Dos-Ryga .. die you evil thing!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Moonra
Pet Score:3164
Realm:Malfurion-us
Dos-Ryga .. die you evil thing!

Post by Moonra » May 27th, 2013, 6:47 pm

So after many attempts and much frustration I found a way to drop this legendary.
Take two birds with squawk and mulitround flock ability and miniwing
the birds will be chickens and turkeys.. at least thats what i used
set up team bird bird and miniwing
hit dos with squawk and then flock until the two birds are dead
when miniwing comes up..hit with preditory strike
if dos is still alive.. peck him
you should see him drop and your mini wing should have plenty of life left

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Dos-Ryga .. die you evil thing!

Post by Dakaf » May 27th, 2013, 11:31 pm

I personally use the crow and the raven for double darkness/nocturnal strikes. The third is whatever flyer I currently have loaded on that team. I am 3/3 with it. Have not done it every day though. Been wasting all my time getting the Valkyrie!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Boyya
Pet Score:4188
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Boyya » May 28th, 2013, 1:56 am

I hated this guy, and I used the Cockroach trick, set apocalypse, then used Magical Crawdad and Anodized Robo cub to continue to heal themselves until the 15 rounds ended. Did the same thing for Gorespine and Kafi, only these three gave me any difficulty. It is because of Dos-ryga's heals, Kafi's stuns and Gorespines bleed effects. I think they might soon be nerfed.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » May 28th, 2013, 3:31 am

Dakaf wrote:I personally use the crow and the raven for double darkness/nocturnal strikes. The third is whatever flyer I currently have loaded on that team. I am 3/3 with it. Have not done it every day though. Been wasting all my time getting the Valkyrie!
This setup works really nice if the birds never miss . Valkyrie is great in a universal setup posted in another thread.

Valielina
Top Rater

Post by Valielina » May 28th, 2013, 3:26 pm

I got my Longest Day achieve last Tuesday after he got buffed and only had to try twice I think, I have done the dailies a few times since then and have had no troubles. Until yesterday, I couldn't do it. I will try a few of the strategies mentioned here....wish me luck lol.

Rhonstifor
Pet Score:7037
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Rhonstifor » May 29th, 2013, 9:55 am

Unless it was pure RNG, which is possible, they may have stealth nerfed Dos-Ryga. His abilities missed on me at least 50% today. Not that it really mattered. Gilneas Raven with Darkness and Nocturnal Strike, Scourged Welpling with Darkness, and Vampiric Batling with Nocturnal Strike under Scrouged Welpling's Darkness makes this encounter a joke with or without nerfs. My Gilneas Raven is still green ( waiting on the flying stone ) and Dos-Ryga went down after killing Raven, with Scourged Welp up with 1100 HP and poor Vamp Bat just bored not even getting in.

Crimsonshade
Pet Score:2396
BattleTag®:Fey#2749
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Crimsonshade » June 3rd, 2013, 3:59 am

Hate to cheap out on cockroach but I still use it for dos-ryga. cockroach, emperor crab, grassland hopper

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » June 3rd, 2013, 5:25 am

Boyya wrote:I hated this guy, and I used the Cockroach trick, set apocalypse, then used Magical Crawdad and Anodized Robo cub to continue to heal themselves until the 15 rounds ended. Did the same thing for Gorespine and Kafi, only these three gave me any difficulty. It is because of Dos-ryga's heals, Kafi's stuns and Gorespines bleed effects. I think they might soon be nerfed.
I find Kafi to be easy with the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry...Call Lightning Fel Immolate and Clockwork Gnome with Built Turret, Metal Fist.

First round I Call Lightning, then Fel Immolate until the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry dies. Then Built Turret on c/d, Metal Fist in between. I keep my Darkmoon Zeepelin ready as 3rd pet, but I haven't need it yet with this strategy.

Also works well on the beast Fable pet in the Valley.

Using a dragon with Call Lightning doesn't work very well, but I suspect Tranquil Mechanical Yeti would work just as well.

For Gorespine, I use XT, DM Zepp, and DM Tonk, but most mechs work well against him as long as you don't use multi-hit attacks. With his bleed, you can't afford the extra damage from doing more than one hit per round against his shield.

Cpudude30k
Pet Score:828
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Cpudude30k » June 3rd, 2013, 6:44 pm

This POS is broken, the main problem is his ridiculous heal. I ended up beating him with Sunreaver Micro Sentry, Voodoo Figurine, and Clockwork Gnome. Drop lightning with sentry, immolate, overcharge(whatever his beast attack is), refresh lightning, then he dies.

with figurine drop the ability that adds damage to every attack, then simulcron, then his dragon ability, keep repeating and try to get the first ability as your last hit.

with gnomey turrets and punching the combination of the lightning, added damage from the figurine and the barrage of bullets and fists is enough to end him.