PvP and the worst players you've seen.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rosalyne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5903
BattleTag®:Rosalyne#1595
Realm:Exodar-us
Re: PvP and the worst players you've seen.

Post by Rosalyne » July 30th, 2013, 11:36 pm

I was the worst player I've ever seen today. Tried to get my 10 wins for the weekly out of the way...played 9 matches, lost 8 and went to do something else. :lol: Just stupid things like switching my undead pet in against their humanoid, my beast against their mechanical, etc. Guess my head just wasn't in the game at that time.

My favourite "dumb" move I've seen on an opponent was the guy who, when I swapped my Pygmy Direhorn in, swapped out his Son of Animus for a critter pet (can't remember which one, but it died pretty quickly). I haven't seen that many bad players though, not counting myself.

Kyozu
Top Rater
Pet Score:11184
BattleTag®:Yozora#2217
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Kyozu » July 31st, 2013, 12:25 am

I despise people who afk on purpose, whatever the reason.
To me, people with that kind of mentality are the "worst" players.

Mentalgiant
Top Rater
Pet Score:2130
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Mentalgiant » July 31st, 2013, 1:04 am

Couldn't agree more, Kyozu. I get frustrated to the point of wanting to AFK, but I choose not to. :oops:

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » August 1st, 2013, 12:41 am

I made a funny mistake yesterday.

I had a bit of an OP matchup yesterday, and was beating the guy pretty good. I had 3 pets alive, my darkmoon tonk on the fight against his last pet. I meant to use ´ion cannon´ to finish him off, but instead, I laid down a minefield. I almost felt bad because he might have thought I was taunting him.

But that reminds me of another ´bad´ player thing that happens to me frequently. If you have a darkmoon tonk and go against a team with a fiend.. do this. Round 1. he uses his fire shield thing (immolation?), you use ion cannon... he will swap your pet out for you even though he probably has an elemental attack AND you have to recharge for two rounds. More than half the time they do that. they are so used to using those two abiltiies right away that they don´t even look.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » August 6th, 2013, 7:22 am

I don't mind afkers, I'm in this side of the game for the collecting and upgrading, not for the pvp aspect, so I mainly pvp for the 10 wins. I've used a lot of subtle teams, tried out a lot of combos and had a lot of success. The most fun I've had though is taking three hammers and chatting while I play. I make more mistakes that way and lose the odd game I should have won, but playing passively in this way makes it less of a grind.

Rather than frustatre me, afkers just make my life easier :p

FYI It usually takes me 11 or 12 matches to get my 10 weekly wins, so I must be doing something right.

Fubar
MVP
Pet Score:2493
BattleTag®:Fubar#2138
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Fubar » August 6th, 2013, 7:50 am

Gromagrim wrote:FYI It usually takes me 11 or 12 matches to get my 10 weekly wins, so I must be doing something right.
You're running with two Direhorns! (and a Lil Rag)... GZ on ur win ratio.
[profile]Fubar[/profile] the Insane. Battle Tag is Fubar#2138.
Resto Druid for the Horde on Sylvanas (EU)

ImageImage

Tarty
Top Rater
Pet Score:13783
Realm:Runetotem-eu

Post by Tarty » August 6th, 2013, 7:41 pm

I'm the worst player you've seen! :)

Actually I'm focusing on collecting Pets so I have not tried very pvp! I win only 2 match but I just try few times :oops:

This is my collection of pet: http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/Tarty/
Can you suggest me a Team for starting PvP?

Thanks for any adivice!

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » August 7th, 2013, 5:11 am

The biggest mistakes I encounter are usually related to undead pets.

- some switch in their 300 HP undead against my fiendish imp when the portal is off CD
- they use their hard hitting CD ability, or stun, on my doomed undead
- they use self-heals or other low hitters with their doomed (or almost dead) undead, instead of their hard-hitters
- i've had someone switch out their doomed undead once.

most commonly, it's too much pet switching, which happens to me too often as well. sometimes it's just better to stay and hit the enemy and wait for the free death turn, rather than try and save a pet.

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Post by Rosalyne » August 7th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Ril wrote:The biggest mistakes I encounter are usually related to undead pets.

- some switch in their 300 HP undead against my fiendish imp when the portal is off CD
I *love* people who do this! :lol: A friend of mine is still sulking because I killed his Val'kyr with my nether portal so he couldn't hit me with Unholy Ascension.

