Celestial Tournament 101 [Full tourney + 4 beasts tips]

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Bretonas
Top Rater
Pet Score:12312
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Re: Celestial Tournament 101-US (some EU commentary too)

Post by Bretonas » September 20th, 2013, 4:15 pm

Just tried the tournament again and got finally past the first 3. Went to Xu-Fu first cause he gives me such a hard time every time I fight. Found a team that worked for him. I'm just sharing it, not 100% sure I was lucky or not, but none of my pets died. :)

[pet]Tranquil Mechanical Yeti[/pet] (1/1/2)
[pet]Cogblade Raptor[/pet] (2/1/1)
[pet]Szechuan Chicken[/pet] (1/1/2)

Just took the chicken cause I needed a pet with Flock ability. I don't have any turkey that's faster than him without the flying bonus, but I gave it a shot anyway. The raptor is for the Exposed Wounds ability.

Started of with Call Lightning, switched to Raptor, used Exposed Wounds. He actually killed it, but thanks to being a mech it rez'd and I swapped the chicken in. When u use flock a second time you have the 100% extra dmg debuff on him, 73 extra dmg from Exposed Wounds and more extra dmg from Call Lightning. The attack itself is not strong vs. Mechs but with all the extra dmg going he died before my chicken did. :D

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » September 21st, 2013, 3:42 am

Wise mari
Blingtron 4000
Shademaster Kiryn
in eu this week, anyone got idea how to beat those?

Bretonas
Top Rater

Post by Bretonas » September 21st, 2013, 4:19 am

My team for Blingtron 4000

[pet]Eternal Strider[/pet]
[pet]Electrified Razortooth[/pet]
[pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet]

For Shademaster Kiryn

[pet]Crimson Lasher[/pet]
[pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet]
3rd one, could be any which has strong attacks vs. humans.

And for Wise Mari

[pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet]
[pet]Direhorn Runt[/pet]
[pet]Mountain Panda[/pet]

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » September 21st, 2013, 3:15 pm

Because I'm not awesome and I don't normally 1 shot the tournament. I take hours and I swear while I'm at it. I did get a reliable working team together for this week, and it went repeatably well!

Teren Xu (the monk team)

Creppy Crate
Scourged Whelping
Fledging Netherray (THIS GUY IS UNSTOPPABLE AGAINST DEATHWING)

Chen

Clockwork Gnome
Pygmy Direhorn
Moth

Wrathion

Anubish Idol
Darkmoon Rabbit (S/S)
Qiiraji Guardling

Zao (Ox)

Zalandari Raptor
Twilight Spider
(2 shotted my third pet never does anything)

Xu-Fu

Sunreaver Micro Sentry
Mechanical Dragonling
Cogblade Raptor

Chi Ji

Senjin Fetish
Disgusting Oozeling
Rapana Whelk

Yu La (My most hated)

Lil Ragnaros
Living Sandling
Monk

NOTE: I tried the Grell on Yu La to actually on and OFF RNG fail I found the combo above repeatable.

Okay sorry for butchering names and hopefully I helped someone out there :)

Hazal
Top Rater
Pet Score:1964
Realm:Stormreaver-eu

Post by Hazal » September 21st, 2013, 9:09 pm

Are these Celestial Tournaments trainers rotating so you would be able to expect X trainers in Y week or are the set of trainers that spawn random from week to week?

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » September 22nd, 2013, 6:16 am

Stormrow wrote:Im just feeling very peed off and sorry for myself..... I should be able to do this and I CANT!
I'm in exactly the same situation, so trust me, you are not alone with this! :cry:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

El
Pet Score:3006
Realm:Ravenholdt-eu

Post by El » September 22nd, 2013, 6:32 am

Stormrow wrote:well, its official, i give up. Spent up to 6 hrs every day since this thing came out trying to do this. I have levelled lots of pets to 25 and they all fail.
This Tournament is frustrating for people like us that have "just levelled a lot of pets". So far, each week I've found one battle for which I have no reliable mix of pets available, and for which the only solution is to first level one or more pets up to 25.

