Any easier way to level many pets to 25?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us
Any easier way to level many pets to 25?

Post by Colar » July 18th, 2013, 8:05 am

I'm trying to get safari hat for pet xp but I don't have enough of the right kinds of pets at 25 to battle the remaining 9 tamers. But leveling a bunch (even those level 22-24 rares I catch) is slow and tedious to keep fighting a bunch of pets to level up.

I want to get the achievement cricket so I can strike one more pet off the need list. and to build decent PVP team to start knocking those achievements out.

So is there a quicker way to level up pets beside hanging around Eternal Blossom fighting level 25 pets?

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Re: Any easier way to level many pets to 25?

Post by Lolfixheal » July 18th, 2013, 9:44 am

Level the pets needed for the tamers. Then use the tamers to level more pets. If you're looking to grind out XP via wild battles its gonna take a while. However I would move to a place with a lot of critters and use 2x PP raptors with Devour and your carrypet.

The pets you need can be found in the sticky guide that takes you around to all tamers, pets, breeds, attack layout. Beginners guide only needs Emerald Proto-Whelp PP and Anubisath Idol iirc. http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4580

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » July 18th, 2013, 9:59 am

While I also use the tamers for leveling, in between, I grind on wild pets. A friend recently told me about a good team set up to use for leveling pets that way.

Spectral Porcupette
Carry Pet
Darkmoon Tonk

Open with Illusionary Barrier, switch in your carry pet, switch in your Darkmoon Tonk.

Grind on the Jungle Grubs in Krasarang Wilds (I suppose this would work well against any beasts, but the grubs spawn in a relatively safe area and are very plentiful).

I find this set up much better than the team I had been using.

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » July 18th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Good tips!

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » July 19th, 2013, 1:59 am

Dont forget that you can catch lvl 25 pets in Pandaria, that becomes 23 after being weakened from capture.

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » July 19th, 2013, 1:31 pm

I use menagerie custodian as my lvl 25, it hits hard and fast, loves the jungle grubs, so leaves the two very low level free to fight the other two.. also at the flight point at the incursion is a 'vet'.. very handy for rapid heals. I can level two or more from 10 to 25 a day at least, until boredom sets in :) I did level 5 in one day from 10... did have a couple of deaths, but made sure the 2nd low level didn't get killed so got massive xp for it.