5:36 pm

Menagerie Custodian x2 and Darkmoon Tonk. Do Shock & Awe + Ion Cannon with each pet = dead Oon. It's a joke

Hazal
Top Rater
Pet Score:1964
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Hazal » September 21st, 2013, 8:40 pm

[pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] using [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability] the first round since Oondasta uses [ability]Frill Blast[/ability](5 round CD) the first round. After that I put out my [pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet] where I punch him once. After that I put up [ability]Call Lightning[/ability]. To do some extra damage I throw another [ability]Ion Cannon[/ability] before I die off entirely. Then I take out my [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] and throw down a [ability]Build Turret[/ability] to use the call lightning to my advantage. He will most likely frill blast me while my clockwork gnome is out punching him almost to death. If he is not dead by then I will use my Ion Cannon on my tonk to finish him off.

The_trainmaster
Pet Score:1468
Realm:Turalyon-eu

Post by The_trainmaster » September 22nd, 2013, 10:36 am

Lil' Bad Wolf - Howl (Dies after)
Lil' Smoky - 3 Missiles or 2 Missiles and 1 Toxic Smoke
Darkmoon Zeppelin - Decoy, then 2 Missiles.

And thus, Timmy bites the dust (it feels as good every time)!

Likebigbuttz
Pet Score:5322
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Likebigbuttz » September 22nd, 2013, 6:00 pm

I've got this down to a pretty consistent 4 Round fight.

Rnd 1 - Clockwork Gnome casts Turret and gets forced swap
Rnd 2 - Zandalari .... casts Black Claw
Rnd 3 - Zandalari .... casts Hunting Party
Rnd 4 - 2nd Part of Hunting Party and Oon dies usually with several of the massively buffed bullets of turret remaining.

Same strat I use for the Ox and Tiger in the Celestial Tourney. The turret damage is obscene against a beast with Black Claw and Shattered Defense (~370 per bullet and there are 4 bullets each round) even with the legendary pet buff. The damage from Hunting Party is a the icing on the cake.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 23rd, 2013, 1:39 am

2petted Lil Oondasta with Sunreaver Micro Sentry and Lil Bling. Have a pet with less health than Lil Bling as third pet to ensure bling always will be forceswapped in by Frill Blast.

Round 1: SMS uses Call Lightning
Forceswap
Round 2: Lil Bling casts Extra Plating
Round 3: Lil Bling casts Make it Rain
Round 4: Lil Bling casts Inflation
Lil Oondasta perishes

Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Bretonas » September 23rd, 2013, 1:56 am

Just adding my 5 cents as well since I've been doing him every day for over a week now. Same team, never failed me so far.

[pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet]

Start with Call Lightning, will get swapped.

[pet]Son of Animus[/pet]

Interrupting Jolt - Metal Fist - Siphon Anima - Metal Fist - Metal Fist (sometimes u won't get second fist off)

When Son of Animus dies, swap the yeti back in and hit Ion Cannon. Oondasta might actually die at this point already, if not the 3rd pet will do the job.

[pet]Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot[/pet]

Toxic Smoke

That should be enough unless you are very very unlucky. I tried Missile instead of Toxic Smoke before but missed a few times (even though it's a 90% chance). Lil' Oondasta is quite slow so all my pets go first. Since all are Mechs they do extra dmg (vs. Beast) and get the extra round after dying.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 23rd, 2013, 5:42 pm

I'm mostly being able to 2-pet him these days.

Darkmoon Tonk
Menagerie Custodian
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (in case)

Ion Cannon [get swapped for Custodian] Shock and Awe (hope for a stun), Zap until "death", (failsafe turn) Ion Cannon, swap in Tonk, Shock and Awe/Zap until "failsafe", Ion Cannon.

Very occasionally the Sentry has to come in and Call Lightning/Fel Immolate for a turn.

Likebigbuttz
Pet Score:5322
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Likebigbuttz » September 26th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Likebigbuttz wrote:I've got this down to a pretty consistent 4 Round fight.

Rnd 4 - 2nd Part of Hunting Party and Oon dies usually with several of the massively buffed bullets of turret remaining.

