Celestial Tournament 101 [Full tourney + 4 beasts tips]

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Palatank
Pet Score:7098
Realm:Khadgar-eu
Re: Celestial Tournament 101-US (some EU commentary too)

Post by Palatank » September 24th, 2013, 3:08 am

Bretonas wrote:
Palatank wrote:EU 24-9 till 01-10
Those first 3 tamers are gonna change tomorrow (Wednesday). It's the same as last week.
O that i didn't know i just did them last Tuesday, and was surprised too see the same tamers, since i masterd those it was easy choise to redo them, o well maby it will help someone in a future celestial challenge.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 24th, 2013, 4:36 am

Weekly resets seems a bit wonky. Did the celestial tournament late last night after reset. This morning I visit timeless isle and find its reset again, allowing me to get my second celestial already.

Edit: Zao is terribly noisy! Will have to find his sound file and mute him.

Edit 2: Zao successfully muted. He uses the Yak creature sounds.
Last edited by Luciandk on September 24th, 2013, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gabrizar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13620
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gabrizar » September 24th, 2013, 6:56 am

Oh, I thought we just got the same 3 again this reset (EU). Thank you for the info.

In that case I think I will just do it today, since I found the tamers a lot easier this reset then last, plus I actually wrote down what worked for me.
Then I can check out the new ones next tuesday, and do then there if I like, or wait a few days to it reset again with a new trainer combo.

Really weird the way they have setted it up. The quest reset monday night/tuesday and the trainers reset wednesday EU. Since raids reset tuesday night it makes no sense.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » September 24th, 2013, 7:00 am

Gabrizar wrote:Oh, I thought we just got the same 3 again this reset (EU). Thank you for the info.

In that case I think I will just do it today, since I found the tamers a lot easier this reset then last, plus I actually wrote down what worked for me.
Then I can check out the new ones next tuesday, and do then there if I like, or wait a few days to it reset again with a new trainer combo.

Really weird the way they have setted it up. The quest reset monday night/tuesday and the trainers reset wednesday EU. Since raids reset tuesday night it makes no sense.
Everything resets on tuesdays in USA. So likely an oversight that the pet battle quests follows US schedule for europeans.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » September 24th, 2013, 2:20 pm

Luciandk wrote:Everything resets on tuesdays in USA. So likely an oversight that the pet battle quests follows US schedule for europeans.
Yes, it's odd. I did the tourney today at 7am PST and got Taran Zhu etc; the same group as last week. Now I'm wondering if it'll switch to Shademaster etc for people who do it later in the week.

But more importantly, I'm wondering if the swap in tamers will be accompanied by a reset of the weekly quest.

Mummymermaid
Pet Score:3488
BattleTag®:mummymermaid#1233

Post by Mummymermaid » September 25th, 2013, 12:47 am

little tommy newcomer....managed to do him with

cogblade raptor
chrominius
fluxfire feline

open with raptor, use expose wounds, then chrominius howl and surge of power, then raptor should be able to get in two lots of batter..then fluxfire with supercharge and then flux...equals win ^^

tournament....

raptors , cogblade raptor for the ox
bof team for crane
raptors and cogblade raptor for tiger
monk and 2 runts for dragon

wrath...cricket, idol, flayer..also 2 flayers and a brown paire dog works
chen...rabbit..wolver,snarly
taran... crawling craw, lost of lordaeron, shadling.

i have one extra raptor, 2 extra runts and 2 extra flayers..

mari...scourged whelp, raven,emperor crab
bling...water skimmer, flayer, dark phoenix
kiryn...zep, shadling and water spirit

could do with extra water spirit just in case

when i say raptors i mean the ones you get from isle of giants of the dino troll guys ^^ the ones with both black claw and hunting party are best ^^

with mari make sure you do the dreadful breath using your whelping just like his pet does i did that until my whelpling died then my raven took out all three pets didnt even use my crab!

for kiryn use tidal wave to get rid of turrets

these are taken from my notes in my notebook so excuse the layout ^^ hope this helps someone it really helped me xx

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » September 25th, 2013, 1:34 am

Its amazing the number os miss using 95% attacks against Kyrin... rng my ass

Mummymermaid

Post by Mummymermaid » September 25th, 2013, 1:40 am

3 new tamers today! the last ones the eu need for achievement master of masters ^^ glad i have til monday night to work this out ^^

Mummymermaid

Post by Mummymermaid » September 25th, 2013, 4:56 am

i did it!!!!

