Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stormrow
Pet Score:9203
Realm:Moonglade-eu
Re: Jeremy Feasel (Darkmoon Pet Battle)

Post by Stormrow » October 9th, 2013, 9:14 am

Just looked at your pets, used the dark whelping instead of the idol. He should last and take down some of the tonks health. ;)

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 9th, 2013, 12:17 pm

Matafleur wrote:Are there any other Mech's that work well against that monkey? Ones with good survivability that can knock the crap out of it? That stun/banana/massive hit(can't remember what it's called) combo are devastating.
You have one of the best ones levelled to 25 already, but it's only best *IF* you make it a rare. [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] (MPD from now on) is the perfect mechanical to use against him as your 3rd pet (since you are not concerned with levelling pets here).

Note in general you MUST kill the Tonk with your MPD, that way you are on the field before Fezwick, and since the rare MPD is faster you get to attack BEFORE the stun, so you only lose 1 action instead of 2 like all slower pets do.
This is why the levelling strat [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7023&start=80#p55925](found here)[/url] only uses 2 pets (the 3rd pet, called a carry pet, doesn't do anything - but if you bring any other fast level 25 you can have him clean up - but again the MPD has to be rare, otherwise he wont be faster than the monkey-of-doom).

Start out with Bombing Run and get stunned > Pass > Breath > (Breath again if 1st missed) > Explode. The Bombing Run + Explode will hit for (min) of 422 + 560 damage between them, so once your Breath reduces him to 980 you can explode. This will bring your remaining living pet back in.

As an uncommon you will do less damage and be slower - but you do have an Emerald Proto-Whelp and Lil' Ragnaros so you could use [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4502&sid=93ae084deb224d6f446b177d15e4baea#p56144]Moonie1's strategy[/url] with the MPD as your 3rd pet since it looks like he regularly has the Emerald Proto-Whelp surviving - just use his strat of Proto-Whelp to kill Judgement, Lil' Rag to kill Tonk and eat Stun (frankly I'd let the killer monkey kill Rag for the free swap) and then bring in the MPD > Bombing Run > Breath > Breath > Explode. If Rag's flamethrower gets any residual damage thru your Bombing Run + Explode may be enough to get the job done. I haven't tested this (I can't, I don't have a non-rare MPD) but it looks like it would work for you.

Truweildude
Top Rater
Pet Score:13685
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Truweildude » October 9th, 2013, 11:05 pm

My team for this guy never fails. I use all strong vs his pets here.

Spawn of Ony PS breed. Spam flame breath, heal once about 50% of your health, finish off eye. Spawn of Ony will get 1-2 hits on tonk. Then Fel Flame. Immolate Burn Conflagerate and another burn if needed. Let fel flame take the the 1st hit that stuns, swap tonk in. Shock/Awe Ion cannon and should be game over for mr feasel.

Oh, and fel flame is hp breed. So good health and power.

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13808
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » October 11th, 2013, 10:00 am

Like other posters, I favor [pet]Infinite Whelpling[/pet] with [ability]Tail Sweep[/ability], [ability]Healing Flame[/ability], and [ability]Early Advantage[/ability], [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] with [ability]Breath[/ability], [ability]Bombing Run[/ability], and [ability]Decoy[/ability], and the carry pet. Since the third slot on the MPD now holds *both* [ability]Explode[/ability] and [ability]Decoy[/ability], I had to pick one over the other. I chose [ability]Decoy[/ability] and switched the second slot to [ability]Bombing Run[/ability]. Once I have a final bomb on the monkey, I switch to my carry pet just before the bomb explodes. The monkey never gets more than one hit on the carry pet.

Silverthorn

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 11th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Silverthorn wrote:Like other posters, I favor [pet]Infinite Whelpling[/pet] with [ability]Tail Sweep[/ability], [ability]Healing Flame[/ability], and [ability]Early Advantage[/ability], [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] with [ability]Breath[/ability], [ability]Bombing Run[/ability], and [ability]Decoy[/ability], and the carry pet. Since the third slot on the MPD now holds *both* [ability]Explode[/ability] and [ability]Decoy[/ability], I had to pick one over the other. I chose [ability]Decoy[/ability] and switched the second slot to [ability]Bombing Run[/ability]. Once I have a final bomb on the monkey, I switch to my carry pet just before the bomb explodes. The monkey never gets more than one hit on the carry pet.

