BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info here)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Foxtamer
Pet Score:2857
Realm:Vek'nilash-us
Re: BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info he

Post by Foxtamer » October 29th, 2012, 1:11 pm

I do not know how difficult it is but a export to excel would be handy. Does averaging the three final stats give you a rough 'overall' value for the battle pet? I know pet value in a battle has a good deal to do with what you are battling against (the best beast is still going to get the stuffing whacked out of it by a mechanical) but is averaging those numbers useful in anyway?

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 29th, 2012, 9:05 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for this. This is very handy when deciding what pets to lvl next. I've apparently overlooked my Stunted Shardhorn. He's gonna be a beast when he's all grown up :lol: !! And you helped me confirm that I made the right decision to lvl my rare Spawn of Onyxia over the Onyxian Whelpling. At first glance they look the same but at 25 the wild caught pet has much better stats all around.

Whoever you are, you are awesome!

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » November 3rd, 2012, 10:26 am

I can make ya the export to excel feature wont be that hard :-)

Aquilus
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Aquilus » November 6th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Does anyone have any information for the following pets, in terms of Species ID and available Breed IDs? From what I can tell they are not available on Darky's webpage. I have stats for a rare silkbead snail and garden moth if that can assist anyone to calculate these values.

Baneling
Qiraji Guardling
Silkbead Snail
Crimson Moth
Wharf Rat
Rabbot
Devouring Maggot
Feverbite Hatchling
Garden Moth
Shrine Fly
Amorous Rooster
Wild Silkworm
Emperor Crab
Eternal Strider

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » November 13th, 2012, 11:12 am

Some of them you've listed are bugged in the wow api. They promised to fix t his next release of the api (whenever that will be)

By the way... i've put the pet abilities in the mix grouping the abilitysets with the pets. Very interresting data :-)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 13th, 2012, 1:09 pm

Darky28 wrote:Some of them you've listed are bugged in the wow api. They promised to fix t his next release of the api (whenever that will be)

By the way... i've put the pet abilities in the mix grouping the abilitysets with the pets. Very interresting data :-)
Thanks! :) very nice, I did see that page when there where only a list of pets with unique abilities, the addition with 2-22 different pets with same abilities are really nice, thanks alot! :) The 2-3 different pets with same abilities are most interesting of course, but all in all a really nice addition!

Nomadbr
Pet Score:3566
BattleTag®:Nomad#1403
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Nomadbr » November 14th, 2012, 3:48 am

i dont see abilities details :(

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 14th, 2012, 6:51 am

Crapzors, your <insert godly praise words here> site doesn't wanna work with IE8 at all. :/

It actually doesn't even open up the site since it seems IE has recognizing problems and it just wants to save site as unknown file. Yes, I know IE8 sucks more than my vacuum, but at work I'm stuck with it. Just letting you know this in case you could make the site IE8-compatible in some dandy alternate dimension where all browsers hold hands and play tag together. :D
- Taking your candles since 2005

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 15th, 2012, 9:52 am

Hi Warla, I can't thank you enough for your amazing site!

I'm wondering if you could add" search "function to your site? like search by pet names..since we're getting more and more pets, and everytime it's quite difficult to check breeds for a certain pet(have to check names one by one manually each time)

It'd be extremely helpful if you could add a searching function to your site.

Thank you!

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » November 15th, 2012, 12:06 pm

That is an awesome tool and website Warla, thanks so much for all the work you put into this! :D

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » November 15th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Florencia wrote:I'm wondering if you could add" search "function to your site? like search by pet names..since we're getting more and more pets, and everytime it's quite difficult to check breeds for a certain pet(have to check names one by one manually each time)
Good news!

You can search on the name of each pet here: [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/search/]http://www.warcraftpets.com/search/[/url] -- our site provides all the in-game breeds for every battle pet. Just check the "Battle Info" tab. You can easily cycle through all the possible breeds. Enjoy! :-)

Florencia

Post by Florencia » November 15th, 2012, 5:49 pm

Breanni wrote:
Florencia wrote:I'm wondering if you could add" search "function to your site? like search by pet names..since we're getting more and more pets, and everytime it's quite difficult to check breeds for a certain pet(have to check names one by one manually each time)
Good news!

You can search on the name of each pet here: [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/search/]http://www.warcraftpets.com/search/[/url] -- our site provides all the in-game breeds for every battle pet. Just check the "Battle Info" tab. You can easily cycle through all the possible breeds. Enjoy! :-)
Thank you so much Breanni!

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 16th, 2012, 6:52 am

I am wondering for new pets, which breed I should choose if there are more than one. Using
  • H Health
  • P Power
  • S Speed
  • B Balance
I have gotten the impression that
  1. HH, PP, SS aka 4,5,6 are the best breed as they give 2 full points per level and do not loose factions
  2. HP, HS, PS are better than
  3. HB, PB, PS are worse as they got one balance
  4. BB shall be the worst ?!
And why? Because for each level the pets gets assigned an integer as Health, Attack, Speed and fractions get rounded down?

So should an addon warning for rarity types also take into consideration which breed the pet has in order to determine if it's an upgrade? The next generation would be an addon knowing which pet type got which breed available so it could determine the BiB / best in breed.

