My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets

Tocy's Guide on Pet Battles: Discussion, what say you?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Holyalliance

Pet Score: 1542

Tocy's Guide on Pet Battles: Discussion, what say you?

Postby Holyalliance » July 30th, 2013, 7:04 am

Good Day!

As what the title says...=) its my opinion and feel free to comment... :)

How to get wins most of the time like a legit 75% to 90% chance of winning each time u click random PVP search!

Thats how I got my 250 pvp pet battles within a week or so casual playing...whatever it is....its fast wins and high % of winning each time.

I came up with categories of Pet Combis...

Part 1:

For ANY pet...lets say Pet Aa", it can team up with any other 2 pets with 3-4 different categories of team pets in ur battle slot. Thus, in total, there would be 2 different pets in each team for the lets say...3 different pet battle slots. In Total, there would be 6 different pets with that 1 pet which is Aa".

Try not to keep switching pets here and there after each lost in the hope that you may have a good chacne of winning ...etc. etc.
Instead, FIRST....find ur most "favourite" pet and always have him in each battle u face...only than after each lose, u may change the other two or 1 pet that is with it in the 3s battle-slot team.

Heres an example: Lets choose Unborn Val'kyr for an example since its the "most known" pet now in wow...

When i caught 3 of my Unborns, yes 3 ..=)...lol...I decided which pets to go with...so...in every battle, i first have all 3 of them together...and see whats the outcome that it face amongst a random team of PVP battles...There is of course a weakness against certain pet combis...so i took note of those weakness....

Than when ready, 2 Unborns Val'kyrs would be together....with another pet of ur choice to CoUnTer those weak points that valkyr has...

So on for 1 Unborn Val'kyr...

This is how you do it...all 3 the same first if it can have repeated pets...Pets like Mini Tyrael, you can only have 1...so you have to keep mixing and matching with different other pets...

Heres Part 2:

What makes your team WIN:
Interrupts- High Speed,
turn-overs- % Chance on hit
"Unpredictable"-
i.e. a pet that have different types or attack-types of abilities, i.e. two different types of attackin one slot which makes the opponent have a "Mind-game" thinking which ability the pet uses...
therefore, the more variety you have, the harder the opponent will know what you would do....

another example, ALTHOUGH your enemy knows what your doing, he still wont stand a chance to anticipate ur moves...why? because you have dodgy abilities that can defend your pet...you have high procs which ur abilities can do...

What makes your team LOSE:
"Predictable" moves

i.e.
i.e. like Charge ability, stores energy for the first round than unleashes attack on 2nd....this is predictable and so the enemy can anticipate...
ie. abilities that are easily predicted that what you would use...example, a pet which has both undead attacks, the enemy will know that....Oh! you gt both undead attacks for that ability slot...hm....must switch my current pet......

Thats it for now...

wanna hear from you guys =) which pet is good with which...would like to hear just two pets...because the third pet would make it too "unbalance" in this forum thread discussion....tooo much to explain about...just a simple reason between two pets....example:

Unborn'Valkyr goes well with Red Criket....
-Sacrifice causes opponents to recieve 25% more damage....and cricket's damage is !@#$ing high...having heals and cocconblock, making it hard to die as well...

Unborn Val'kyr with Crow...
-Both pets are a SOLO pet....lt unborn val'kyr kill the first pet..which is a 50% chance of doing so from experience...than surviving to the very last health point she has to face the 2nd pet opponent to cast another curse of doom and than uses sacrifice... THis happens like 25-80% of the time...varies alot....so its like a 50-50 chance...

Anubisath Idol with Magical Crawdad...
From experience....50% of the games i face, after my opponent first pet is dead, all of my 3 pets are still near FULL HEALTH....sandstorm protects crawdad from damage...giving it chances of healing snub idol up...anub idol's 70% crush hits occasionally and it has quick CDs for another sandstorm and impale....making it a good healing-cleave Combi...having a third pet makes it IMBAL COMBI!!!....i have a mini tyrael and yea....i would say that this combo, Crawdad/Idol/Tyrael is one Good combi to hae a high win rate...wouldnt explain why so as its in my best-of-3 main teams to help me achieve my many wins =)

Direhorn with Valkyr...
Of course...DIREHORNS!....lol....yea they are good...but pls...don think about 3 direhorns...they suck...no they dont...but...once u keep doing that, its easy to counter...u know it of course =.=

two dire horns...the H/H and the P/P with one H/H valkyr with shadow slash/curseofdoom/sacrifice...
than when valkyr dies, al glory to the dire horns.... =.=

Fiendish Imp with scourged whelping...

u knw...fiendish imp... =)...after nether-swap, it depends...u may cast attack first to have ur fiendish imp tank till 50-70% health..than cast immolation...than siwtch to whelping to cast that ability that gives health for attacking opponent...than its all about "Mind-Games" ...on whelping...Because whelping have a H/H stats...get the H/H stats...as it needs the extra health to keep fiendish imp healing...and to do extra damage in turn..

