Three Celestial Tournament questions.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Miatog
Pet Score:8064
BattleTag®:Miatog#1846
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Three Celestial Tournament questions.

Post by Miatog » August 13th, 2013, 7:55 pm

I assume I know the answer to these, but while I'm trying to think what pets I want to use and raise up next, I thought I'd check.

First one, I know it's a weekly, but is it an account wide weekly?

I know it's a scenario, I assume this means once I leave that's it for my weekly run? No doing a fight one day and finishing the next?

Last question. I go into a fight, and lose, I'm not allowed to heal, do they? Can I just beat them down with pure numbers or do they heal back to full after each match?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Three Celestial Tournament questions.

Post by Quintessence » August 13th, 2013, 8:05 pm

I haven't tried the tournament for about a week or so now, so someone please correct me if my info is outdated. :)

- Yes, I believe it's an account wide weekly quest.

- You can leave the scenario at any time, but it will reset your progress. You'll need to defeat all the tamers in one sitting. Logging out or disconnecting will remove you from the scenario.

- The tamer pets heal back to full after each match.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Miatog
Pet Score:8064
BattleTag®:Miatog#1846
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Miatog » August 13th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Oh a reset? I thought I'd be screwed if I left. Thanks a ton, pretty much how I thought it was.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » August 14th, 2013, 7:52 am

Hey,

since the patch is 2 weeks away.
Does anyone know what 3 teams would be good against the trainers in the tournament?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 15th, 2013, 1:33 am

Moksu wrote:Hey,

since the patch is 2 weeks away.
Does anyone know what 3 teams would be good against the trainers in the tournament?
You'll need more pets than that. There are 3 tamers (selected out of a total of 9 possibilities), and then 4 elite pets. Probably need 7 teams every week.

I think most people haven't been able to effectively try it since you get a random assortment of pets on the PTR (though they keep flooding into your journal), though the official feedback thread has some very good suggestions on teams and such.

Icedsugar
Top Rater
Pet Score:3881
BattleTag®:Icedsugar#6634
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Icedsugar » August 18th, 2013, 10:08 pm

I'd like to confirm that yes you are going to face 7 teams each week that you have to beat in one session.
No healing allowed, so you will need 21 pets (3 per team) and possibly more for some back-up teams, if for some reason you fail to beat one close to the end and do not want to start them ALL again by resetting!

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » August 19th, 2013, 6:40 am

Gilneas wrote:You'll need more pets than that. There are 3 tamers (selected out of a total of 9 possibilities), and then 4 elite pets. Probably need 7 teams every week.
Plus a bunch of scouting fodder if you want to find out the order and abilities of each tamer and elite without looking it up online. They won't have to actually be useful/leveled pets, though, so this shouldn't be an issue.
Icedsugar wrote:No healing allowed, so you will need 21 pets (3 per team) and possibly more for some back-up teams, if for some reason you fail to beat one close to the end and do not want to start them ALL again by resetting!
Plus more backup so you're sure to have an appropriate setup for each encounter (three beasts to beat an elite critter, or whatever). Just having three random level 25 pets available is unlikely to win you any fights. Plus some extra reserves in case you get unlucky, because it would really suck to have a string of bad luck on the final fight and have to start over because you've got no useful pets left.

If you want to be on the safe side, I'd say you need about 40 rare level 25 pets of varied types (not just three of each kind of civet and strider from the Vale for the leveling achievement).

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 19th, 2013, 7:20 am

Sanzul wrote:
Gilneas wrote: I'd say you need about 40 rare level 25 pets of varied types (not just three of each kind
You will be lol'd, but from what I see on PTR, you need actualy three pets same kind. Moreover, I badly want 4th place in list for some pets.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » August 19th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Papazol wrote:
Sanzul wrote:
Gilneas wrote: I'd say you need about 40 rare level 25 pets of varied types (not just three of each kind
You will be lol'd, but from what I see on PTR, you need actualy three pets same kind. Moreover, I badly want 4th place in list for some pets.
You don't need more than one of any single pet. You can certainly choose to use 2 or 3 if you desire, but it is definitely not necessary. Not even close.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 19th, 2013, 1:54 pm

I think Sanzul's point was that you can't plan to use the darkmoon tonk for five different tamers in the tournament like many of us do for the Pandara tamers as you won't be able to heal him up so you'd want several leveled up mechanical units like the darkmoon tonk, zep, Menagerie Custodian etc.

On a related note does anyone know of another PetBattle Teams add-on that allows for more teams? The one linked on the site only supports 15 and I'm already maxed out with teams for the Pandara tamers, beasts of fable etc.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-battle-teams

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » August 19th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Gilneas wrote:You don't need more than one of any single pet. You can certainly choose to use 2 or 3 if you desire, but it is definitely not necessary. Not even close.
Oh, realy? May I believe, what you already won Celestial Tournamen on PRT, and just dont want to show us your strategy?

Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us

Post by Rosalyne » August 19th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Kpb321 wrote:On a related note does anyone know of another PetBattle Teams add-on that allows for more teams? The one linked on the site only supports 15 and I'm already maxed out with teams for the Pandara tamers, beasts of fable etc.

I use PetBattle Teams and currently have 21 teams that work just fine. I was just able to add one more, but haven't tried adding multiple more. There's a comment on Curse from someone with 30 teams though, so not sure where you got the info that only 15 are supported. Addon description even says "Create an unlimited teams of pets and quickly switch between them in the pet journal."

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » August 19th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Rosalyne wrote:
Kpb321 wrote:On a related note does anyone know of another PetBattle Teams add-on that allows for more teams? The one linked on the site only supports 15 and I'm already maxed out with teams for the Pandara tamers, beasts of fable etc.

I use PetBattle Teams and currently have 21 teams that work just fine. I was just able to add one more, but haven't tried adding multiple more. There's a comment on Curse from someone with 30 teams though, so not sure where you got the info that only 15 are supported. Addon description even says "Create an unlimited teams of pets and quickly switch between them in the pet journal."
Yeah I just checked and it worked fine for me. I could have sworn I tried to add more teams at some point and it didn't work. Maybe I was in combat or something like that. I would still like categories tho.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » August 20th, 2013, 5:59 am

Papazol wrote:
Gilneas wrote:You don't need more than one of any single pet. You can certainly choose to use 2 or 3 if you desire, but it is definitely not necessary. Not even close.
Oh, realy? May I believe, what you already won Celestial Tournamen on PRT, and just dont want to show us your strategy?
It's unlikely that any fight will require a certain pet, much less several fights that require the same one. You'll need a whole bunch of level 25 mechanicals, but they don't all have to be mechanical squirrels (or whatever).

Balazaar
Pet Score:4252
BattleTag®:Balazaar#1749
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Balazaar » August 20th, 2013, 9:32 pm

I read the strategy in another post for what pets may work well and I'm currently leveling the last few pets listed. I have over 200 level 25s so I can afford to throw some cannon fodder out to see what works then send in a tailor-made team.