Im so fustrated with Ti'un im goign to scream

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Winterhart
Pet Score:13283
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Im so fustrated with Ti'un im goign to scream

Post by Winterhart » June 29th, 2013, 12:21 pm

I see a lot of you have all your different teams and raven and moths and all that Ive tried that my problem is that he does jet spray and kills both my flyers in a single hit in one round. I cant survive long enough to draw out apocolyse. I mean he does it every time! Jet spray maybe i might get in a coocoon and he might hit me with the jet spray but then the SOB does it again and just destroys my team, I am so fustrated.

I mean if we could remove that I could deal with the stupid high Health, shell shield taking no dmg at all, and that god forsaken wave that chips my pets to almost dead before I ever get a chance to bring them out.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I am about to never do another pet battle again! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Re: Im so fustrated with Ti'un im goign to scream

Post by Tiggindy » June 29th, 2013, 12:48 pm

Did they change him to no longer use pump and tidal wave?

I recall having to try a second time with him, I don't remember exactly what I used (since I just did the fight 1 time for the achievement).

Maybe a team with a Jade Owl (slicing wind, hawk eye, lift off), spectral porcupette (Bite, spectral strike, spectral spine) and a crow/raven(peck, call darkness, nocturnal strike)?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 29th, 2013, 12:52 pm

His only damage abilities are tidal wave and pump. Pump will usually take out the active pet in one shot.... If he decides to use it which he tends not to for long stretches. I do him with a crow and two moths. Haven't not done it on one try in a long time, though some days are closer than others.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 29th, 2013, 2:54 pm

I think for Ti'un I went with cheesing it after a few frustrating tries with moths and ravens... one of the zandalari raptors with black claw, focused on putting black claw up and then after he either kills the raptor or I swap go to Chrominius, howl, then surge of power. It doesn't always flat out kill him but if it gets him low enough the third pet can usually take him out. My third tends to be another raptor, in case he somehow manages to get the first one dead before I can apply black claw.

But yeah if the fight goes on too long, tidal wave is an absolute pain when combined with his shield and legendary damage reduction. There's probably a better way, even using this I sometimes need a second or third try... but compared to how my trusty moths and ravens were doing.. still an improvement.

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 29th, 2013, 3:55 pm

I've yet to find team that will reliably kill him. They buffed him so much, that coupled with RNG move set, it seem impossible to create any team that will stand through any of his skill orders he decide to use. Sure I'll kill him with something in the end, but with no more than 50~ish % chance.

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » June 29th, 2013, 4:37 pm

Phraide has an awesome team for killing Ti'un that I've used with great success. (I only have to re-try him once in a blue moon when he happens to use Pump at an inopportune time on Chrominius.)

[url]http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4314[/url] At the end of the first post:
Beasts of Fable
6 rounds
1: Unborn Val'kyr [?] (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren Water Spirit [-] (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius [-] (1,1,2)

This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

This strategy should grant you a kill on turn 6 or 7.

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
Round 2: Curse of Doom
Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
Switch to Pandaren water spirit
Round 3: Geyser
Round 4: Whirlpool
Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
Round 6: Howl
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

- Notes: For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit. This team doesn't work against No-No. I advise you to use Yellow Moth [4] (2,1,2) and Bat [4] (1,2,1) instead of Unborn Val'kyr and Pandaren Water Spirit against him.
Image Image

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 29th, 2013, 5:14 pm

I'm using bomb team normally on rest of BoFs, but Ti'un can too easily just one shot water elemental before setting both traps (from full, since it is weak against water :/) or Chrom before Howl, both of which require restart. Sure, if you get him to spam wave it's easy, but for me he likes to shield/prep Pump on Valk and take out Water Ele instantly it switches in.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 29th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Some things to note using Phraide's Unborn Valk team against Ti'un:

- Perform the strat as normal but when your Valk dies and your Pandaren Water Spirit swaps in, if Ti'un still has the Pump buff, it will be a one shot against your spirit (IF Ti'un chooses to use Pump on your spirit, that is). But it should be fine because you'll get at least Geyser off (Water Spirit is faster than Ti'un if I remember correctly). Geyser is key, so if you can cast only one thing, that should be it.

- If your Water Spirit gets one shot, just continue as normal, however wait until the debuffs on Ti'un reaches 2 rounds left before using Howl on Chrominius. Fill in the time with some bites or something.

- Once you get Howl off and all the other debuffs resolve, Ti'un will probably still have some health left but he'll be stunned from Geyser. This gives you a free turn so use Surge of Power and hope it doesn't miss lol.

- If Ti'un waits to use Pump on Chrominius, it shouldn't one shot him unless Ti'un casted a ton of Tidal Waves to bring Chrominius' health down too low.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » June 29th, 2013, 7:01 pm

Quintessence wrote: This gives you a free turn so use Surge of Power and hope it doesn't miss lol.
Surge of Power should always hit now (minus accuracy debuffs). That was annoying when it could miss before. >.<

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 29th, 2013, 8:22 pm

The bomb team followed by surge of power is the way to go.

Ridgebj
Pet Score:3993
BattleTag®:dds#1808
Realm:Gundrak-us

Post by Ridgebj » June 30th, 2013, 7:37 am

I have had consistent results using the following team

1. Any critter with apocalypse (preferably H/H). I use a nether roach
2. Any crab (preferably H/H). I use a shore crab.
3. Any magic pet with avoidance abilities. I use a minfernal.

Start with critter and cast apocalypse.
Swap to crab and alternate between renewing mists and shell shield.
4 out of 5 battles this is enough to win

If you're unlucky and your crab dies before the 15 rounds are up swap in your magical pet.

It will have strong defence vs aquatic abilities and can only be hit for 40%. Minfernal has armor plating which reduces damage by 50% for 3 rounds and also meteor strike which avoids all damage for a round.

I've never needed to pull out my roach but it can also avoid 2 rounds of death due to survival.

Hope you get the fight down soon