Brutal Pet Brawler debriefing

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Brutal Pet Brawler debriefing

Post by Poofah » June 10th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Slab wrote:finally settling on Fiendish Imp, Giant Bone Spider and Water Waveling.
Waveling is a neat choice: I like the idea of an AoE, since with all the swapping, you often get the opponent's backline low on health. Killing their pets while still backrowed is really valuable, especially if they're mechs or UD.
Slab wrote:as a former poker and Magic player, I was frustrated as hell at my inability to seemingly A) ever get around the randomness factor of missing (I will admit starting to research an all 100% hit team :lol:) and B) having any ability to determine the "meta-game". I have a footing now.
I played a lot of M:tG, and that tends to influence how I look at the metagame as well. There's tons of M:tG theorycraft that you can apply to pet battles (or almost any turn-based game for that matter): for example this and this ('card advantage' translates pretty directly to turn advantage in pet battles).

Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Slab » June 10th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Yeah, but don't quote Flores to me. I know Flores. I'm not a fan. :p

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 11th, 2013, 4:36 am

Gromagrim wrote:Not to mention I never went for the 'no time to bandage' achieve, and now it looks very difficult to achieve.
Got 4/5 on this last night, so maybe it's not that impossible

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 11th, 2013, 5:27 am

Gromagrim wrote:Got 4/5 on this last night, so maybe it's not that impossible
How do you do that achievement? You have to kill all three of your opponents pets without one of yours dying. That would be a very OP team. Do you just forfeit until you get a clearly weaker team? Do you just hope it "happens by itself"? Do you try to cheese the matcher with something like one level 25 pet and two level 1 mechanicals and try to obliterate the other team with your one strong pet?

Caniki
Pet Score:7379
BattleTag®:Caniki#1336
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Caniki » June 11th, 2013, 8:18 am

Kring wrote:
How do you do that achievement? You have to kill all three of your opponents pets without one of yours dying. That would be a very OP team. Do you just forfeit until you get a clearly weaker team? Do you just hope it "happens by itself"? Do you try to cheese the matcher with something like one level 25 pet and two level 1 mechanicals and try to obliterate the other team with your one strong pet?

There's no requirement to do it with level 25s, so don't make it any harder on yourself than you need to. I did it the other night with a bunch of level 9s. I think I used a Pocket Reaver, a Tiny Blue Carp, and a Spider. I basically wanted pets that could heal themselves and do a lot of damage.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » June 12th, 2013, 3:17 am

Nerf on the way to the runt: Trihorn Charge getting one round cd in 5.4.
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » June 12th, 2013, 5:55 am

Kring wrote:
4/5 was with a team of 25s, runt/imp/spider, and I was matched up against very similar teams, I guess I just managed to twig tactically before my opponents. Finally fell on the 5th match against a team that managed to doom one of my pets and kill it on the backrow before I finished them (very frustrating!)

I've never forfeited a pvp match, the amount of matches I've won/lost on less than 100 hp or due to undead racial tells me never to give up.

I think I'll start sme lower level match ups in the hope of getting the achieve done, unfortunately all my good pets are now level 25!