Wild pets boosting.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Xwn
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us
Wild pets boosting.

Post by Xwn » June 13th, 2013, 7:53 pm

I been doing lots of vale since MoP started to boost level pets.

Comp:

pettolevel | Gilded Moth | Amber Moth (or Brilliant Kalari)

This leveling system is fast but then I did a dif way which is critted killing in Valley.

Comp:

pettolevel | Baby Ape | Kun-Lai Runt.

My question is simple:

Anyone knows a better wild pet battles leveling way? I know about trainers and everything, I cant just settle by killing trainers.

Im at 200+ pets at 25, is not a bad number but im looking to get em all as fast as possible.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Re: Wild pets boosting.

Post by Ishildur » June 14th, 2013, 5:15 am

I'm not sure I can tell you much on that front other than to of course make sure you do beasts of fable and the pvp weekly for the 1h buff to xp from pet treats. My main boost team is designed around the valley of four winds so it's carry, feline familiar for critters, and pterrodax hatchling for the aquatic adds. Pretty quick and can go for quite some time without heals.

And of course to consider picking a location that helps you with stones if you need those, it can be worth it even if the fights are slower. I knew with the amount of fights I've been doing on critters and the number of stones I've gotten I'd soon have no need for critter stones, so I focused on boosting every pet to around lvl 8-10 in vale and valley so I'd be able to take them someplace else. I'm down to needing 7 more beast stones for my vendor only pets, down from 20 couple of weeks ago just from killing the hedgehogs around Gorespine. It's not quite as fast as vale/valley in terms of fight length, but usually the respawn is faster than I can keep up with so there's zero running around finding more, just pet fight after pet fight.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » June 14th, 2013, 9:33 am

3 places of note.

1. The Vale - I use a Pterodax Hatchling for the heal. Literally loads of aquatics all around and the vast majority cast a buff/debuff on the first round so you can level even level 1 pets. Stable master in your Shrine. Only downside is the Vale is being fully drained in 5.4, so it won't be viable forevermore.

2. Veiled Stair - All pets here are critters, meaning you can take them down easily with a beast pet, I'd use one which can heal on a kill (Panther Cub is my choice). Downside is your carry pet need to be able to take a hit.

3. Dragonblight - There are loads of fast spawning Dragonbone Hatchlings just North of the stable master at Wrymcrest. Downside here is that the pets are a bit lower level than the Pandaria mobs, the secondaries are usually a penguin or a rabbit and again your carry pet needs to be able to take a hit. the fast spawn and close proximity to a stable master really makes it worth while though. I've not used this sport much, you really need a main magic attacker with a heal of which I've not raised one yet.

If you look in the Pet Battle forum here there are also 2 guides for the dailiy quests. the beginner one allows you to kill the majority of trianers with just 2 pets and a carry pet.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » June 14th, 2013, 10:32 am

For me, the Vale has been my go-to for leveling carry pets. However, instead of worrying about fielding a pet with heals, I use a a STABLE full of moths (all marked as "favorites" and sorted to the top), and I just rotate in a new moth as soon as one falls to 1/2 health bar. The moths are perfect to kill the aquatics in the Vale, and hold their own with the occasional flyer add. I use the pet heal icon every time its cooldown is available, heal the whole flock of moths, and start over. Its actually kind of fun...looking at which moths last the longest, which ones kill the fastest. 8-)

I am very very sad that the Vale will not be usable for leveling after 5.4! :(

Xwn
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Xwn » June 14th, 2013, 5:07 pm

I decided im still doing Vale for now, with 5.4 might have to swap to critters in Valley (Baby Ape worked good for it too but I can try Feline Familiar too)

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 14th, 2013, 6:06 pm

i've found my feline familiar to be pretty effective in both vales: onyx bite against flyers, stoneskin negates almost everything, and devour hits hard against critters+heals the cat back to 100.