For example, this week Blingtron throws up (1) the Critter that cannot be defeated with a Beast and (2) the defensive Mechanical. The first should be easy if you have a level 25 version of one of a handful of Elemental pets that does Critter damage. The second lends itself to a pet that can lay down a lot of Mechanical damage in the 1 turn of 4 that the opponent cannot have their defenses up. If you have to default to a merely non-Beast Critter-damaging pet in the first case, or have to use a pet that does more gradual damage in the second case, the overall battle result tends to be somewhere between random and improbable.

More than anything else we've seen, this Tournament rewards having precisely the right set of pets. It's more a Tournament for pet levellers, than specifically pet collectors. There is still some variation possible in team setup, but sometimes not very much: One is sometimes expected to be able to field one of a couple of possible pets in order to succeed reliably. Secondary options tend to make for random outcomes, which while theoretically possible to win, too often fall foul of the "no heals" Tournament restriction. If, like me, you've just levelled some pets at random, you're almost guaranteed to eventually reach a Tournament battle you cannot win with your available pets.

Veyska
Top Rater
Pet Score:13664
Realm:Rexxar-us

Post by Veyska » September 22nd, 2013, 4:41 pm

Throwing my two cents in for the Taran Zhu fight (most of my other set-ups are effectively identical to other stuff listed here or one of the other discussion topics or actually identical)... The second two monks are more straightforward (IMO, at least) so mostly addressing Yen, the first one.

He's humanoid - we want undead damage.
He has a stun - critters can't be stunned.
He has FD - effects that prevent fleeing/swapping would be awesome.

There is in fact one pet that meets all three criteria - the [pet]Imperial Silkworm[/pet] (2/1/*). Yeah, that "junk" item that tailors keep vendoring... You'll want [ability]Consume[/ability] for the first move and [ability]Sticky Goo[/ability] for the second. I went with [ability]Moth Dust[/ability] for my third move for the chance at sleep but I expect [ability]Burrow[/ability] would work just as well (and reduce the chance for an inadvertent swap if you lead with dust and get sleep and Taran Zhu switches pets). [Edit - I led with moth dust and then sticky goo, but unless you get a crazy crit on your first hits you've got probably 2-3 rounds to hit goo. Better safe than sorry, I'd hit it second either way.]

The only marginally tricky part (barring horrible RNG) is the timing of FD. Being snared effectively turns it into a deflection clone, where Yen takes no damage. This can potentially waste a moth dust/burrow hit, but it's no huge loss and if you can accurately guess when he's going to FD you can just twiddle your thumbs or hit sticky goo again just to feel like you're actually doing something. Bit slower than some of the other options (H/H with lower damage attacks), but it's pretty darned effective and negates that annoying stun/FD. The silkworm will get stomped by the next monk but that's okay, you might get a hit in and it'll allow you to swap without wasting a turn. :-P

(I went with Lil' K.T. and Feverbite Hatchling respectively for monks 2 and 3, but any UD and spider/grub would do fine I expect...)

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » September 22nd, 2013, 5:30 pm

Darklynx wrote:Here are my strats for week two (Tharan Zu, Wrathion and Chen). I'd like to take a moment here to say: Blizzard, why the hate? Tharan Zu was a pain in the ass because of RNG, making me lose my first try with my Creepy Crate, which would be a easy win. Thanks for the misses, Blizzard. Had to run through all my 25 pets trying new strats cause I lost my 3 best Undead pets on the first try :D (Interesting enough, I almost manage to win with a Beast team strat with Howl, cause most attacks from the monks are critter).

Without further delay, here they are:

Chen Stormtout
Team:
Clockwork Gnome (1/1/1)
Direhorn Runt (2/1/2)
Snarly (1/1/2)

Build Turret > Metal Fist > Metal Fist > Build Turret (He'll swap to Chirps)
Stay with the Gnome, because he'll make you sleep and kill you. Swap to Direhorn Runt.
Trihorn Shield > Horn Attack > Trample > Horn Attack (You'll kill it)
Keep Trampling until you die (cause you need Inebriate down)
Swap to Snarly.
Rip > Blood in the Water. GG