Same strat I use for the Ox and Tiger in the Celestial Tourney. The turret damage is obscene against a beast with Black Claw and Shattered Defense (~370 per bullet and there are 4 bullets each round) even with the legendary pet buff. The damage from Hunting Party is a the icing on the cake.
Found a Youtube video showing this strat in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3EKejPgKDY

Leesh42
Pet Score:13233
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Leesh42 » September 30th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Katzbalger wrote:I just used sunreaver (anything with lightning storm would work), clockwork gnome(as 2nd!), any mech.
lightning storm>he switches gnome in, turret, punch, punch, turret, both die, 3rd pet is just backup.

This absolutely worked for me, thanks! Except I used the mechanical yeti, also with lightning storm, and ion cannon (which finished him off after the gnome died).

Anariel_huntress
Top Rater
Pet Score:2442
BattleTag®:Anariel#1702
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Post by Anariel_huntress » November 25th, 2013, 6:26 pm

Defeated this guy finally after 3 attempts with this team

Lil Bad Wolf
Fluxfire Feline
Son of Animus

Lil Bad Wolf - Dodge - Howl - Claw if possible til dead
Fluxfire Feline - Supercharge - Flux - Claw til dead
Son of Animus - Siphon Anima - Interupting Jolt - Batter or Metal Fist til one of you is dead at last!

sacrificing your pets for their mechanical ability to come back to life for a round and keep their buffs is rather handy I found, took less time then I expected once using mechanicals.

Good Luck!

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » November 25th, 2013, 10:00 pm

I take this guy out with:

Tranquil Mechanical Yeti x/1/x
Infected Squirrel (H/P) 2/2/x
Clockwork Gnome 1/x/1

Yeti starts with Call Lightning, gets switched out for the squirrel and is usually done for the fight. The squirrel puts up creeping fungus and usually gets 2 rounds of stampede in. Once he's dead I bring in the gnome and lay down a turret and metal fist finishes off Oondasta. If fist misses the gnome will die, but the turrets finish Oondasta off.

The only time I failed to win is when Oondasta crit either his switching ability or the one that hits the back ranks (I forget--maybe it was both), killing the Yeti, AND the gnome missed his 95% metal fist. Of course, the turrets finished off Oondasta, but a tie isn't a win :/

Orrik

Post by Orrik » November 25th, 2013, 11:11 pm

I use Cogblade Raptor, Crow, and Son of Animus (although he can be replaced with something else)

-Start with Cogblade Raptor and use Exposed Wounds
-Oondasta will then use Frill Blast and pull out the Crow if it has higher health than the third pet
-Use Murder til it dies
-Put the Cogblade Raptor back in and use Batter
-The Cogblade Raptor should finish it up, but if not, the third pet will take care of it.

I have won every match against him using this combo.

Tale
Top Rater
Pet Score:13901
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Tale » November 27th, 2013, 10:51 am

i use Lil' XT and Chrominius to try to get a little XP on a 20+ pet in the third slot, but it is really chancy with the RNG. It wins more often than not, though often without being able to use the third pet for the XP. The big variables are crits and a 20% miss chance on Lll' Oondasta's Crush.

Open with Lil' XT (Zap / irrelevant / Boombot) and send in the Boombot. You'll be auto-swapped to Chrominius (Bite / Howl / Surge of Power). Do Howl then Surge of Power. Lil' Oondasta ideally SHOULD kill Chrominius at this point, but might miss. If still alive, go ahead and use your Bite.

Swap back Lil' XT when Chrominius is dead and use Zap. Boombot goes off and Lil' Oondasta will either be killed (if you had any crits along the way) or be alive with a sliver of health, probably under 100.

If Spiritfire Beam hadn't crit on Lil' XT (the usual case) just send out another Boombot or pass the next round. If the Beam had crit, XT will be dead anyway.

If the fight isn't over, bring out your last pet for XP and finish Lil' Oondasta off with a 100% hit ability. Unless you have an obnoxiously slow pet, it'll go faster than Lil' Oondasta.

The main thing is if Lil' Oondasta has missed anything so that Lil' XT and Chrominius lived longer than expected, don't try to wait out a turn to hope to get set up for the XP on that last pet. It won't work.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » November 27th, 2013, 9:37 pm

I use Sunreaver Micro-Sentry, Clockwork Gnome, and Lesser Voidwalker. Typically kill it before I am forced to bring out my VW.

