Fastest way to level pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu
Re: Fastest way to level pets?

Post by Lolfixheal » June 4th, 2013, 6:17 am

What I do and what most people do is doing the satchel tamers each day and use 2 25s and a boostpet. With safari hat and lesser pet treat running you're looking at 6,4k (highest i've seen) against panda tamers, gradually getting lower due to less difficulty bonus. I tend to stop boosting a pet once its at 22½ or something, so after 1 fight it lands somewhere at 24,x. Avoid capping XP.

Theres 7 pandaria tamers with epic(6)/legendary(1) pets
Theres 4 spirit tamers with legendary pets.
Dont bother with BoF, the xp is lower than wild 25 battles.
Theres the 5 old satchel tamers at: 19 19 24(rare) 25(epic) 25(epic), they give you a good bunch of XP aswell, not as high as pandaria tamers thou.

So 2 hours every day, 2 lesser pet treats and Hat on. Do the above for stones/dailys done/pets/Money will give you fast 24,x pets on the shelf. Like 2-3 a day I'd said. You will soon see your journal filled with 24,x pets. Finish them off against 25 wild pets, preferably of a type where you need the stones still or a pettype you can kill quickly (read: critter with doubledip Lil Bad wolf/kunlai runt/flayer youngling).

Also, some pandarian tamers got backline damage intake, so I suggest using level 1 pets against the 5 old satchel tamers (Theres no backline intake), this will bring them to level 8/9 and make them survive the backline intake from pandaria tamers.

Matafleur
Pet Score:2598
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Matafleur » June 4th, 2013, 9:13 am

I'm currently levelling up this way because I am trying to build up my stable of essential pets such as yellow moth, emerald whelp, rabbit (I'm using arctic hare), etc. There are frustrations along the way if you don't have some of the what I call "essential pets" already levelled, I mean the ones that can handle the Pandarian tamers so be ready for that.

Matafleur

Post by Matafleur » June 4th, 2013, 9:30 am

Lolfixheal wrote:
Dont bother with BoF, the xp is lower than wild 25 battles
What do you mean by "BoF" ?

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » June 4th, 2013, 9:44 am

Matafleur wrote:
Lolfixheal wrote:
Dont bother with BoF, the xp is lower than wild 25 battles
What do you mean by "BoF" ?
Beasts of Fable

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » June 4th, 2013, 11:42 am

Take a gander at the sticky at the top of this forum... The guide to 5.3 tamer battles. Each team comp has room for a carried pet.

If I'm raising something from level 1, I do this (Alliance)

Evereesa in Swamp of Sorrows/random wild pet battle > Lydia Accoste at Karazhan > Stone Cold Trixxy in Winterspring > Morulu in Shattrath > Blood Knight Antari > Obalis > Aki the Chosen > whatever other tamer(s) I feel like until 25 (usually 1-2).

The whole route takes me about an hour (but I'm doing it on a mage with fast flying), and obviously can only be done once a day.

This is a modified strategy from [url]http://fecklessleader.blogspot.com/p/1-25-veteran-pet-leveling-guide-10_27.html[/url] . His guide is very good, but I'm trying to get more bags a day. He also has strategies for your first couple 25s, and an intermediate guide if you don't have access to the pets in the Veteran guide.

There are more daily tamers than I can reasonably do in my couple hours a day to play. Finding those teams that can carry a low level pet is key.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 4th, 2013, 11:50 am

Knew I was capping some pets at 23,<5x so tried 23,00 against Spirit tamer and normal panda tamer. Result was 3780xp at both of them with treat and hat. That resulted in 23,00->24,93 :D So cutoff point is fresh 23 or lower, if you got few hundred xp into 23, might just do it anyway, save yourself that extra wild battle.

Matafleur

Post by Matafleur » June 4th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Anasa wrote: He also has strategies for your first couple 25s, and an intermediate guide if you don't have access to the pets in the Veteran guide.

There are more daily tamers than I can reasonably do in my couple hours a day to play. Finding those teams that can carry a low level pet is key.
Thank you for that. I have been trying to do the dailies with his 5.3 guide but can't follow most of it as he wrote it because I don't have most of the pets listed, or I have some and they are poor quality, sub lvl 25 etc.