Ok..Peace guys..would like to hear from your view!....

just state which two pets are good together...and reasons...like what i list and elaborate a little on them.....

Regards, :)

Yamum

Pet Score: 3561

Re: Tocy's Guide on Pet Battles: Discussion, what say you?

Postby Yamum » August 1st, 2013, 6:12 am

Thanks for the guide. The English is a bit difficult...

Chimonks

Pet Score: 2869

Postby Chimonks » August 1st, 2013, 6:23 am

Yes, the post could be cleaned up a little bit. But other than that, nice job. Some good ideas!

Holyalliance

Postby Holyalliance » August 2nd, 2013, 1:28 am

o..k.....lol...

well...i found another good combi which can go by...

i was shocked when i met this opponent...he has fel flame/fiendish imp/zandalari raptor...almost got raped by his pet combi...lol but manage to win because i have more interrupts and turn-overs than him...however, i remembered one time where 1 of my pet went from 100% health to i think about 40% health in just 1 round...

so i tried this out and it worked well...it was fun!...its like running ALL mages for 5vs5 in arenas....lol....

what he did was, imolation for both felflame and imp, and raptor dose BlackClaw on it's enemy... Round 1: imp starts of by using swap, than attack once and than cast imolation and switches to fel flame...afterwhich, fel flame cast scourged earth and imolation....than siwtches to zandal raptor...his raptor though has only 305 speed...which personally i don think would be good...it would be better if it had 347 speed i think...the fastest one which is S/S...reason why is because, this is a crucial swap...it cannot waste another round for example, getting interrupted or being stunend or swapped...etc... it needs to go first to cast that BlackClaw and BANG bang BANG!...adds about 111 damage...so...1 imoaltion+111 damage = 175 damage...+ another imolation and another scourged-earth DOT damage....totaling 510 damage passively for 5 rounds...than imp's imoaltion would have ended by then...which is more than enough as raptor just need to kill off that pet fast and cast another blackclaw on the nxt pet, so when raptor dies, imp can come in and do another swap and imolation...and having swap to felflame allows imp to do backline DOT and HOT...

Bottomline: Win-rate is around 70-90%...havnt palyed with it enough though but when i asked the eprson who used it, he said that he wins quite alot...so im assuming its a good combi to ahve a good high win-rate...

TIP:
Fel-Flame....you would want the H/H stats...
Fiendish Imp: S/S
Zandalrila Toenibbler(spelling): S/S Abilites- Flank/primal cry/black claw

Iamwhatis

Pet Score: 3799

Postby Iamwhatis » August 2nd, 2013, 11:31 am

“…when i asked the eprson who used it, he said…” How can you talk with someone you are or have pet battled with?

Papazol

Pet Score: 3600

Postby Papazol » August 4th, 2013, 9:15 am

Man, if you wrote - I lost 90% of battles before I found tips what I want to show you, - it could be interesting. Not this. You see, teams like "2 anubs + magical crawdad" were well known from time Anub was added.

Holyalliance

Postby Holyalliance » August 5th, 2013, 5:47 am

Papazol wrote:Man, if you wrote - I lost 90% of battles before I found tips what I want to show you, - it could be interesting. Not this. You see, teams like "2 anubs + magical crawdad" were well known from time Anub was added.

lol...the very first Hater comment critique... :lol:

Simmias

Pet Score: 3148

Postby Simmias » August 6th, 2013, 12:18 am

People will not bother to look at forum threads when they are horrible to read. Stop using elipses all the time and please spellcheck before submitting. Take your time when creating and you will get better replies.

Smokes

Pet Score: 2626

Postby Smokes » August 6th, 2013, 3:59 am

I have to agree that your post is hard to read, which (other than the fact that I have yet to PvP pet battle) is why I did not comment. If you are making a guide that you would like people to use for reference, using a lot of abbreviations like 'ur' and 'combis' combined with the absurd amount of unnecessary ellipses, clusters of exclamation points points and misspellings are things to avoid. Your post is long and you put a good deal of thought into the content, but because you don't appear to have put the same thought into composing the post, it encourages readers to skip most of it or give up entirely. I think if you used the edit button and cleaned it up as has been suggested, then you might find yourself with the lively pet team composition discussion you want!

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Pet Score: 3319

Postby Rosalyne » August 6th, 2013, 4:53 pm

Simmias wrote:People will not bother to look at forum threads when they are horrible to read. Stop using elipses all the time and please spellcheck before submitting. Take your time when creating and you will get better replies.

