No respect for "Father Time"?!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
R3ib
No respect for "Father Time"?!

Post by R3ib » June 21st, 2013, 11:30 am

Shouldn't there be some significant penalty for letting the "timer" run all the way down. There are a lot of PvP pet battle wins being acquired, because I refuse to wait for the timer to run out every round. Sorry, if this issue has been addressed, but I'm new to this forum and haven't read through existing posts yet...

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: No respect for "Father Time"?!

Post by Gendou » June 21st, 2013, 11:36 am

It's [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1310716-New-feature-for-PvP-pet-battle-system-in-Patch-5-4]being addressed in 5.4[/url]:
We have received some feedback where some players said that his opponent ran out of the whole 30 seconds in every turn, which made him wait too long in the battle. So, we are ready to add a new feature in Patch 5.4: In PvP pet battle, if one side doesn't take action within 15 seconds, the system will reduce the time that player can use in the next turn as a penalty. This change is intended to accelerate the pet battle and make it more compact.

Currently, the system works as follows and those numbers below are subject to change:

Each side has 30 seconds in each turn in the initial state, but if one side doesnt do anything in one turn within 15 seconds, then
time that player can use in the next turn will be reduced by (time used in the last turn - 15) / 2 seconds
total time that player can use in all turns will be reduced by (time used in the last turn - 15) / 10 seconds

For example:
if one player uses 25 seconds to decide how to take action in one turn, then
time that player can use in the next turn will be reduced by (25 - 15) / 2 = 5 seconds, which only affects the next turn
total time that player can use in all turns will be reduced by (25 - 15) / 10 = 1 second, which affects the whole battle and stacks, but it will reduce the time that can be used in one turn by 15 seconds at most.
so, he has 29 - 5 = 24 seconds to decide in the next turn.
ImageImage

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » June 21st, 2013, 1:23 pm

My concern: Sometimes the computer takes a long time to resolve a move set. Sometimes my pet sticks to the opponent on my always go first moves for so long that the opponent has actually moved but I can not move because my pet has not returned to my side. As it is this occasionally grants my opponent a free move. This also sometimes happens with how long it takes the animation for cyclone. So this fix will make things worse for me. I don’t like these delay teams either but the fix could be worse than the problem if in regular games I start loosing more turns.

R3ib

Post by R3ib » June 23rd, 2013, 10:59 am

Thanks for the replies... glad to know the issue is on the table. It's bad enough, that every team I put together ends up facing the worst possible match up... =/