PET TEAM IDEAS

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Vyrox
Realm:Shattered Halls-us
PET TEAM IDEAS

Post by Vyrox » June 5th, 2013, 10:13 am

hey i just got my unborn valk and i have a son of animus as my favorite two pets for battles. i need an idea for a strong 3rd pet to kill people with . Please and thankyou

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Re: PET TEAM IDEAS

Post by Teacake » June 5th, 2013, 11:50 am

Okay, but I wish I could still forfeit when I see you coming. :x

Both your pets have all their attacks in the same family, so adding some attack variety to your team might be a good idea. Animus is vulnerable to and weak against elementals. Valk is vulnerable to critter attacks, and weak versus aquatics. So I'd be inclined to include something that is strong against some combination of those.

I haven't gone through your collection to see what you have, but a couple of ideas that occur to me:

A rabbit is strong defensively against elementals, and Burrow is strong against critters, taking care of two of your three weak points.

Wolpertinger has something for all three weak points: he has defense v. elementals, and attacks that are strong v. both aquatic and critter. Plus he's a pain in the bum in general for the opposing team; cc is always your friend.

Electrified Razortooth has attacks from several families, including strong versus both elementals and critters, and his bleed and shield would both work nicely with Unholy Ascension. Downside is he's vulnerable to aquatics, leaving you with only Animus to take care of any of those.

Legs has defense against aquatics and attacks that are strong against elementals.

Finally, I hate to say this, but Anub Idol has defense against critters, sandstorm is strong against aquatics, and he brings his own weather, which is often handy.
Last edited by Teacake on June 5th, 2013, 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vyrox

Post by Vyrox » June 5th, 2013, 11:55 am

lol at my team if i got anub added on there.... team annoying FTW lol

Teacake

Post by Teacake » June 5th, 2013, 11:57 am

I would so forfeit when I saw you. Sorry about the queue. :P

Vyrox

Post by Vyrox » June 5th, 2013, 12:16 pm

:( please dont forfeit... i love watching my valk annoy people

Teacake

Post by Teacake » June 5th, 2013, 12:26 pm

I'll set my stopwatch for a minute and forfeit at 1:01, how's that? :)

Actually, in all seriousness this is probably what I will do with stall teams now. :( I don't want to be rude and keep forfeiting on them, but I have no interest in being forced into 10 minute matches because Blizz couldn't figure out a way to handle a few rascals.

Vyrox

Post by Vyrox » June 5th, 2013, 1:04 pm

im thinking of doing the big bad wolf.. any other ideas -

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » June 5th, 2013, 11:52 pm

my team is
Unborn Val'kyr
Stitched pup
Son of Animus

VERY strong team,

Eutectic
Pet Score:1465
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Eutectic » June 6th, 2013, 1:38 pm

I've been trying a team I call sucker-punch to counter forfeitures and the current kunlai/anub meta game. I don't have breeds or spell names memorized so sorry if some are just a description of the spells they use

Scourged Whelpling (H/H), tail sweep/death decay/ plagued blood

Cog blade raptor (S/B), batter / slow enemy / infected (add damage to each hit)

Micro sunreaver: (P/P), attack, haywire, call lightning

Open with Whelpling. Drop a death and decay 1st turn and a plagued blood 2nd. (KLR: open with plagued blood and switch.)

From there, you can continue to hammer with tail swipe (2hits against any slower opp.) or switch to cog blade for some infected bite (adds to death/decay dot) or triple hits with batter.

Micro sunreaver gives call lightning (for countering darkness/sandstorm) and some extra power in haywire

I had a s/s spider in the last spot (poison, brittle web) but kept getting beat by anub and sand storm

Typed on my phone so no guarantees on spelling...

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 6th, 2013, 7:24 pm

Here's what I'm going to try that should be really annoying. (Disclaimer: never PvP'd ever)

Fiendish Imp
Netherspace Abyssal
Sunreaver Micro-Sentry

Idea being the Abyssal and Imp sit on the back line popping elemental + mech damage on the active pet, while Sunreaver sits in and tanks. Abuse the forced pet swaps to get Immolate DoT on all enemies too.

Eutectic
Pet Score:1465
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Eutectic » June 6th, 2013, 9:11 pm

The last piece of that team above finally clicked into place. Also I can post the idea better when I can sit down and type it out

Alright, so here's the basic breakdown for "Team Suckerpunch"

Scourged Whelpling (H/H) Tail Sweep, Death & Decay, Plagued Blood
Cogblade Raptor (S/B) Batter, Screech, Exposed Wounds
Sunreaver Microsentry (P/P) Fel Immolate, Extra Plating, Call Lightning

Scourged Whelpling Opens. If possible, drop Death & Decay 1st turn and then plagued blood second turn. (If there's a guaranteed stun counter like KLR, just drop the plagued blood first and swap out.) Once those two are applied, you can either ping away with tail swipe (chances are with an H/H you're slower than your opponent, guaranteeing a second hit, & heal on TS) or swap to one of the robots. I lean towards switching towards Sunreaver first.

(Meanwhile, the scourged is in the back row healing back up with the Plagued Blood/Death and Decay procs)

Sunreaver drops a fel immolate and a call lightning. (Call lightning first against a darkness or anub team). A combo fel immolate/plagued blood gives sunreaver a heal-me-up combo, and the dots all re-inforce each other for extra damage.

But check the synergy out no matter which order you swap: Exposed Wounds adds damage each round to both a triple batter (might take a screech against a faster pet but whatever) AND death and decay. (or fel immolation if you pulled sunreaver 2nd.) Call lightning makes batter stronger AND adds damage to the various dot ticks. There's a tendency for this team to get down slightly early but if you can maintain with plagued blood this team steamrolls in the later rounds.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » June 7th, 2013, 8:31 pm

I've never PvP'd. If I were to use a Val'kyr, would I need an H/H breed?

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » June 9th, 2013, 11:34 am

I have a b/b valk and use her all the time. You'll be fine with whatever you have. :)
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » June 10th, 2013, 5:31 am

Ive been battling for quite a lot recently and I have an annoying counter for those pesky undead with ascension: Nordrassil Wisp H/P.
It is faster than any undead so it just plays with them by blinding them (reducing their hit chance to max 50%) and then blocking the Ascension :) .
Other fellas in my team are Direhorn Runt H/P and Scourged Whelpling H/H. Now it is time for YOU to forfeit :)

Anyway, to answer your question: how about adding Direhorn Runt? It will protect your Valkyr from critters (it does a great job even against evasion rabbits) and will give hard time to just about anything, maybe except for flyers above 50%.