Wrathion
Team:
Anubisath Idol (1/1/1)
Alpine Hare (1/2/1) [Or any Bunny with 300+ speed, really]
Feral Vermling (1/2/1) [Or any other Humanoid with Crush, it'll be a 3hko on Dah'da)

Sandstorm > Swap to the bunny > Dodge > Scratch > Scratch > Burrow > Dodge. If he's not dead, keep using Scratch and remember to use Dodge one turn before Ice Tomb hits.
Swap to Anubisath Idol on his Undead turn (You don't need to sac the Bunny now, only keep it through the Undead turn if you're taking a huge hit from Ice Tomb)
Sandstorm > Crush until you kill it (always refresh Sandstorm to avoid Blistering Cold and Flamethrower damage)
Swap to your third pet when Anubis dies and keep Crushing, if for some RNG bullshit you don't manage to kill Deathwing, you'll need the Bunny to finish him off, that's why you don't sac it.

Taran Zhu (RNG, why do you hate me so much? oO)
Team:
Creepy Crate (1/1/2)
Stitched Pup (1/2/1)
Scourged Whelpling (H/H) (2/2/1)

Start off with Death Grip, you don't want to deal with the first monk, and if you get him under 1000, everytime he comes in he'll use Fake Death, so that makes it easier for you.
So: Death Grip > Bonestorm > Creepy Chomp until you kill it. Bone Storm always when off CD (if RNG hates you, you might not kill this monk, but that's okay, all you need it to use Bonestorm twice on the match)
Scourged Whelpling > Death and Decay > Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep (this will heal you about 200 each turn, which is pretty neat).
When the first monk comes in again, always Refresh Death and Decay, because he'll use Fake Death.
On the 3rd pet: Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep until you die.
Switch in Stitched Pup > Howl > Diseased Bite. If RNG doesn't fuck you like it did to me, it should basically one shot (1,1k +) if not, keep biting.
When the first monk comes back again, use Consume Corpse (it'll heal you up to 800)
Diseased Bite > Diseased Bite (he should be dead)

Since RNG fucked me over (missed over 3 moves) on this fight, all I can say is that this team is pretty solid against Tharan Zu, and I should had a easier time dealing with him if my moves actually hit, Undead attacks have such a bad hit rate, god damn.

For the celestials I repeated the same teams I used last week:

Yu'la
- Qiraji Guardling (The same from the first fight, he should not have taken any damage)
- Feline Familiar (stoned) (1/2/2)
- Pandaren Monk (2/2/1)

Blackout Kick -> Punch Punch Punch [he'll lift-off] -> Hawk Eye -> Punch until you die.
Feline Familiar -> Call Darkness -> Onyx Bite until you die or he dies
Pandaren Monk -> Fury of 1000 Fists.

Zao
- Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (2/2/1)
- Zandalari Kneebiter (Power) (2/2/2)
- Zandalari Anklerender (Speed) (2/1/2)

Call Lightning -> Fel Immolate -> Fel Immolate
Zandalari Kneebiter > Black Claw > Hunting Party (he should die now)
If he doesn't: Zandalari Anklerender -> Hunting Party (he should still have both debuffs from the Anklerender, so you can just attack)

Xu-Fu
- Fjord Worf Pup (1/2/2)
- Darkmoon Tonk (1/1/2)
- Menagerie Custodian (2/1/2)

Worg Pup > Dazzle Dance > Howl > Bite until you die
Tonk > Shock and Awe > Missile > Ion Cannon

Chi-Chi [Aka Hellspawn] - Sad fact: I tried the Apocalypse strat with a Cockcroach and a immortal Crawdad against it. New boss mechanics don't allow it to die. FUN.
- Gilnean Raven (1/1/2)
- Silkbead Snail (1/2/2)
- Lil' Tarecgosa (2/1/1)

Dark Flame > Nevermore > Swap to Lil Tarecgosa
Arcane Blast > Arcane Blast > Arcane Blast > Surge of Power [She should kill your pet here]
Snail > Acidic Goo [make sure it hits] > Ooze Touch until you kill it.
You can use the Gilnean Raven to finish it off if RNG is mean, just remember to use Dark Flame first and Nevermore before he uses the attack (if you're faster, which you should be)

