BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info here)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jone
Pet Score:3363
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: BreedIds Whats the best breed for the best Pet? (Info he

Post by Jone » November 20th, 2012, 11:20 am

Darky28 wrote:
Jone wrote:I've used the site to group some of the pets with shared abilities so I could compare the fastest, strongest, and healthiest. Spreadsheet should be public and editable here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... vOEE#gid=0

The last column is an attempt to see which pets have balanced, high stats, but I don't think it's really effective yet. Does anyone have any suggestions for a function that determines a generally good pet?
Hi Jone

Checkout the pet ranking.. its pretty much what you did on your spreadsheet, just for all the possible ability sets

That is really super. Thanks, you've saved me redoing this for snails and owls next!

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » November 20th, 2012, 11:49 am

Heh ya ... i dont even want to think about the hassle to do this manually in an excel sheet.
Much more confortable to just pull the data from the database with clever queries :-)

So.. need new ideas for my site soon... running out of ideas.

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » November 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

Darky28 wrote:Heh ya ... i dont even want to think about the hassle to do this manually in an excel sheet.
Much more confortable to just pull the data from the database with clever queries :-)

So.. need new ideas for my site soon... running out of ideas.
About "Best pet per ability-set", there are a few pets that is not currently the best per ability sets, because they don't exist as rares yet. Egbert, De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion, Mana Wyrmling and Withers are a few examples that aren't really the best pet...yet :)

Its an error that will be gone once 5.1 patch comes though, so its not high priority, but still a thing you can do if you lack projects :)

Oh, and since you asked :) "Top 20 health pets" / "Top 20 power pets" / "Top 20 speedy pets". How about top 100, or more, perhaps include all pets on a 3 different top lists "Top health pets" / "Top power pets" / "Top speedy pets".

Oh, and another thing. What about a filter option in those top lists, to only include one pet family at a time if you like, or perhaps a checkbox where you check the pet families you want to be included in those lists.

Can't think of anything else at the moment, keep up the good work! :D Best of luck with those queries. Love your site!

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » November 21st, 2012, 5:46 am

@Hellomynameis

Yes.. i assume all are rare, since you have upgrade stones next week :-)

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » November 21st, 2012, 4:06 pm

Darky28, would it be hard to implement some kind of an export feature to the Pet List tab which allows to transfer user's pets to Excel/OpenOffice worksheet? Or at least create a temp page which has properly formatted data for spreadsheets?

Currently if I copypaste the whole deal, all data gets pasted into a single cell which really doesn't help a lot. I could create a macro for myself in Excel to parse that thing but it wouldn't be very easy and I think it would serve a greater purpose if a possibility for export feature exists. :)
- Taking your candles since 2005

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » December 3rd, 2012, 12:30 am

Noticed the Excel export feature this morning, nice! Pet qualities and schools aren't listed in tho but other than that it has everything needed, thank you! :) *thumbs up*
- Taking your candles since 2005

Foxtamer
Pet Score:2857
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Foxtamer » December 3rd, 2012, 2:35 pm

Darky28 wrote:I can make ya the export to excel feature wont be that hard :-)
Looks awesome! Thank you! Anyway to retain the pet type? I would like to look at say - just my aquatics.

Jamae

Post by Jamae » December 6th, 2012, 12:17 am

Would someone mind copying the link here. For some reason (prob. just keep overlooking it!) I can't seem to find the link to the web app.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!

Sindrelauris

Post by Sindrelauris » December 6th, 2012, 4:16 am

apologize if i'm having an issue with firefox or if i'm just missing something obvious, but this looks like an amazing tool, i just can't get it to work. what is the direct URL to the site so i can start playing with it.

even from what i've seen, amazing job. good stuff.

take care all..

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » December 6th, 2012, 6:51 am

I got an email from Breanni, that now my website is a competing website to warcraftpets.com and therefore he removed the link to my website.
I respect his decision, so if you want to know the URL of my website, you can either use google ("breedId" and "Warcraft" as keywords should do) or send me a private message through this forum.

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » December 10th, 2012, 9:14 am

Breanni allowed me to use the link again.
Thank you very much :)

I put it back on the first post

Darky28
Top Rater

Post by Darky28 » December 11th, 2012, 6:56 am

Pacer wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes breed 5 flayer youngling so good? Right now im using a breed 10 I think it is and with 36 more power from a breed 4 it would destroy pretty much anything.
Dont know.. i'd take one with more power too,.. mines a 7 and i like hp/power

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 11th, 2012, 9:14 am

Pacer wrote:Can someone explain to me what makes breed 5 flayer youngling so good? Right now im using a breed 10 I think it is and with 36 more power from a breed 4 it would destroy pretty much anything.
The interrupt(Kick) is useless if not the fastest(or atleast you cant avoid 1 round of damage while using it), and it effectivly makes Blitz a 2-3 hit ability instead of 1-2, making it better than the other 1-3 ability in slot 1.

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 11th, 2012, 10:30 am

I absolutely LOVE this website. I've been using it for the last few weeks and now I almost constantly have a window open to reference. Excellent job!! :-)

Noonsire
Pet Score:10108
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Noonsire » December 12th, 2012, 3:01 pm

Humbelle wrote:I absolutely LOVE this website. I've been using it for the last few weeks and now I almost constantly have a window open to reference. Excellent job!! :-)
Same here. Thanks for this website, super helpful. One feature I'd like to see added to the pet list tab is rarity and class filter. Now that battle-stones are appearing I'd like to be able to compare the poor-uncommon pets of a specific class to see who is worthy of rare status. For example: Show only Magic pets that are uncommon or common or poor.

Humbelle
Pet Score:4574
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Humbelle » December 13th, 2012, 2:19 pm

I didn't find this website to really be competition for warcraftpets. I like both for different reasons.

Warcraft Pets gives really good information on every pet and how/where/when to find them. It also shows pics of each pet and the similar models used. I love that it has a comment section for each pet so I can get more information from other collectors who have already found thie pet or not found them.

But Darky28's website gives good information about MY pets, rarity, level, stats, etc.

The only part of Darky28's website that would really compete with Warcraft Pets is the part where you can print a list of pets that includes your pets. But even that section gives cmpletely different information.

I use both sites equally for different reasons.

Wezmerelda
MVP
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Durotan-us

Post by Wezmerelda » December 13th, 2012, 10:11 pm

As a newbie to the whole breed ID thing (P/B, B/B, P/S, etc.), I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a list of popularly-competitive pets and their "desired" breed ID. Frankly, I'm not sure if my Infinite Whelpling should ideally be a P/P, or a P/B, etc. Making it too easy-sauce? Perhaps. But after reviewing I still am unsure what pets really need to be pure power, pure speed, mixes of some of both, etc. I hear lots of talk of "best breed for the pet", and identification of 4, 5, 6 for speed, power, health (or something like that), but how do I identify what a pet SHOULD be? Does this make sense? If not, please someone, feel free to school me because I don't want to waste any more battle-stones :-)

Thanks so much!

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » December 15th, 2012, 9:42 am

Darky28 your site is awesome. The only problem I have with it is it doesn't list Russian realms, therefore, I can't export my character to view my list of pets regarding their breeds. Could you please do something about that if that's not too much trouble?