BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info here)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us
Re: BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info he

Post by Darky28 » October 17th, 2012, 5:03 am

I can confirm that the breed id's seem to be really the gender.

< 13 = male
> 12 = female

I'll update my page to reflect genders on the pets. Also will show the beast type when i post the update in the evening.

I'm also implementing an api similar to blizzard for breeding

Its not up yet.. in about 8 hours from now i'll update the page with the api ;-)

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 17th, 2012, 6:25 am

Api is now up and running ;-)

Samboda
Pet Score:6980
Realm:Aggra (Português)-eu

Post by Samboda » October 17th, 2012, 7:07 am

Nice work.

Testing your site in firefox 15.0 gives me strange Health values after i change the Species Id and play with the combo box of Breed Ids.

E.j.
Health = 100 + ((9 + 0.0) * 5 * 25 * 1.3) = 7006.25
Power = (7 + 2.0) * 25 * 1.3 = 308.75
Speed = (8 + 0.0) * 25 * 1.3 = 260.00

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 17th, 2012, 7:09 am

Try again, maybe make a F5 to reload everything. I've updated the javascript

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 17th, 2012, 3:32 pm

Not to be greedy, but is it possible to indicate the available rarity as well, in the 'Breeds per pet' list? This would be very helpful in the case of BoE pets that can come in different rarities -- e.g. Red Cricket, Sapphire Cub, possibly Jade Owl: there are probably others as well. There are also a few battle pets that always seem to come in uncommon (Jungle Grub, Clouded Hedgehog, possibly others)--your data collection could probably verify whether there's any other rarity out there.

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » October 18th, 2012, 7:06 am

Poofah wrote:Not to be greedy, but is it possible to indicate the available rarity as well...
Hi Poofah,

Note that all pet profiles shown on WarcraftPets now include the available rarities. These are shown under the "Battle Info" tab in our new Avg. Stats / Level feature. If a pet has only one rarity, only one will be shown (and highlighted) in the dropdown menu. For example, Sprite Darter Hatchling only comes in rare, while Black Rat comes in poor, common, uncommon and rare.

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 18th, 2012, 9:16 am

@Breanni

The Avg. Stats / Level feature is not very useful in my opinion, since with different breeds the stats change significant.
Making an average value of all possible breeds gives very false impressions.

You can have a very strong pet which is usually weak due to the breed Ids.. so people would not get this pet, when in fact it could have 1 specific breed that would make it an interresting pet.

If you are interrested i can show you how to implement the correct data for the stats per pet.
I've even made an Api from where you can leech the data.

I've implemented a "Duplicate Pets" feature on my webpage which marks all pets as duplicates which will look exactly the same at level 25 (so pets with the same speciesId and breedId (male or female)

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 18th, 2012, 9:40 am

Darky28 wrote:The Avg. Stats / Level feature is not very useful in my opinion, since with different breeds the stats change significant. Making an average value of all possible breeds gives very false impressions.
We're very pleased with the UI of this feature, but we agree -- averages are not ideal. We're in the process of reworking the UI to include the Breed IDs, thereby eliminating the "false impressions" and revealing only the facts for every possible combination. We're also hoping to have the stats and rarity of each pet precisely match those in the viewer's pet collection when the pet profile loads. This should make the feature even more useful.

These changes will ideally roll out within the next week or two.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » October 18th, 2012, 10:44 am

thanks for the info Breanni, however, the rarities listed in the profiles are not always correct. In particular for the ones I mentioned (Red Cricket, the new JC pets): these can come in at least poor and uncommon, and possibly other rarities that I haven't seen yet, whereas the dropdown says Red Cricket only comes as a rare (mine is uncommon). Similarly, Jungle Grub has been reported to always be uncommon, but the dropdown says it can be poor/common/uncommon/rare. I was wondering if there's other pets like this that I'm not aware of.

Breanni
Site Admin

Post by Breanni » October 18th, 2012, 11:14 am

Poofah wrote:thanks for the info Breanni, however, the rarities listed in the profiles are not always correct.
Thanks for pointing this out. We'll look into it and hopefully have it corrected soon.

Poofah

Post by Poofah » October 18th, 2012, 3:12 pm

I spent a bit of time looking through peoples' collections to get data on a few of the pets in question:

Red Cricket: definitely comes in all 4 rarities.

Sapphire Cub: also comes in all 4 rarities.

Jade Owl: almost certainly only comes in uncommon (I found >10 examples of uncommon and no examples of anything else, so the likelihood that there's any other rarity is less than 1 in 1 million). It seems rather odd that one JC pet would follow the same standard as the other crafted pets, but the other would have random rarity. Nonetheless that's how it seems to be.

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling: also only comes in uncommon (also with < 0.0001% chance of being wrong).

Jungle Grub: only uncommon, >10 examples.

Clouded and Silent Hedgehog were trending toward being only uncommon, but I didn't get enough examples to be very certain.

I did this by hand and only checked the examples above, so there may well be others that I'm missing.

I am honestly very annoyed that Red Cricket would have variable rarity, as it's only available once per character. Mine is uncommon and I want a rare; I sure hope Sho likes my next toon better!

Serannian

Post by Serannian » October 19th, 2012, 3:35 am

Poofah wrote: My Brilliant Kaliri is the one with 273 speed, and my Jade Tentacle also has 273 speed. Can anyone confirm that they have a different version of either of these?
My level 25 Brilliant Kaliri has 1319 health, 292 Ap and 309 speed. Which would be the breed 5 and you have breed 8.

The collector in me just died a bit... There's things I can't get! Argh!

To OP:
this is fantastic tool, thanks a million. I'll be going over all my pets now and check out which ones I want to switch, it'll keep me busy until christmas (possibly not the next one either.)

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 19th, 2012, 4:04 am

my Brilliant Kaliri is a female (breed 18)

Nomadbr
Pet Score:3566
BattleTag®:Nomad#1403
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Nomadbr » October 19th, 2012, 8:25 am

Well ... with the inclusion of stones "evolution" of rarity, which is what will happen "internally"? just change the rarity? or one can change occorrer breed? what will be the effect of this stone, it would be interesting if we can find out. It really helps in deciding hunt pets that already have.

http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/consumables?filter-search=Battle-stone

Cigaras
Pet Score:1450
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Cigaras » October 22nd, 2012, 3:43 am

I'm confused by pet genders, how do you identify them in game? For example mechanical squirel has two breed id's, both with identical stats, how to know is my pet male of female?

P.S. this should be sticky

Nomadbr
Pet Score:3566
BattleTag®:Nomad#1403
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Nomadbr » October 22nd, 2012, 7:15 am

breed < 13 = male
breed > 12 = female

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 22nd, 2012, 8:59 am

The Breeds per Species page now also shows all recorded Rarities (some seem bugged at blizzards side... checkout Hedgehogs or Jungle Grubs... they seem to exist ONLY as uncommon)

And your personal Pet List shows duplicates (Duplicates are breedId / specieId) so it ignores rarity or gender, since with Stones next patch you can just pump em all to rare.

Cigaras
Pet Score:1450
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Cigaras » October 23rd, 2012, 2:33 am

Uh, a simplier question: how can I see breed id in game?

For example: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Cigaras/pet is my Cheetach Cub male or female?

I know there's a [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=728]macro[/url] but it only shows the base points, but not the id or gender.

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 23rd, 2012, 2:46 am

I dont think it is possible at this time to do macros or addons ingame for the breeds

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » October 26th, 2012, 10:14 am

I've added some neat statistics on top of your petlist :-)

You now see how many of each type you have, how many of each rarity etc. Enjoy