Darklynx you are AWESOME! Thank you for this. Many other peoples strats did not work. Your write-ups ALWAYS work! Thank you!! :-)

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » September 22nd, 2013, 8:32 pm

Since I've gotten a lot of help too from the forums and WoWhead, I figured to post how I've dealt with these fights:

WRATHION:
A Speedy Rabbit, Scourged Whelping, Peddlefeet
Scratch till the Ice Tomb is abt to hit. When the Ice Tomb hits one round, dodge. Scratch till dead and dodge for Ice Tomb
When Alex comes out, bring Peddlefeet. Stun Alex so that Dah'da comes out. Hit Shot Through The Heart and then bow shot till dead. Most likely, you'll be stunned coz of the Elementium Bolt. Bring the Scourged Whelping, cast Plagued Blood and then Call Darkness. Tail Sweep till Alex is dead.

Chen:
Skywisp Moth, Spider with brittle webbing, any aquatic (I used Mirror Strider)
Cast cocoon, Call lightning then Slicing Wind till dead. If you happen to die first, bring first the Aquatic. If you don't die, let the Moth soak the lullaby. bring the spider and then cast brittle webbing. Use Spiderling Swarm. Be careful because sometimes his critter can crit and leave you dead. Just try again. For the mirror strider, Pump till dead. Make sure to heal if you are half health

Taran Zhu
3 moths all specced to Alpha Strike, Cocoon, Moth Dust
I only use like two moths for his three. Just cast Moth Dust first, Cocoon second, Alpha Strike. Moth dust on CD and Cocoon on CD too

Chi-chi
Two Rapana Whelks, Arcane Eye.
Depending on how well you time it, you'll just need the Rapana Whelps. Cast Acidic Goo, Ooze Touch and then Dive. Keep Acidic Goo on Chi-chi. Dive when he casts Ethereal.

Yu'la
Pandaren Monk. I also had Qiraji Youngling and Peddlefeet as backup.
Blackout Kick to start then Takedown. When he flies up, Staggering steps. Keep Blackout Kick on CD. Save Staggering Steps for when he flies up

Xu-Fu
**I missed out on last week's because he gave me trouble but got it this time**
Water Spirit, Chrominius, Clockwork Gnome.
Cast Geyser, Whirlpool. Switch to Chrominus then Howl and Surge of Power. Bite till dead. I didnt even need my Clockwork Gnome for this fight.

Zao
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry, Two Zandalari Anklerenders
**It took me an hr to farm seven Zandalari raptors. Only go after the Dinomancers**
Cast Extra plating, Call lightning and then Fel Immolate. If Zao's wish happens to come off, it's okay. Continue with Call lightning and Fel Immolate till dead. Bring the anklerender, cast black claw and then hunting party. I didnt need to use my second Anklerender.

AS FOR LAST WEEKS:
I don't remember the fights but I wrote these pets down. Once I encounter them again, I'll update it

Cho: Nordrassil Wisp, Emerald Proto-Whelp, Peddlefeet

Ion: Celestial Dragon, Scourged Whelping, Moth

Sully: Glowfly, any beast, Seagull

good luck!

Rifkin
MVP
Pet Score:9103
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Rifkin » September 23rd, 2013, 12:47 am

OMG!!! This tournament is driving me nuts!!! After a few attempts at the bosses I had my teams all sorted, I had defeated each of the bosses at different stages and thought right, heal up and do it all again in one go... right? WRONG RNG decided to step and say "No way" and all last night and all today I've been hit with nothing but fail RNG at some point in every tournament I have attempted. The RNG is rediculous and I am close to chucking the biggest fit!!! Sorry not really helpful info but just putting it out there for the people experiencing the same bad luck. When I finally beat these bugger's I will put up my strats.

Tzcy
Pet Score:5176
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Tzcy » September 23rd, 2013, 8:48 am

As a thought on Chi-chi.. since all the posted strats weren't working for me, and i ran out of magic dealers.
Voodoo Figurine with wild magic than just slash till you die.. then rot on death round. now chi-chi is undead.
then Mr. Wiggles hoof till Chi chi dies. didn't need a third pet.

