Best Place to level your Level 1's

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dufus
Pet Score:4607
Realm:Coilfang-us
Re: Best Place to level your Level 1's

Post by Dufus » July 1st, 2013, 7:08 am

The best place I've found is The Heartland around Lucky Yi, more often then not they will make it through the 1st round. I do it on Leveling Toons, nothing to Aggro, other then players that get no HK's anyway. I took a few toons to 90, there is pretty good XP in Battles. Kill 2 birds with one stone. : )

Post by Guest » July 3rd, 2013, 11:47 am

Good idea with Mr. Biggles, I used a turkey to sleep and then moved in my level 1 and then back out before they woke up. As to where; I leveled many outside the inns in the vale around the water. Until I didn't need any more aqua stones then I moved to the jungle grubs. Now I just level them on trainers, many but not all you can easily carry a level one through and with the new bonus food they level quickly.

Tosya
Pet Score:3035
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Tosya » July 5th, 2013, 10:18 pm

It would be nice to level your 1's with some of the Tamers in MOP, but level 1 gets only 4894 xp (with hat and 25% buf), while level 11 gets 6413 xp. I guess they get most xp at level 10, than it goes down both ways. 4894 xp is exactly what level 20 gets.

Dazer
Pet Score:10104
BattleTag®:Dazer#2240
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Dazer » July 6th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Tosya wrote:I guess they get most xp at level 10, than it goes down both ways.
Max XP gain is when your pet is [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2903&p=21349#p21349]two levels lower than half the target level[/url]; for MoP tamers that is levels 10 and 11 [25/2 - 2 = 10.5]. A lvl10 pet against Aki can earn as much as 8787.5 xp with all bonuses (hat and double snack).

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » July 7th, 2013, 12:30 am

I don´t really powertrain level ones, but I do the pet battle dailies in Pandaran every day and always throw level 1´s into a few fights.

One that isn´t mentioned is the Battle Tamer in Valley4Winds. If you use a frog as your first pet ( Mojo for me). I can wipe out the entire enemy team. But the second enemy pet, the turnip, does the submerge move for 3 rounds. The little turn-ups that come up to attack only do 150 pts of damage each round, so you can sub in your lvl 1, and then sub him back out before the turnip comes back up.

The Water Spirit trainer also has a similar situation on the 3rd pet. The elemental starts by casting two delayed attacks, you can sub in your lvl 1 and then stub out before attacks hit. Pretty much any bird can kill all 3 enemy pets if used properly, but if you do this trick, you need to have an anti-ellie pet to finish off the elemental because the two delayed attacks will kill your bird when you switch back in.

The other one I sometimes use is the Battle Tamer in Kun-lai. The goat almost always eats the first round.

Corah
Pet Score:13318
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Corah » July 7th, 2013, 11:47 am

I've parked low level alts at the trainers in Redridge, Westfall, and Elwynn I get 3 level 1's to about level 5 and I get exp for my alts too. It's not fast, but it works.

Ghostrunz
Pet Score:4418
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Ghostrunz » July 7th, 2013, 12:38 pm

Azrile wrote:I don´t really powertrain level ones, but I do the pet battle dailies in Pandaran every day and always throw level 1´s into a few fights.

One that isn´t mentioned is the Battle Tamer in Valley4Winds. If you use a frog as your first pet ( Mojo for me). I can wipe out the entire enemy team. But the second enemy pet, the turnip, does the submerge move for 3 rounds. The little turn-ups that come up to attack only do 150 pts of damage each round, so you can sub in your lvl 1, and then sub him back out before the turnip comes back up.
I hadn't used level 1's in this fight because the flower's first move does damage to the back pets, easily killing a level 1 being carried. I guess the frog's Block prevents this?