Game bug/glitches?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
RallyC
Game bug/glitches?

Post by RallyC » September 28th, 2012, 1:28 pm

So the pet battle system is now up a running and many have gone out and started battling and collecting pets from all over Azeroth and beyond in the Outlands. However, if you're like me then you might have noticed some, er, bumps along the way.

Example one: Cassandra Kaboom <Master Pet Tamer>

Now when I looked at this NPC in game I saw her and the 3 pets she'd challenge me with hopping in a circle around her. They were all mechanical and according to what I could see by clicking on them lvl 11 elites. However, when I stated the fight I soon discovered this was not so, they are in fact lvl 13. Also, the mechanical Rabbit she had seemed, well really buggy. For 4 turns it tied to attack me and missed. For 4 turns I tried to attack it and missed. I had a lvl 11 crocolisk at the time. It was, frustrating to say the least as my crocolisk had NEVER missed that many time in a fight before, much less in a row like that. She beat me 5 times before I could finally beat her. And that was with my crocolisk at lvl 14 and 2 elementals about lvl 10 (one rare, one uncommon). Even then, I was down to one pet at 10 hit points. It was crazy. The constant misses were absurd. I know she's a master and all but really, it shouldn't take me at least 2 turns to land one hit on one of her pets.

Example 2: Tiny Twister
After my horrible first defeat at the oil stained hands of Cassandra Kaboom I decided to look for some more elementals to add to my team since my Ruby Sapling did very poorly. I found a uncommon Tiny Twister and, though it's moves were all air, liked it and decided it would be worth a shot. I soon found, however, that one of its attacks seemed a bit bugged: cyclone. For some reason when I used this attack the twister that would form would get stuck on the opposing pet and thus I would get stuck in mid battle. I couldn't switch pets because an attack was going, nor could I forfeit the match. The first time it happened I figured it was lag and logged out. However, when I battled later and the same thing happened again. This time I waited. After about 30 seconds it finally processed the attack. I continued battling and several minutes later it did it again. This time I was frustrated and decided to experiment. I wanted to see if the game itself was freezing and clicked my character portrait at the side of the battle bar. My character info popped up and as soon as it did the twister got unstuck. I ended up doing this again several times whenever the twister looked like it was having an issue and thus far it's worked.

Example 3: The bugged wandering battle pets.
So I was in the Hinterlands lvling when I saw this little maggot crawling on the hill and wanted to battle it. But, try as I may, I couldn't get in a battle with it because the battle field was obscured. I figured maybe it was all the trees nearby so I moved away from them. Nope didn't change anything. I began circling the beast trying over and over. Finally I got it and, well, it turned out it was nowhere near where it appeared to be. It was below me, somehow. Also my character fought it backwards. It was actually pretty funny to watch my character toss a trap backwards. :lol:

Anyhow these are some of my experiences, have any of you had anything like this occur. Also where you able to find a solution like I did with clicking my character profile to get the cyclone attack to work.

Myrikenes
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Sen'jin-eu

Re: Game bug/glitches?

Post by Myrikenes » September 29th, 2012, 12:47 am

The bug that annoys me the most is the one where the enemy pet starts at 0 health and I instantly win, without any xp or the ability to catch the pet.
Happens to me on daily base.

RallyC

Post by RallyC » September 29th, 2012, 1:55 am

Just come across another interesting bug that is a HUGE help and I'm currently taking advantage of.

Realm Thorium Brotherhood
NPC Master Pet Tamer Zultan of Felwood
Realm Time: 151 AM

Currently there is NO COOLDOWN on this master. I've attacked him twice and am about to do it again. Yes I know this is sorta cheating but Heck it my makes my job of lvl grinding a ton easier. I'll update if they fix this or if I find a limit to the number of fights I can get in with this guy. Right now though I plan to exp farm the heck outta him.

Update: Okay, just attacked Elena Flutterfly and she has no cooldown as well, my guess is all masters are this way. Sadly because you can attack them again and again you don't get any pet supplies bag but it is counting them as beaten in my quest log.

Arkyle
Pet Score:10421
Realm:Alonsus-eu

Post by Arkyle » September 29th, 2012, 2:55 am

None of my pet abilities are landing. Even when a lvl 7 battles a lvl 1, I miss everything and the critter kills my pet... My ticket has been "escalated" :P whatever that means....

Myrikenes
Pet Score:4100
Realm:Sen'jin-eu

Post by Myrikenes » September 29th, 2012, 1:02 pm

Oh... a nother bug I have is that my Bandages keep disappearing when I logg out or relogg.
I think it is a bug, because normally only summoned Items disappear.
Anybody else having that problem?

Mulot
Pet Score:3264
Realm:Ysondre-eu

Post by Mulot » September 29th, 2012, 1:06 pm

Hi !

I may have found a bug on a toon
In the first zone of pandaria, there are some flies ( can't find the exact english name ) that could be tamed, but when you get it, it shows in the chat
' [fly]added to your collection'
[fly] is wrotten in yellow ( normally it's the color of rarity ), and I can't find it in all my pets !

Did someone found this bug ?

Runestones
MVP
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Runestones » September 29th, 2012, 2:57 pm

There is a pet spawn in Molsen Fields in Westfall that is under the world? I see him on my minimap but not in the world.

Most of the blighthawks in Andorhal in Eastern Plaguelands are phased. I can see them on the edge of Andorhal until I get close and they disappear.