Silverthorn
[pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] Is a suitable replacement for MPD.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » October 11th, 2013, 5:54 pm

GilroyKilroy wrote:[pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] Is a suitable replacement for MPD.
Actually it isn't because, unlike the MPD, the Zeppelin is slower than Fezwick, which makes a big difference in the fight. You can do it, but it is significantly riskier because Fezwick's always smacking you first - you lose 2 attacks to the stun, instead of only 1, for example. I'm not saying you can't win with the Zep, just that it's not as likely - I'd have to run it thru the grinder to see how it pans out.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » October 11th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Rendigar wrote:
GilroyKilroy wrote:[pet]Darkmoon Zeppelin[/pet] Is a suitable replacement for MPD.
Actually it isn't because, unlike the MPD, the Zeppelin is slower than Fezwick, which makes a big difference in the fight. You can do it, but it is significantly riskier because Fezwick's always smacking you first - you lose 2 attacks to the stun, instead of only 1, for example. I'm not saying you can't win with the Zep, just that it's not as likely - I'd have to run it thru the grinder to see how it pans out.
Trick is you have to decoy after the tonk rezzes and then you have to kill on that shot. Yes, very RNG dependent (I lost 3 in a row.)

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » October 11th, 2013, 7:29 pm

One thing I do slightly different on the Infinite Whelpling than describe above is I use weakness instead of healing flame.

Magic Pet:
Tail Swipe > Tail Swipe > Weakness (to absorb the dragon racial), Tail Swipe (triggers racial and health is lower than tonk)

Tonk:
Early Advantage > Tail Swipe till whelpling dies.

The rest is pretty normal. The only downside is if the tonk uses shock and awe and the stun hits, you pretty much lose.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 11th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I don't try leveling a carry pet against this team. I use a [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet], [pet]Fel Flame[/pet] and [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet].

Hit the eye with the dragon breath attack until it dies. Decoy, switch in the flame, kill the tonk, the flame eats the stun and usually does some damage to the monkey, who I finish off with my tonk.

I once had my tonk die due to some bad luck with hits & misses, and finished the match with the dragonling (which, of course, is why I don't bother with a carry pet, I want to get the match over with ASAP... if it didn't cost a token to start the match, I would likely be more willing to try to carry a pet, but I never buy those things, so I only have as many as I can get from doing the profession quests).

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 13th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I use Fel flame for the first 2 pets or at least until it dies then I use DM tonk as well as clockwork gnome. Of course alot depends on misses and crits, but as a rule this combo works like clock work. Its my go to team for this trainer.

Sanzul
Pet Score:3503
Realm:Scarshield Legion-eu

Post by Sanzul » October 14th, 2013, 5:47 am

Maizing wrote:I don't try leveling a carry pet against this team. I use a [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet], [pet]Fel Flame[/pet] and [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet].
You should be able to replace the MPD with any decent level carry pet. As long as the carry pet is level 20 or so and can get the eye down to ~50% health, the Fel Flame can finish the eye quite easily and still have enough health left to get two DoTs and a Conflagrate up on the tonk. That's enough for your tonk to put up a minefield and finish his (with the help of the flame's DoTs). As long as your tonk has ~50% health left after that, it can survive the monkey's stun and finish it off with Ion Cannon. One hit each from Minefield and Ion Cannon will kill the monkey.

There's some RNG involved (the enemy tonk's stun proc, mainly), but if you're doing the fight every day during the faire it adds up to quite a lot of XP. Just make sure you have two or three level 20ish pets ready for when the faire comes around.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328

Post by Hootstwo » October 14th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Funny how everyone has different strats for this trainer. My team:
Onyxian Whelpling, tail sweeps and heals, no problem with eye and normally one or two solid hits on the tonk.
Fel Flame, pretty much anything will destroy tonk, normally can soak the stun, and the bananas on monkey,
Sea Gull, it's actually really effective vs the monkey. Fly up when he's going to stun you.

Works pretty much every time unless RNG wants to mess with you.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » October 14th, 2013, 2:35 pm

For me, it's:

Nexus Whelpling - Tail Swipe, Sear Magic, Arcane Storm ... Tail Swipe, Sear Magic (usually the Eye tries to debuff you twice with its first 2 moves), Tail Swipe 'til Eye dies ... Make sure Arcane Storm goes up before the Tonk kills the Nexus

Gooey Sha'ling - Seethe, Breath of Sorrow, Agony ... Spam Seethe until Tonk dies ... if, by chance, Arcane Storm is gone by now, lead with Agony on the Monkey, he'll Stun ... Seethe until Gooey dies

Darkmoon Zeppelin - Missile, Decoy, Bombing Run ... 9 times out of 10, the Monkey's Stun will not be up, so when there's 1 turn left on the CD, use Decoy ... other than that it's spam Missile and Bombing Run if you wish until the Monkey dies

Cake. :)

Undeadgoat
Pet Score:2089
BattleTag®:undeadgoat#1254
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Undeadgoat » October 15th, 2013, 4:41 pm

If you have Spirit of Summer it can almost 2-for-1 the first two pets (Flame Breath, Immolate, Conflagrate), then I Clockwork Gnome the monkey (don't bother to heal, just drop turretts and punch) and bring in a "not-quite-carry" pet to finish him off--anything over level 20ish that's not weak against him should do just fine.