Ukoviaz
Pet Score:6938
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ukoviaz » August 7th, 2013, 11:00 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:The worst players I've seen are the ones that feel they must "punish" you by going AFK after they've seen your team or you are beating them. I just shrug and go read forums here when that happens. At least 5.4 will hopefully put an end to this practice.
This happens to me a lot. Luckily I have dual monitors and Netflix going on the other one. :twisted:

Fubar
MVP
Pet Score:2493
BattleTag®:Fubar#2138
Realm:Sylvanas-eu

Post by Fubar » August 8th, 2013, 3:39 am

Ukoviaz wrote:This happens to me a lot. Luckily I have dual monitors and Netflix going on the other one. :twisted:
Same, same! When someone pulls dick moves like that on me (I give them the benefit of the doubt first/second time) I drag the entire game out to max to teach them a lesson. It's nothing when you're watching a good film.
[profile]Fubar[/profile] the Insane. Battle Tag is Fubar#2138.
Resto Druid for the Horde on Sylvanas (EU)

ImageImage

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » August 9th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Hi@ll,

its hard to say wheter there was a bad "player/team" because, i am pretty sure all of us had the moment of "wtf, what i did" (never again ;) )

I am playing nice combo but nevertheless, somtimes it happens that i make mistakes ( trading in a wild pet even when there is a mech trap etc) but those things happens, and that is what makes u better, not worse. U learn from ur mistakes, there are over 500+ pets around and even more with different ability combination, so i think, learn from your mistakes and becom better ;)

have fun
Rakrath ;)

Rosalyne
Top Rater

Post by Rosalyne » August 9th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Rakrath wrote:Hi@ll,

its hard to say wheter there was a bad "player/team" because, i am pretty sure all of us had the moment of "wtf, what i did" (never again ;) )

I am playing nice combo but nevertheless, somtimes it happens that i make mistakes ( trading in a wild pet even when there is a mech trap etc) but those things happens, and that is what makes u better, not worse. U learn from ur mistakes, there are over 500+ pets around and even more with different ability combination, so i think, learn from your mistakes and becom better ;)

have fun
Rakrath ;)
So true, and I definitely have these moments occasionally. I just laugh, and imagine the other guy's probably laughing at me too and enjoying his easy win. :lol:

Cluey
Pet Score:11369
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cluey » August 10th, 2013, 2:46 pm

I'm pretty terrible at the PvP battles, I should do better but I always leave it too late and then don't have enough time to do the weekly before I head off to the movies. I think I've completed it three times total. :-(
I've almost achieved my objective though so then I'll have more time and do some more because there's a pet I don't have involved with the PvP. :-(
Slick wrote:I will admit if I see someone using at least 2 direhorns and I'm not using a mechanical I'll afk him. Especially when they name said dinosaurs "Sorry" and "OP". They're looking for fast easy wins so I make it as long as possible :P
If I see a team with more than one Direhorn I just forfeit before the first minute so they don't get any credit for a win. It always makes me feel a little bad but if you're feeling like this just remember what it was like when you tried to play against a team of the stupid things. :x

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 11th, 2013, 6:44 am

that's giving them a free win. They hot fixed it so you get a win no matter what. Direhorns are very easy to counter (any mech)

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » August 11th, 2013, 12:40 pm

Dunno if it counts as worst, but I was a super annoying player to someone using Mr Bigglesworth.

He dropped an ice barrier, and I passed because I didn't want to waste an attack breaking his barrier for him. I passed for 100ish rounds, other than when he renewed the barrier and I hit it once so he'd have to break it himself with his next attack.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » August 11th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Cluey wrote:If I see a team with more than one Direhorn I just forfeit before the first minute so they don't get any credit for a win. It always makes me feel a little bad but if you're feeling like this just remember what it was like when you tried to play against a team of the stupid things. :x
Ya they get credit for a win still but no player XP if I understood it correctly...

Simmias
Pet Score:4458
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Simmias » August 11th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Tiggindy wrote:Dunno if it counts as worst, but I was a super annoying player to someone using Mr Bigglesworth.

He dropped an ice barrier, and I passed because I didn't want to waste an attack breaking his barrier for him. I passed for 100ish rounds, other than when he renewed the barrier and I hit it once so he'd have to break it himself with his next attack.
why pass at all? it's only two attacks and he'll be doing zero damage to you.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » August 12th, 2013, 5:36 am

As for the afker's me and some guildies are beginning to think that they are doing some type of botting.
Knowing how inpatient a lot of wow players are I bet they get a decent amount of wins doing this.
I think they are just trying to get to the 5k win total and if they do have a bot doing it for them I could see that working.
How many wow players get frustrated and leave battle evn if oh say 30% with a bot it could work

Myfurion
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Myfurion » August 12th, 2013, 9:19 am

Simmias wrote:
Tiggindy wrote:Dunno if it counts as worst, but I was a super annoying player to someone using Mr Bigglesworth.

why pass at all? it's only two attacks and he'll be doing zero damage to you.
The reasoning here is likely simple: Mr. Bigglesworth has to attack his own barrier to do damage to you, unlike decoy for the zepplin pet. What this means is if you are slower, he attacks first and then you would get in a free hit on him, he doesn't want that so he passes to let you break the barrier. If you are faster than Mr. Bigglesworth, then he would earn a free hit on you if you broke the barrier while he passed. You can sometimes abuse the mechanic on no-no by having a faster pet ( say a flying type) and noticing that no-no puts up the barrier. So you can just pass until he hits it twice, letting your CD's reset and wasting his dive CD sometimes.