Restless shadeling comes in Breed 6 (HH) and 9 (HS). So a rare HH should be better than a rare HS - so an addon should signal a possible upgrade.

Giraffe Calf comes in 3 (BB) and 12 (HB) / where the later (if the list above is correct) is better than the balanced type.

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/battle_pet_breedid/pages/what-is-the-breed-id/

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » November 16th, 2012, 2:08 pm

Essmene wrote:I am wondering for new pets, which breed I should choose if there are more than one. Using
  • H Health
  • P Power
  • S Speed
  • B Balance
I have gotten the impression that
  1. HH(#6), PP(#4), SS(#5) are the best breed as they give 2 full points per level
  2. HP(#7), HS(#9), PS(#8) are second best
  3. HB(#12), PB(#10), SB(#11) are third
  4. BB(#3) are worst ?!
I wrote about this exact topic here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7171#p7171
here's the summary:
Power breed IDs: #4 are the best, while #7, #8 and #10 share second place.
Speed breed IDs: #5 are the best, while #8, #9 and #11 share second place.
Health breed IDs: #6 are the best, while #7,#9 and #12 share second place.
Or to sum it up in pseudo code:
Best power breed ID: #4 > #7=#8=#10 > #3 > #11=#12
Best speed breed ID: #5 > #8=#9=#11 > #3 > #10=#12
Best hp breed ID: #6 > #7=#9=#12 > #3 > #10=#11

#10, #11 and #12 are worse than #3 if you are looking for a specific stat.

Essmene
Pet Score:6218
Realm:Burning Steppes-eu

Post by Essmene » November 17th, 2012, 2:14 pm

Yah. I was hoping for a simple answer.

E.g. for Healing / Aquatic pets choose P/P as they scale better with power. For Live leaching pets choose H/H so they will live longer and thus ... ///

S/S is best chosen for YY because their abilities are mainly based on getting first and even with a 25% speed debuff they ...

At the moment I cannot tell how speed and power affect abilities. Are heals based on power/level or base HP or ??

Does speed contribute to anything else than just going first?

---------------------------------------
Would it be possible to export your database into some addon usable code? So some addon author could pickup the information and tell me in-game which breeds/rarities are available?

Hellomynameis

Post by Hellomynameis » November 17th, 2012, 6:34 pm

Essmene wrote:Yah. I was hoping for a simple answer.
(...)
No. But there are defensive abilities that should only last 1 round, that benefit 2 rounds if you go first, so instead of dodging one round, you dodge the current round + the next. I think this might be a bug, and will get fixed down the line though.

Jone
Pet Score:3363
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Jone » November 18th, 2012, 1:29 am

I've used the site to group some of the pets with shared abilities so I could compare the fastest, strongest, and healthiest. Spreadsheet should be public and editable here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apr2gKcomH9cdDljWnFZREFGSlQ1Nkg2OUZZY0xvOEE#gid=0

The last column is an attempt to see which pets have balanced, high stats, but I don't think it's really effective yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a function that determines a generally good pet?

Greenstar
MVP
Pet Score:13784
BattleTag®:Mattob#1633
Realm:Deathwing-us

Post by Greenstar » November 19th, 2012, 2:17 pm

This site is great and has helped me understand the whole breed thing much better.

As I've been reviewing my pets to see which are worth leveling and which I should look for a different breed I've found that I'm constant flipping between two tabs in my browser; one with my Pet List and one with the Breeds per Pet. While I could copy and paste the data into Excel and do some merges, I just thought I'd offer a suggestion of integrating the breed list frame into the Pet List page so that you could view the little side frame showing all of the available breeds for the selected pet.

Essentially, this is just me being lazy and wanting to see quickly which of my pets has better breeds available. :lol:

Great work on the site and pulling together so much information!

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » November 19th, 2012, 3:05 pm

At the moment I cannot tell how speed and power affect abilities. Are heals based on power/level or base HP or ??

Speed only contributes to going first, as far as I know. I think that speed *might* contribute to dodge chance, but I don't have any data to back that up.

Power contributes to damage/heals/shields, as follows:

Damage = BaseDamage + ( Power * BaseDamage / 20 )

BaseDamage is the number that appears in the ability's tooltip for a 'level 0' pet, ie a greyed-out pet in your pet journal. This is also the number that appears in the ability's tooltip on Wowhead. For example, a basic attack such as Punch/Breath/Claw has a BaseDamage of 20. Thus Punch's damage is 20 + (Power * 1). For an ability such as Lift-Off, it would be 35 + (Power * 1.75). This is average damage: there's a small +/- added on.

Heals and shields work the same. For this reason I think power is the best stat for a healing/life leeching pet.

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » November 20th, 2012, 11:07 am

Jone wrote:I've used the site to group some of the pets with shared abilities so I could compare the fastest, strongest, and healthiest. Spreadsheet should be public and editable here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... vOEE#gid=0

The last column is an attempt to see which pets have balanced, high stats, but I don't think it's really effective yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a function that determines a generally good pet?
Hi Jone

Checkout the pet ranking.. its pretty much what you did on your spreadsheet, just for all the possible ability sets