Need help making my first team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rwolfe88
BattleTag®:rwolfe88#1319
Realm:Uldaman-us
Need help making my first team

Post by Rwolfe88 » August 17th, 2013, 1:23 pm

I am just getting into pet battles. What would be the best team i can make right now with what i have? I have my first 25 an i am working on the northrend trainers for the quest

I cannot post a link yet to show what i have my my toon is Krylo on uldaman horde US

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Need help making my first team

Post by Shakesbeard » August 19th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Rwolfe88 wrote:I am just getting into pet battles. What would be the best team i can make right now with what i have? I have my first 25 an i am working on the northrend trainers for the quest

I cannot post a link yet to show what i have my my toon is Krylo on uldaman horde US
i see you have a 25 eternal strider 305 speed, that's a nice one.

maybe go farm a few pandaria rares that are already high level to give you a jump on the pandaria tamers... i'd suggest rapana whelk, any moth, maybe a kun-lai runt, a beast like snake or spider for the tamers that have critters... that would be a start.

a few that i find very useful for 2-manning the pandaria tamers are darkmoon tonk, celestial dragon, and pterrordax.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 19th, 2013, 6:51 pm

If your goal is to just beat wild pets, or capture wild pets. I would suggest some beasts with Devour. It is usually in the third slot and it heals the pet when they kill their target. It really cuts down on the amount of bandages (or time) you need. Most of the raptors have it. A fast raptor with devour can solo most wild pet teams and stay at high health.

Also the darkmoon tonk is IMHO the single best pet to have at 25. It is so useful for many of the NPC tames, but also is a great anti-beast pet, and you will encounter many of them in the wild.

Finally, the terrible turnip. it has an ability that cannot kill a pet. If you are just getting started, it means you will need to capture a lot of wild pets still. Let me tell you, there is absolutely nothing more annoying in this entire system them finding a rare of a hard to find pet, and then accidently crit-killing it.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » August 20th, 2013, 6:11 am

Shakesbeard wrote:...any moth...
Make that three moths. There are plenty of variants in Pandaria that are already high level, so getting three rare ones to 25 is quite easy. All the aquatic legendary pets can be beaten by simply throwing moths at them.