Missing - Starting to get angry

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Trystan
Top Rater
Pet Score:3662
Realm:Die Silberne Hand-eu
Missing - Starting to get angry

Post by Trystan » May 26th, 2013, 1:15 pm

I think the pet battle system is heavily bugged at the moment.

Out of 10 times I attack with a 95%hit-chance attack, I miss 7-8 times.

That can not be bad luck...

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Missing - Starting to get angry

Post by Luciandk » May 26th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Remember to check for debuffs and if Darkness or Sandstorm was used. both adds a 10% accuracy debuff.

Threnody
Pet Score:3078
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Threnody » May 27th, 2013, 4:51 am

I've noticed this as well. I only do PvE and few tamers cast accuracy debuffs. Yet my 90/95% hit chance attacks miss around 50% of the time...

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » May 27th, 2013, 6:30 am

How about when the enemy trainer uses an ability with a 25% chance to stun or sleep, and gets you 3-4 times in a row with it? The odds of getting stunned 3 times in a row are 1 in 64, though you wouldn't know it from how often it happens..

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » May 28th, 2013, 3:53 am

I'm not ready to grab the pitchforks just yet, but it's amazing to me how many 95% to hit attacks miss. And no, no debuffs applied at the time (which is easy to see anyway as they do change the hit value listed). Way too many occasions of a 95% to hit missing twice in a row, which is a 1 in 400 hundred chance.

Yes random is random, but either something is off, or I really need to go out and buy a lotto ticket.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » May 28th, 2013, 10:52 am

I've had alright luck thus far myself. The increased damage that the attacks with reduced hit chance have seems to make up for a lot of it. What really shines about it to me is not having to worry if my big attacks are going to miss or be dodged. Attacks like the Darkmoon Tonk's Ion Cannon or Surge of Power from Chrominius, having one of these not hit meant instant game over.
Cendir wrote:Way too many occasions of a 95% to hit missing twice in a row, which is a 1 in 400 hundred chance.
I was fighting the Burning Pandaren Spirit yesterday, and Crimson (the dragon) missed with his Breath (90% hit chance) three times in a row (1/1000), with nothing to reduce hit chance. Don't despair, it apparently works both ways.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 28th, 2013, 3:31 pm

while some of my ire may be confirmation bias (meaning I notice the misses far more than the hits), I still think that there's no way I should ever miss on a 100% chance hit attack on an opponent within 1 level of me when I have no accuracy debuffs.

I wish we could dump logs to actually parse the miss rate, since the posted miss rates seem to be an issue.

On a similar note, anyone notice things like surge of light stunning way more often than 25% of the time?

The second day of the patch, every single chance of stun attack stunned every time (both mine and theirs) while I was doing the tamer fights.

Naplam
Top Rater
Pet Score:11279
BattleTag®:Naplam#1702
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Naplam » May 28th, 2013, 5:08 pm

Tiggindy wrote:On a similar note, anyone notice things like surge of light stunning way more often than 25% of the time?

The second day of the patch, every single chance of stun attack stunned every time (both mine and theirs) while I was doing the tamer fights.
I noticed this on the day of the patch/shortly after it as well, had multiple PvP matches where people's KLRs were stunning MUCH more than the advertised 25%. (No Chill effect was in place)

I haven't noticed any oddities like that since then though, so if it were an issue, it was hotfixed.

Cendir
Pet Score:6154
Realm:Alexstrasza-us

Post by Cendir » May 29th, 2013, 4:35 am

Tiggindy wrote:while some of my ire may be confirmation bias (meaning I notice the misses far more than the hits), I still think that there's no way I should ever miss on a 100% chance hit attack on an opponent within 1 level of me when I have no accuracy debuffs.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the patch notes mention there is a 2% miss rate per level difference (apparently down from 5%/lvl previously).

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 29th, 2013, 9:44 am

Cendir wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the patch notes mention there is a 2% miss rate per level difference (apparently down from 5%/lvl previously).
Apparently I missed that.

On a side note, does quality vs quality have an effect? Like poor quality vs rare for instance?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » May 30th, 2013, 6:29 am

I don't think quality makes a difference, just level.