Axordil
Pet Score:4792
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Axordil » November 28th, 2013, 1:38 am

Just for the heck of it:

Mr Wiggles--uses Uncanny Luck, dies in first swap attack
Menagerie Custodian--3 demolishes (100% hit and improved crit), Ion Cannon on the rez round.
DM Tonk--Shock and Awe, Ion Cannon if crits from the Custodian didn't soften him up.

I just like opening with a pig against a meat eating dinosaur...

Se5s
Pet Score:3144
BattleTag®:sess#1102
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Se5s » November 29th, 2013, 4:06 pm

tranquil yeti - ion cannon, then recovers while swapped out
direhorn runt - hp makes sure it's chosen over warbot, use stampede. runt usually dies after the third run, if not, use it again.
warbot - 2 rounds of double missile dmg and u win, if he dies yeti's ion cannon wins.

this wins every day for me in one shot unless the worst RNG goes off for missile misses and Oondasta gets those annoying strings of crits, in which case no pet combo will win anyway lol

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 30th, 2013, 11:26 am

I've mostly settled on:
Darkmoon Tonk (Ion Cannon)
Water Spirit (geyser, whirlpool)
stunted shardhorn (b/b) (survival, stampede)

I like this team cause it knocks out most RNG issues.

1. Tonk - Ion Cannon
2. Spirit - Geyser
3. Spirit - Whirlpool (spirit usually dies)
4. Shard - Survival (or if spirit still alive, switch to shardhorn here)
5. Shard - Stampede
6. shard - Stampede (oon usually dies here)

if Oondasta survives round 6, the Tonk is still alive and can use Ion Cannon again. The only situation that screws this one up is when Oon's AoE in round 2 crits on the shardhorn AND Oon fails to kill the water spirit in round 3 (and even then it doesn't always spell doom), but that is a really rare combo (only seen it once between both me and my wife).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » December 3rd, 2013, 9:47 am

Likebigbuttz wrote:I've got this down to a pretty consistent 4 Round fight.

The turret damage is obscene against a beast with Black Claw and Shattered Defense (~370 per bullet and there are 4 bullets each round) even with the legendary pet buff. The damage from Hunting Party is a the icing on the cake.

I use a [pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet], [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] - P/P and [pet]Zandalari Kneebiter[/pet] - P/P.

This is a 4 round kill every time, sometimes I have to use the second Raptor for the 4th round due to Oon never missing a 80% hit chance [ability]Crush[/ability]. But you don't have to as you can just swap back in the Clockwork Gnome for the 4th round because Oon is usually only around 400 hp left and one more Turrent round kills him.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Y2bogus
Pet Score:3453
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Y2bogus » May 22nd, 2014, 7:35 am

I'd like to share my own method which involved very easy to obtain, cageable pets.

My goal was to avoid use of any pets that required a lot of work or randomization to get ahold of. IE, a lot of strategies use our Mechanical Gnome buddy which is a rare archeology find, and while I have one, many of my guildmates and friends who I'm trying to lure to pet battling, don't. So I mixed and matched strategies from other folks, and added a little of my own spice, and came up with this. It uses 3 very easily obtainable pets. Darkmoon Zepplin, easily purchaseable after 2 decent darkmoon faire events. Mini Mindslayer, drops off the first boss in Ahn Quiraj, myself I must have 20 of these in the bank from farming Anubisath Idols to sell. And Pet Bombling, very easy to create Engineering pet that you can either make yourself, or easily found on the AH of my server for ~200g. You'll probably want to burn a stone on him, I haven't tested this with a green quality one.

So here's my setup

Mini Mindslayer (Mana Surge, Amplify Magic, Life Exchange)

Darkmoon Zepplin (Missile, Explode, Decoy)

Pet Bombling (Zap, Toxic Smoke, Explode)

Open with Mini Mindlasyer
Use Life Exchange to knock out over 600hp from Lil Oondasta

He'll use frill blast and force your pet bombling out

Use Toxic Smoke
Use Zap
Use Toxic Smoke again
Explode

Bring out Darkmoon Zepplin
Use Decoy
Use Explode

You Win!

This strat has worked super well for me. None of the used moves rely on RNG, and the strat itself minimizes the effect of RNG, as both mechanicals have the self rez available. I have yet to fail using this team.