cho...nexus whelpling, emerald drake, flayer
jon...amber moth, sprite darter, emperor crab
sully...leopard tree frog, guardian cub, grove viper.

so happy i know i can beat everyone in the tourney now! whoot xx

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Celestial Tournament 101-US Week 3 (some EU commentary t

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 25th, 2013, 6:23 am

week 3 US server updated strategies posted

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » September 25th, 2013, 12:10 pm

At the this point I don't really know what to think about the Celestial Tournament. I find it hard but after finishing it I don't feel as if it was a solid win. It just feels that I got lucky and maybe next time I face the trainers I will not be so lucky. Maybe as the weeks move on and there are more chances for me to test my teams out I will feel better about the way rng sometimes plays out.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: Celestial Tournament 101-Week 3-sept.24 [US and EU tips]

Post by Tekulve2012 » September 25th, 2013, 1:01 pm

not sure if there will be any more changes to the trainers or pets ..the 4 beasts havent changed their attack rotations

Maybe the trainers will have new pets in future weeks but my original post has 6 trainers and the 4 beasts covered ..the rest of the posts offer lots of variety of approaches

I acknowledge that my Blingtron 4000 approach has cinderkitten which cost 10$ but it's fairly widely owned

I highly recommend obtaining unborn valkyr and lil bling for Zoa and XuFu ..they decimated those beasts!

good luck all

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 25th, 2013, 1:15 pm

Mummymermaid wrote:i did it!!!!

cho...nexus whelpling, emerald drake, flayer
jon...amber moth, sprite darter, emperor crab
sully...leopard tree frog, guardian cub, grove viper.

so happy i know i can beat everyone in the tourney now! whoot xx
Congratulations!

But... His name is "ion", not "jon"

Mummymermaid

Post by Mummymermaid » September 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm

pfft i noticed his pets not his name ;p hehe thankies i have changed me notes xx

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » September 25th, 2013, 1:50 pm

Tekulve2012 wrote: Wise Mari

Blingtron 4000
Use a direhorn to start- I used the stunted direhorn -(your 1st opponent is an elemental-called Au)
I used cinderkitten next and went with leap and rend and scorched earth vs the critter
Mopped up with Fel Flame using conflag.against lil bling

Credit to Domie who made a post here for this 3rd battle:
Shademaster Kiryn
Crawling claw(agony,CoDoom and death grip)-curse and agonize the grip to curse the next pet
Lil Rags(sons of the flame lets you hide while pet 2 dies)then I used sulphuras smash
GilnRaven (used p/s breed) darkness and noct.strike to finish it
weird but noone of these teams worked for me...

managed to defeat then with these modified teams posted by Palatank Blingtron 4000 and Ryu99 Shademaster Kiryn

Blingtron 4000

Eternal Strider 1,1,2
Core Hound Pup 2,1,2
Dark Phoenix 1,1,1

Shademaster Kiryn

Lofty Libram 2,2,2
Amethist Shale hatcling 1,2,2 (Stone skin makes the turrets useless)
DarkMoon Zeppelin 1,1,2

Btw great guide....keep the good work

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » September 25th, 2013, 6:10 pm

On Wise Mari, I was able to blast through the first pet and almost kill the second with a Gilnean Raven [S/S] using Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, and Nocturnal strike (so a S/S crow would work too). I used a Cog Blade raptor after at which worked (despite needing to finish off the elemental). I never ended up needing to use my 3rd pet. I think I might re-evaluate the cog blade raptor though. Didn't get but 3 or so attempts on her before I felt it was consistent enough to move on to the next trainer.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Skarn
Top Rater
Pet Score:5024
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Skarn » September 25th, 2013, 6:21 pm

Ebil wrote:At the this point I don't really know what to think about the Celestial Tournament. I find it hard but after finishing it I don't feel as if it was a solid win. It just feels that I got lucky and maybe next time I face the trainers I will not be so lucky. Maybe as the weeks move on and there are more chances for me to test my teams out I will feel better about the way rng sometimes plays out.
I tested and re-tested different pet teams until I found one that was very reliable and not subject to much RNG. This Tournament is a BIG step-up in difficulty from any of the single trainers. Simply because you have to fight seven in a row. It's a much bigger time investment and it rewards that.

If I find a pet in my list that would work well against a particular trainer, I just level it! You can easily level 2-3 pets a day against the Pandaria trainers. Since you have all week to beat each Tournament set, you can catch and level an entire team from scratch, assuming you've got the four Celestials already figured out.