Tzcy
Pet Score:5176
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Tzcy » September 23rd, 2013, 10:44 am

El wrote:
Stormrow wrote:well, its official, i give up. Spent up to 6 hrs every day since this thing came out trying to do this. I have levelled lots of pets to 25 and they all fail.
More than anything else we've seen, this Tournament rewards having precisely the right set of pets. It's more a Tournament for pet levellers, than specifically pet collectors. There is still some variation possible in team setup, but sometimes not very much: One is sometimes expected to be able to field one of a couple of possible pets in order to succeed reliably. Secondary options tend to make for random outcomes, which while theoretically possible to win, too often fall foul of the "no heals" Tournament restriction. If, like me, you've just levelled some pets at random, you're almost guaranteed to eventually reach a Tournament battle you cannot win with your available pets.
Unfortunately this is somewhat true. I personally had to quit the tournament earlier this week with only Zao left, to go level up my zandalari raptors even though i have over 300 of my pets leveled. a lot of the pets are just too weak to be that effective.

On the plus side. once you get a pet to about level 10, some times less, you can easily level at least one, or two a day (i usually do two and a half) doing the pet battle masters. just have to make sure the low level pet gets switched in for one round then out again. there are a couple of masters that are too rough for this. but most of them can be beaten with one or two level 25s
I prefer the onyxian welpling,Kun-lai runt and for battles the runt isn't good for the spectral porcupette. though those are just personal preferences and not the optimal team.

Darklynx
Pet Score:9711
Realm:Tol Barad-us

Post by Darklynx » September 23rd, 2013, 12:15 pm

Misstic wrote:
Darklynx wrote:Here are my strats for week two (Tharan Zu, Wrathion and Chen). I'd like to take a moment here to say: Blizzard, why the hate? Tharan Zu was a pain in the ass because of RNG, making me lose my first try with my Creepy Crate, which would be a easy win. Thanks for the misses, Blizzard. Had to run through all my 25 pets trying new strats cause I lost my 3 best Undead pets on the first try :D (Interesting enough, I almost manage to win with a Beast team strat with Howl, cause most attacks from the monks are critter).

Without further delay, here they are:

Chen Stormtout
Team:
Clockwork Gnome (1/1/1)
Direhorn Runt (2/1/2)
Snarly (1/1/2)

Build Turret > Metal Fist > Metal Fist > Build Turret (He'll swap to Chirps)
Stay with the Gnome, because he'll make you sleep and kill you. Swap to Direhorn Runt.
Trihorn Shield > Horn Attack > Trample > Horn Attack (You'll kill it)
Keep Trampling until you die (cause you need Inebriate down)
Swap to Snarly.
Rip > Blood in the Water. GG

Wrathion
Team:
Anubisath Idol (1/1/1)
Alpine Hare (1/2/1) [Or any Bunny with 300+ speed, really]
Feral Vermling (1/2/1) [Or any other Humanoid with Crush, it'll be a 3hko on Dah'da)

Sandstorm > Swap to the bunny > Dodge > Scratch > Scratch > Burrow > Dodge. If he's not dead, keep using Scratch and remember to use Dodge one turn before Ice Tomb hits.
Swap to Anubisath Idol on his Undead turn (You don't need to sac the Bunny now, only keep it through the Undead turn if you're taking a huge hit from Ice Tomb)
Sandstorm > Crush until you kill it (always refresh Sandstorm to avoid Blistering Cold and Flamethrower damage)
Swap to your third pet when Anubis dies and keep Crushing, if for some RNG bullshit you don't manage to kill Deathwing, you'll need the Bunny to finish him off, that's why you don't sac it.