Agreed. I haven't read most of this user's posts because they're simply way too hard to read. Use proper sentence structure instead of ellipses, avoid abbreviations unless they're common ones and use spellcheck - Firefox has it built in, and I believe Chrome does too.

Tekulve2012

Pet Score: 3935

Postby Tekulve2012 » August 6th, 2013, 6:33 pm

I suggest people try to let the grammar and appearance of the original post slide for a few reasons: (a) there is already a lack of true pet battle discussion here and discouraging expression of ideas won't help (b) We all know people who post here have various ages and languages of origin...we can cut people some slack [ I'm not presuming anything about this thread's original author] and (c) I wonder if some people are reluctant to post their winning combos for fear of having to face that same team in pet pvp. It would be a poor reason to bash this thread.

I check this forum as often as the trade threads in hopes of reading sharp commentary from users like Poofah, Luciandk and others ... Keep it fun everyone and we might all learn more

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Postby Rosalyne » August 7th, 2013, 1:17 pm

My intent wasn't really "bashing" but offer some tips to get more interest. I would love to have a discussion about pet battles and good teams we've seen, but it's very hard to comment on a post that you are struggling to read. Even just cleaning up the sentence structure would help. I was assuming that the poster is likely not a native English speaker, which is fine. Honestly, the ellipses and "stream of consciousness" style is what makes it most difficult.

And back on topic - I've encountered some seriously nasty team setups in pvp, but naturally can't remember any off the top of my head. I'm going to be doing my weekly shortly though, so I'll keep an eye out for any particularly wicked teams.

Ravnhawk
MVP

Pet Score: 4076

Postby Ravnhawk » August 7th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Some really good ideas here thanks for the tips because.... I need them. LOL

Guys not everyone has English down pat, and for a lot of people English is a 2nd language. I have no knowledge of this author's origins but I do ABSOLUTELY love that FACT that they are trying to help people with pet PvP.

Anything and anyone has to help me get to a place where I am more comfortable and confident in my pet PvP abilities is greatly appreciated. (Cuz honestly I am not so good at it.) Ok truth is I am awful LOL

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Postby Rosalyne » August 7th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Just lost (badly!) to a nasty team makeup: Wild Jade Hatchling, Clockwork Gnome and Zandalari Kneebiter P/P

He brought out the Hatchling first and used Call Lightning, switched to Clockwork Gnome and planted a Turret, then swapped in the Kneebiter for Black Claw. The ticks of the turret were doing about 250 per hit, plus the extra from the lightning. I managed to kill the Kneebiter and get the Hatchling to about half hp, but he wasted me pretty quickly.

Holyalliance

Postby Holyalliance » August 8th, 2013, 10:29 pm

easy to counter...a team that can counter is...minfernal/ragnaros/any pet with a weawther effect that goes good with this combi

your opponent was just lucky...

those types of combi pets like he has, only works best against certain teams...just like what i go with imp/fel flame/zandalari

Iamwhatis

Pet Score: 3799

Postby Iamwhatis » August 9th, 2013, 4:52 pm

Lightning teams well played are not “Lucky”. They are a good team. Anything can be easy to counter if you know what you are facing. Thing is, typically you don’t. In 10 random battles, when I play, that lightning team (though I use an SS Zandalari) I usually win 7 or 8 +/-. in 10 random battles. I don’t know about that counter team. Have you ever played it? Will it beat the popular pvp teams? If it can, why don’t I ever see it? What 3rd pet do you recommend? And what is your general strategy and synergy. I will play that team and let you all know my results. I believe if you face a good team you should make that team and play it. Learn its strengths and weaknesses. Then see if you can’t improve it. Same key skills with a better breed or even a different pet with the same key skill but a better overall move set.

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Postby Rosalyne » August 9th, 2013, 9:48 pm

Holyalliance wrote:easy to counter...a team that can counter is...minfernal/ragnaros/any pet with a weawther effect that goes good with this combi

Yeah, it's easy to counter - IF I knew what team I would be facing. It's impossible to predict the exact makeup of a team in random battles. I'm well aware of many teams that could counter the lightning team, but if I start running with them, then I can easily be countered by someone with a different setup that is strong against mine. I thought the point of this thread was to discuss strong combinations, which is what I did. I got my butt kicked, thought it seemed like an interesting team (first time I'd seen that exact setup), so I posted about it.

I do pet pvp for fun and always use the same team. I probably have a 50/50 win ratio, but I'm just doing it for fun and to get the Stunted Direhorn. It interests me to see some of the teams I face - there's been some good ones!