It is definitely NOT designed for any random pet group to run in and one-shot it every week. I have found it a LOT of fun. There are obviously many different strats out there, but I know mine are very reliable. Problem with mine is there might be a few hard to get pets in there... Anyway, if anyone has trouble with my strats, I'd be happy to help you refine them or find a substitute pet.

If anyone needs help, feel free to hit me up at Skarn#1884. Good luck all!

Beana
Top Rater
Pet Score:13311
BattleTag®:Beana#1484
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Beana » September 25th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Any Kiryn Blingtron and Mari Strats US realm???

Harumai
Top Rater
Pet Score:8247
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Harumai » September 25th, 2013, 7:33 pm

Tekulve2012's strat was impossible for me, the moth is weak to magic so it was taken out quickly and chrom is weak against the dreadful breath so was low when he was switched in. After Spirus dispatched him the attacks of the water spirit were weak so now sure how they managed that but, lucky!

I was able to use Papazol's strat with one slight variation - Using my Anubisath idol (simply because that it was I had available). Sandstorm worked perfectly and with the humanoid heal Carpe Diem didn't even damage the idol. I got an unintended stun off with rupture which caused Mari to switch to the elemental. I don't expect this to happen each time but I easily dispatched the elemental with the Idol. At that point I was left to finish Spirus off with two pets. I used the scourged whelping and didn't even end up using my crab at all!

Hope this helps others - Time to go try the other two x.x

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... t=6016&f=3
Papazol wrote:2 team of Wise Mari includs aquatic elem and magic pets.
Aquatic Carpe Diem goes first. 2209 hp, 300 power, 263 speed. It uses grasp, cleansing rain and Dreadful breath. To fight it, we have to protect our backline pets, so we MUST use Sandstorm here. From my opinion, like better variant, we HAVE use Qiraji guardling with Sandstorm and Reckless strike. I had to chatch another Qiraji in 4 (power) breed on PTR and lvl it to 25, but it just works like should be - 4 -5 hits and Carpe dead. Qiraji loses zero hp 8) . If we deside to kill Carpe another way, Dreadfull breath under Cleansing rain just crush our backline pets for 150+ dmg/round.

Magic Spirus goes 2d, 1600 hp, 375 power, 300 speed. It uses arcane blast, healing wave and soul ward. Easy answer - Scourged whelpling (had to catch and lvl him, and you know - they buffed Hishi!) - call darkness+tail sweep. And it works like proposed. QIraji can't kill Spirus but still a little hit it.

Elemental River goes 3d. 1600 hp, 300 power, 384 speed, uses whirlpool, pump and dive complitly like first pet of Pandaren water spirit. For that combination I used Emperor crab 4 (power) breed. Scourged whelping comes to fight at last with half hp, and with 2-3 Tail sweeps leaves River like 400-800 hp. With his slow atacks with great inner timer, he cant hit crab at all. So crab uses 1-2 Surges and saves all hp, exept 100-150 he loses from dreadfull breath.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » September 26th, 2013, 1:36 am

Blingtron:
[pet]Eternal Strider[/pet] (1,1,2)
[pet]Direhorn Runt[/pet] (1,2,2) Trihorn Shield negates almost all of Make it Rain
[pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] (1,1,2) save Sons of the Flame until his rez turn.

Wise Mari:
[pet]Crow[/pet] (2,2,2)
[pet]Scourged Whelpling[/pet] (2,2,1)
[pet]Muckbreath[/pet] (or any of them) (1,1,2)

Shademaster Kiryn:
[pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet] (1,2,1) (be very careful not to let her die... You need her later.)
[pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet] (2,2,2)
Something better than [pet]Enchanted Broom[/pet] (2,1,2)

I had a lot of RNG trouble with Blingtron, but I think the team is solid. Rags will be the last one standing every time though.

Unborn Val'kyr was my MVP for the week. I was able to use her on Kiryn and on two of the Celestials (Xu'Fu was much harder for me this week for some reason). Haunt is just that good. Against Kiryn I opened with her, cast Curst of Doom and then Haunt. The Ancient can come in and tank/smack Nairn while Haunt/Doom do their work. Alternate casting Ironbark to keep up the buff and whichever of Sunlight/Photosynthesis you need. I was trying to wait out the kitty's turrets (Ironbark = take no damage from them) before bringing in a mech on Summer, when I noticed that Summer was almost dead just from smacking him with Ironbark. I don't think the Broom even got in an attack.