Taran Zhu (RNG, why do you hate me so much? oO)
Team:
Creepy Crate (1/1/2)
Stitched Pup (1/2/1)
Scourged Whelpling (H/H) (2/2/1)

Start off with Death Grip, you don't want to deal with the first monk, and if you get him under 1000, everytime he comes in he'll use Fake Death, so that makes it easier for you.
So: Death Grip > Bonestorm > Creepy Chomp until you kill it. Bone Storm always when off CD (if RNG hates you, you might not kill this monk, but that's okay, all you need it to use Bonestorm twice on the match)
Scourged Whelpling > Death and Decay > Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep (this will heal you about 200 each turn, which is pretty neat).
When the first monk comes in again, always Refresh Death and Decay, because he'll use Fake Death.
On the 3rd pet: Plagued Blood > Tail Sweep until you die.
Switch in Stitched Pup > Howl > Diseased Bite. If RNG doesn't fuck you like it did to me, it should basically one shot (1,1k +) if not, keep biting.
When the first monk comes back again, use Consume Corpse (it'll heal you up to 800)
Diseased Bite > Diseased Bite (he should be dead)

Since RNG fucked me over (missed over 3 moves) on this fight, all I can say is that this team is pretty solid against Tharan Zu, and I should had a easier time dealing with him if my moves actually hit, Undead attacks have such a bad hit rate, god damn.

For the celestials I repeated the same teams I used last week:

Yu'la
- Qiraji Guardling (The same from the first fight, he should not have taken any damage)
- Feline Familiar (stoned) (1/2/2)
- Pandaren Monk (2/2/1)

Blackout Kick -> Punch Punch Punch [he'll lift-off] -> Hawk Eye -> Punch until you die.
Feline Familiar -> Call Darkness -> Onyx Bite until you die or he dies
Pandaren Monk -> Fury of 1000 Fists.

Zao
- Sunreaver Micro-Sentry (2/2/1)
- Zandalari Kneebiter (Power) (2/2/2)
- Zandalari Anklerender (Speed) (2/1/2)

Call Lightning -> Fel Immolate -> Fel Immolate
Zandalari Kneebiter > Black Claw > Hunting Party (he should die now)
If he doesn't: Zandalari Anklerender -> Hunting Party (he should still have both debuffs from the Anklerender, so you can just attack)

Xu-Fu
- Fjord Worf Pup (1/2/2)
- Darkmoon Tonk (1/1/2)
- Menagerie Custodian (2/1/2)

Worg Pup > Dazzle Dance > Howl > Bite until you die
Tonk > Shock and Awe > Missile > Ion Cannon

Chi-Chi [Aka Hellspawn] - Sad fact: I tried the Apocalypse strat with a Cockcroach and a immortal Crawdad against it. New boss mechanics don't allow it to die. FUN.
- Gilnean Raven (1/1/2)
- Silkbead Snail (1/2/2)
- Lil' Tarecgosa (2/1/1)

Dark Flame > Nevermore > Swap to Lil Tarecgosa
Arcane Blast > Arcane Blast > Arcane Blast > Surge of Power [She should kill your pet here]
Snail > Acidic Goo [make sure it hits] > Ooze Touch until you kill it.
You can use the Gilnean Raven to finish it off if RNG is mean, just remember to use Dark Flame first and Nevermore before he uses the attack (if you're faster, which you should be)

Darklynx you are AWESOME! Thank you for this. Many other peoples strats did not work. Your write-ups ALWAYS work! Thank you!! :-)
Thank you very much! :D

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 23rd, 2013, 12:48 pm

I've been kinda prioritizing the teams for the celestials and that has worked for me.

Zao
------
I actually use the BoF nuke team on this guy, though I have my undead pet do some damage before laying on CoD. You don't even need the valk for this as long as you CoD on the undead turn. Geyser+Whirlpool. Swap -> howl. It's worked well on the last two weeks. It is a bit weak to RNG, so I might try using a flyer with flock in place of chrominius to. Possibly a stitched pup instead just to guarantee howl goes up. So far I haven't needed any of these pets for any other battle.

Yu'la
------
Peddlefeet (stun+big hit) + Hopling(backflip+crush) eat this guy up. Keep a solid 3rd pet incase of crush misses. That means I don't have them for Wrathion, but I can put a different team for him anyways

Xu'fu
-------
I just use my best mechanicals. I don't even remember exactly which ones, but darkmoon zep/mechanical dragonling + another strong one. This gives two decoys for dealing with feed. This is one of those that I honestly had the least trouble with, but only because I was initially paranoid at using my mechs early in the tournament so I had them for Xu'fu.