Cyanai
Pet Score:1514
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cyanai » October 15th, 2013, 4:55 pm

My setup for this pet battle is:
-Infinite Whelpling (kills the eye with ease and gets the 2nd pet, tonk i think it is? down a considerably large amount with his Early Advantage)
-Fel flame (finishes off the tonk and can do an okay amount of damage/few hits on the monkey)
-Darkmoon tonk (strong vs the monkey [beast] and has a chance to stun, however a few shots will kill the monkey with ease even if the tonk gets stunned)

Whiplash
Pet Score:4909
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Whiplash » October 18th, 2013, 3:25 pm

I don't like this fight.
I would get really frustrated by the RNG and the eternal-stun + massive DOT damage of the monkey at the end killing two pets...
Now I always use the following team and strictly follow this strategy:

Spirit of Competition - Tail Sweep the Eye, then the Tonk, until dead
Pebble - Stone Shot until the tank dies/rezzes, then Quake kills the tank and hurts the monkey, then Pebble eats the stuns and dies
Clockwork Gnome - Turret, then Metal Fist until monkey is dead

I don't lose with this team and strategy.
But getting cute, like trying to heal, or using Quake earlier, will result in a loss (trust me).

Vaducklover
Pet Score:2622
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Vaducklover » March 4th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Tahsfenz wrote:Clockwork gnome (2,1,1)
Carry pet
Yellow moth (2,1,2)

Turret first. After your second turret, repair. When Tonk comes up, spam #1. If feasible, near the end of the tonks life, throw down a turret for the monkey. Switch to carry pet. The to moth. Moth should make quick work of fez.
Thanks this worked perfectly - I never thought I would be able to use a spare pet for this.

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » March 4th, 2014, 2:33 pm

If I am not trying to level a pet thru but this team can carry one thru anyway I use:
Emerald whelping strong against magic and heals so it can put some hurt on tonk too.
Phoenix hatchling destroys tonk and being faster than monkey I get a burn off before stunned. This pet real star of this team being elemental for tonk destruction and fast to go before monkey.
After stun do a conflagrate and monkey almost dead this pet can take monkey down if monkey doesn't get off a few crits which it does at an obscenely high rate.
Pet three can be carry pet as long as it is around level 15 and not a critter.
Other wise almost any mech can finish job son of amus, dark moon tonk, menagerie custodian etc... These can be quite low and finish off monkey.

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » March 4th, 2014, 4:52 pm

IF you are just looking a quick win use: [pet]Nexus Whelpling[/pet], [pet]Phoenix Hatchling[/pet], and [pet]Menagaire Custodian[/pet].

Lead with Nexus Whelpling's Arcane Storm then tail sweep three times. Eye dead
Use Arcane Storm one more time on tonk.
Switch to Phoenix and use Immolation then Burn it down. Use Cauterize if you he hits you with the lock on. Tonk dead
If your arcane storm will last for next round bring in the big gun if not wait for monkey to stun.
(*Arcane Storm neutralizes the stun hit*)
Switch to Custodian... use Shock an Awe and finish with Ion Canon... nothing is so satisfying as watching that little monkey fry.

Try this at least once... you'll thank me.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » March 4th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Wow, I have been 2 petting Jeremy with [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] and [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] and any non-critter pet over say 20-22 for ever.

Sometimes RNG gives me a loss with a miss on my part, or a crit from his pets, but I have almost never had a problem.

I start with [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] and either drop the [ability]decoy[/ability] or just melt the eye's face with [ability]breath[/ability] and save [ability]decoy[/ability] to drop on the tonk and switch to [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] . Almost any move set from him destroys the tonk, but [ability]Flamethrower[/ability] then [ability]Conflagrate[/ability] does massive damage quick, then finish with [ability]Flamethrower[/ability] until dead and to have the DoT on the monkey.
I eat the stun on [pet]Lil' Ragnaros[/pet] and pass, then if lucky get one more attack with a him then switch to the [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] and [ability]Bombing Run[/ability] then [ability]breath[/ability] until dead, or the monkey is low and switch to the third pet for the kill and some XP.
mykro9#1585