major payne

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Re: major payne

Post by Poofah » October 10th, 2012, 6:21 pm

This was the first big stumbling block for me too. After getting demolished a few times using my preferred tank/heal type pets, I went out and leveled up a Darkmoon Zeppelin for the bear, and a Phoenix Hatchling for the Mechapeep. I suspect that almost any elemental would have made the Mechapeep very easy.

If you don't want to level an elemental, I'd suggest something with an evasion-type ability (lift-off, burrow, soul ward, there are many possibilities out there). The Mechapeep telegraphs his biggest move--I think it's called Windup--so you can get out of the way. You will probably appreciate having this for Courageous Yon in Kun-Lai Summit as well.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 10th, 2012, 9:16 pm

He was my nemesis in beta. I beat him in live with Crawling Claw, Mini Thor and Hyacinth Macaw.

Linaomine
Pet Score:8585
BattleTag®:jrevenge#1115
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Linaomine » October 10th, 2012, 11:21 pm

His name is highly appropriate. I will probably level up another couple pets up this weekend to work on him again.

Cropher
MVP
Pet Score:7153
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Cropher » October 11th, 2012, 7:20 am

In my experience (I have the "Tamer" title) he's the worst one, possibly because he's the first time you face elite level 25's. I do it with a Darkmoon Zeppelin (Decoy), (rare) Arctic Hare (Dodge and Burrow), and (rare) Snow Cub (lots of damage). Seems mostly to depend on what pets we both start with; if it's my zeppelin vs. his bear, or my hare vs. his mechanopeep, it usually goes pretty fast (in my favor).

Jrallen01
Pet Score:7930
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Jrallen01 » October 11th, 2012, 9:34 am

I gave up with my original team and switched to a
Summit kid with chew , comeback, and headbutt for stun. order headbutt, chew, comeback chew headbutt....
Crimson Geode kicks major butt with Feedback, Amplify Magic, and elementium bolt. Launce the bolt, amplify, feedback and kiss the bear good bye.
Twilight Spider with Strike, Brittle webbing, and Spiderling Swarm, brittleweb, swarm, .. etc.

All pets are rare, I beat him first encounter with this team after losing probably 20 with my old team.

With this same team, just beat all 3 cat trainers and heading to uldum where I beat Pyth in first battle..

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » October 20th, 2012, 4:05 pm

I've beaten this pain in the butt trainer with my Robo-Chick and it beat the bear rather well, then I had my Magical Crawdad beat up the remaining two pets, my third was Marsh Fiddler, but it didn't enter the battle. Unfortunately, when I used the same team for the daily, I was torn to shreds twice :x Anyway, right now my biggest pain in the butt is beating the epic team of Cataclysm Grand Trainer. If anyone has beaten him would you please let me know the set up of your team.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 20th, 2012, 4:19 pm

I had trouble with this Tamer too. I'm glad that there's a Stable Master nearby or else I may have never had the patience to beat this one. :P

I've found what works best for me is a rare Fel Flame (burn, immolate, conflag) or the Darkmoon Zeppelin (missile or thunderbolt, decoy, bombing run) against Payne's Mechanical pet.

The Fel Flame is especially effective since Mech pets are weak against Elemental attacks, but the Zeppelin's just as good because the decoy ability protects it for 5 rounds and the Zepp comes back to life once if it dies.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » October 20th, 2012, 4:35 pm

I've actually had a bug when my mech pet didn't res after it died for the first time.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » October 20th, 2012, 5:59 pm

I found my rare fel flame and robo-chick worked really well against his mechanopeep and the bear, the other went down with no issues, i think i used an azure whelp.

Good luck!

Dizzyfly
Pet Score:2443
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Dizzyfly » October 22nd, 2012, 9:31 am

I used bananas for his bear kills him in 2 rounds water wavling for the chicken and had a turtle for his lasher all my pets we still standing