Chi-Chi
-----------
This one gave me a lot of trouble. I lost so many pets. I finally got a sleep strategy to work. I start out with an H/P Black Lamb from elwynn forest (Sleep->Chew->Stampede ... repeat until dead), then I follow up with a summit kid with the same moveset (though a beast so doesn't get the reduction on fire quills...dies sooner). I had to time sleep to it landed on the turn before ethereal. Those two pets whittled Chi-Chi down and I finished it off with a coilfang stalker (or legs) surge of power (I might have lasored first). I don't like this team, so I will be reading a lot of posts here to get a better one, but it worked two weeks in a row, but too susceptible to RNG for my tastes.

After getting those teams set up, I just made my other pets work with the previous tamers. I felt the celestials were the big threat to deal with and so far that has worked for me.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 23rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

I edited my OPost with week 2 stuff that worked ..sorry it was late but others posted great ideas here- thanks

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 23rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

I use the BoF nuke on Chi Chi. I still think she's the hardest.

For Zao I use a Zandalari Kneebiter and Crow/Gilnean Raven. I mop up with any spare mechanical, usually Pocket Reaver.

This week I had more trouble with Xu'Fu than I did the week before, but the Menagerie Custodian and Darkmoon Tonk both loaded with stuns and Ion Cannons take him out without too much fuss. I lead with the Micro-Sentry for the Lightning + Fel Immolation, but then it sits on the back line the rest of the fight.

Yu'La is a pushover to any strong humanoid. Flayer Youngling *almost* solos her.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » September 23rd, 2013, 8:52 pm

Tzcy wrote:
El wrote:
Unfortunately this is somewhat true. I personally had to quit the tournament earlier this week with only Zao left, to go level up my zandalari raptors even though i have over 300 of my pets leveled. a lot of the pets are just too weak to be that effective.

On the plus side. once you get a pet to about level 10, some times less, you can easily level at least one, or two a day (i usually do two and a half) doing the pet battle masters. just have to make sure the low level pet gets switched in for one round then out again. there are a couple of masters that are too rough for this. but most of them can be beaten with one or two level 25s
I prefer the onyxian welpling,Kun-lai runt and for battles the runt isn't good for the spectral porcupette. though those are just personal preferences and not the optimal team.
Yea, I had to quit last week too despite having enough pets just to level some more that worked with the guide. My boyfriend thought that I was crazy since I was leveled about 15 pets over the course of 4 days. It's hard too when it's so RNG depended. I'm trying hard not to complain but I can lose twice and then win, with the same combination, with one untouched.

I still wish for one heal, just because having to forfeit after getting through 6 battles is discouraging at times

Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Palatank » September 24th, 2013, 2:20 am

EU 24-9 till 24-9
Shademaster Kiryn
[pet]Murkablo[/pet] 1,2,1
[pet]Water Waveling[/pet] 2,1,1
[pet]Clockwork Gnome[/pet] 1,1,1
Or
[pet]Harbringer of Flame[/pet] 2,2,2
[pet]Pebble[/pet] 1,2,1
[pet]Rocket Chicken[/pet] 1,1,2

HoF took out first 2 easily (beside the free ress), just need a better solution for the Beast at end

Blingtron 4000
[pet]Aqua Strider[/pet] 1,1,2
[pet]Core Hound Pup[/pet] 2,1,2
[pet]Tiny Snowman[/pet] 1,1,1

Wise Mari
[pet]Jade Owl[/pet] 1,1,1
[pet]Mechenical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] 1,2,2
[pet]Viscidus Globule[/pet] 2,2,2

Only tested most setups 2/3 so still room for improvment
Edit:
Apparently the trainers will change tommorow
Last edited by Palatank on September 24th, 2013, 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bretonas
Top Rater

Post by Bretonas » September 24th, 2013, 2:55 am

Palatank wrote:EU 24-9 till 01-10
Those first 3 tamers are gonna change tomorrow (Wednesday). It's the same as last week. The quest resets on Tuesday on EU servers, however the first 3 guys only change on Wednesday. I'm not sure whether I should do the quest today (seemed a little easier than the first week) or see what surprises show up tomorrow.