Looking for Pets that goes well with Darkmoon Rabbit S/S

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gruumsh
Pet Score:2710
BattleTag®:Gruumsh#1655
Realm:Barthilas-us
Looking for Pets that goes well with Darkmoon Rabbit S/S

Post by Gruumsh » July 10th, 2013, 6:43 pm

As of title, I would like to know of any good combinations to use with darkmoon rabbit S/S.

Feel free to discuss below. :D

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Re: Looking for Pets that goes well with Darkmoon Rabbit S/S

Post by Papazol » July 11th, 2013, 8:27 am

I see your problem - rabbits is thing in itself. Rabbits are fast but not such fast as flying or always goes first atacks or powerball buff. So rabbits almost useless in pvp. We ned rabbit only against one pet master - Earth spirit in pve. So such great pets with great ability to miss damage look like useless.
Darkmoon rabbit can place bleeding debuff for 4 rounds and has stampede. The best team for him is with lighting storm, so just for fun I can imagine such team - Dragon Kite + darkmoon rabbit.
Start from Dragon kite Volcano + Call Lighting swap on Darkmoon rabbit + [ability]Huge, Sharp Teeth![/ability] + Stampede. Dodge if nececcary. Should be a lot of damage, but cant imagine how you may use it in game now.

Thark
Pet Score:3335
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Thark » July 11th, 2013, 12:16 pm

I came across a S/S Darkmoon Rabbit with 2 Sunreaver Sentries. One set up to do Call Lightning.

It works well because the Rabbit puts up a DOT for the many turns it's not attacking, and against slower pets with dodge and burrow you don't get many hits against it.

I used a speed based team so the sentries were easy to dispatch, but the rabbit carried the team.

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » July 12th, 2013, 10:13 am

Rabbits are pretty decent pets, but they are fairly weak in PVP right now due to the fact that so many people are using Direhorns. Any decent Direhorn user will just charge your rabbit before it uses evasion or burrow completely negating its usefulness, while also doing strong damage vs critters to you. If you want to use an evasion pet, maybe try the sprite darter. Rabbits should become useful again in the next patch.

If you still want to use the Darkmoon Rabbit despite my advice, a crocodile or a bear would go well with a Darkmoon rabbit. They both deal additional damage against bleeding targets.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » July 12th, 2013, 5:03 pm

i have an all-avoidance team i use sometimes, using spring rabbit which has identical stats as DMR but lacks the well-known acronym name :P

i use nordrassil wisp with it, there is a 357 speed s/s that mine sadly is not, but mine still is faster than the opponent more often than not.

i have experimented with 3rd avoid pets of different types, the obvious idol, also mr bigs and thunder tail flapper, both have blocks that block you too, haven't found an ideal but most important is something to switch if they counter rabbit &/or wisp.

i agree with what was mentioned about direhorn, so many ppl use it and rabbit can't do much against it. my avoid team is something i switch to if i get the same team a couple times in a row and can't beat it with one of my main teams.

best thing about fast rabbit, it is a great counter to val'kir, and to ghostly skull in darkness teams. imo not much of an all-around pet however.
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 13th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Despite what others may say, I think S/S rabbits/hares make competent battle pets. The advantages are that they are strong against two very common pet types (undead and elemental), they are fast, and they have great avoidance.

The main problem, however, is that their inherent weaknesses, humans and beasts, just so happen to be the most common pet types going around at the moment. On the plus side, the predictability of the average pet battler makes team composition a little easier than you might think.

So, starting with the DMR, I would avoid adding a pet type that also shares a weakness against humans or beasts. That means dragons and humans are out. In fact, these types are so common that I would add something that has a strength vs one of these types - an undead, flyer or mechanical.

Problem #2 with the Rabbit is his damage output is very low - he's all about speed and avoidance. If he's not tanking an undead or elemental he's not much use. So you'll need to add a pet that can nuke if you go up against a heal or stall team. I'm thinking a P/S Crow/Gilnean Raven or a P/P Yellow Moth. The Crow/Raven can change the weather and follow up with a nuke, whereas the moth has an avoidance move and a sleep proc. So now you have an advantage against beasts and aquatics but a weakness vs dragons (fairly common) and magic (fairly uncommon).

Finally, an undead wouldn't be too bad, it's weakness against aquatics would be negated by your flyer and it takes less damage from dragons. I'm thinking a H/H Ghostly Skull. I you choose a Crow/Raven then the Skull can use Spectral Strike for nuke while draining with Death Coil.

I would pick Scratch over the bleed effect as well. Shell Shield/Sandstorm/Stoneskin will negate the DoT and any experienced player will see a Maul/Blood in the Water combo coming a mile away.

TLDR: DMR, flyer, undead.

Hope it helps. Haven't tested the combo out myself yet but I'll give it a go.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 15th, 2013, 1:22 am

Tested it out and won 9 out of 20 games - 45% win rate. Not great compared to what I'm used to. The team is very weak vs elementals. Also, the Raven is really the lynchpin of the team and if he dies too early it's all over.

Decided to try a P/P Yellow Moth instead of the Raven and sub out the Skull's Spectral Strike for Ghostly Bite. Won 13 out of 17 games for a 76% win rate - much more like it! This team is much stronger vs elementals and Ghostly Bite means it packs more of a punch vs humans. A little vulnerable to flyers but on the whole it worked well.