Azrile

Pet Score: 3326

Postby Azrile » August 9th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Holyalliance wrote:easy to counter...a team that can counter is...minfernal/ragnaros/any pet with a weawther effect that goes good with this combi

those types of combi pets like he has, only works best against certain teams...just like what i go with imp/fel flame/zandalari

Exactly, when I start seeing a lot of direhorns, it is time to pull out the lightning-turrets-dots

You would not believe how fast a direhorn dies to a sunreaver ( storm-dot) and then clockwork-turret

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Postby Rosalyne » August 10th, 2013, 3:03 pm

Azrile wrote:Exactly, when I start seeing a lot of direhorns, it is time to pull out the lightning-turrets-dots

You would not believe how fast a direhorn dies to a sunreaver ( storm-dot) and then clockwork-turret

This is precisely the reason I cry when I see a lightning/turret team...I use a Pygmy Direhorn. :lol: But like I said, I'm not really serious about pvp, so I just stick with the one team and whine a little when I get my butt kicked.

Holyalliance

Postby Holyalliance » August 13th, 2013, 10:59 am

ok...imma disclose my win rate since you guys insist... ;)

I have with me 3 Main Teams with 4 other teams on "standby"...

the 4 teams which are on standby are only used when i meet teams that defeat either of my 3 Main teams. I will meet them and always do... 80% of the time after i click "Flee". And win after =D...all my pet names are similar and thus, the opponent will know its me :lol:

Ok so heres the team...TO TAKE NOTE: THose Underlined are pets which can be swapped or re-consider switching to another pet which may go well with...
Team 1: Direhorn...H/H or P/P + Ragnaros + Mini Tyrael

Abilities Used: Direhorn the usual....Ragnaros bomb+wave+sons....Tyrael...depends really...but mainly i used charge+stun+holysword...

Why Winrate is high? Direhorns as you knw are good against many pets but not mechanical...but dw theres ragnaros to counter...if I face imp's swap, i use dire horn charge and than gets swapped to ragnaros than he can cast BomB than wave and its a 100% stun...Ragnaros abilities for this case are all 100% hit...and tyrael's are 100% for stun and 90% for charge which is "THE" only ability thats high burst in damage with a 90% hit chance...i guess....crits 1.4-1.5k on dragonkins at least! and 1.05k on normals...
Its not easy to interrupt as the abilities are used first for Charge and the procs are annoying to any opponent. Abilities used are unpredictabl...well this is all i can say...anymore you will know when you vs me =D cause theres to much to write...but for one thing...Direhorn and ragnaros go good together with a pet like tyrael with 276 speed ...enough to interrupt all the pets with high in damage but below 276 speed... Also...having tyrael makes the win rate higher because its good against any dragonkins...
Also, even though you know what im going to do, ITS THE PROCS that RUIN IT ALL....muahahahhaha...ty procs!!! I remmeber when i vs'ed 3 direhorns...and my ragnaros killed them all...really!..video taped it....well the opponent hardly uses the interupt move but still...its the procs and unpredicted moves that make any team stand a chance to win many!

Team 2: Crawdad + Anub Idol + Mini Tyrael OR Murkablo OR Fiendish Imp OR some other pets...well i say Valkyr or Direhorn P/P NOT H/H...

Abilities used...wish+healing mist and for anub idol, snadstorm+rupture... this is good agiasnt dire horns.....i remmebered that i win against a 2 direhorn team with an imp pretty much a few times... =)tyrael was there tanking...because i used th ability restoration...and occasional misses lets tyrael tank MOre!!! lol!!!

Usually anubidol would have 50% health and crawdad about 90-100% health having the opponent with 1 direhorn dead and 2 more pets to face with...

Team 3: Scourged whelping +Fiendish Imp Basilik Hatchling

Imp...use swap...tank to 50% health or 70%...siwtch to hatchling...stun...that 1-3 attack amove...than dodge...whelping takes over..cast that health thingy...than double attack if user goes last ability...all the way...lol ...well this is the basics...

have to improvise when in any PVP battle..

so this is the 3 main teams i used...of course theres another set of 3 teams i used but I'm happy with the win rate for this which didnt force me to find another good team of 3s....until i face a 60% win rate, i will find a better combi to have back the 75% win rate...for this week..my win rate has gone to 85% =)...but sometimes can lose 3 times in a row =/...but hardly almost never already...experience a 4 lose in a row...at most, 3...ANd those lose are a close call game...there are some games which i leave at first round.... than siwtch to my other team...meet him again and owned him :lol: this is the good part of pet battles...losing against the team you vs'ed with than re-queing...meet him again...and owning him 2 times in a row =D i experience it myself and so can you!

hope you find this useful =)...

now i think i might find another good 3s team ;)

Next

Return to Pet Battles