Daily Pet Supply Bags

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Slab
Pet Score:3088
Realm:Nesingwary-us
Re: Daily Pet Supply Bags

Post by Slab » June 6th, 2013, 7:51 pm

The only stat I know is months and months and months of bags and zero Porcupettes. :evil:

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » June 6th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Lolfixheal wrote: Can people confirm they still get flawless stones from:
Pet supplies bags from 7 panda tamers
Pet supplies bags from 4 spirit tamers
Pet supplies bags from 3 bof books
Pet supplies bags from 5 old tamers

Just to lift my spirits :/

EDIT: One funny thing is thou, on the patch day (probably because its the first day of new lootsystem, so it has to reset internally), I got 5 stones, my guildmate got 6. Anyone experienced insane amount of stones on the patchday only?
The only 2 BoE stones I ever looted were from the critters in Crystalsong Forest and from Nishi, both ages ago. I'm pretty sure they didn't remove them from the bags, and I don't believe the level of the tamer has any impact, especially since it's just called "sack of pet supplies" every time, and you get the same stuff from it. On the other hand, every "Pandaren Spirit Pet Supplies" bag drops different pets depending on which Tamer you fight...

Not to mention you can apparently also win a stone after a pvp win.

As for experiencing insane amount of stones, the most I've had is maybe 4 (5?) and it definitely happened after 5.3. Getting 3 in one day before was a freaking miracle.

Demoiselle
Pet Score:2013
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Demoiselle » June 7th, 2013, 2:24 am

Slab wrote:The only stat I know is months and months and months of bags and zero Porcupettes. :evil:
By contrast: i've gotten TWO porcupettes, and only one human stone.

Demoiselle

Post by Demoiselle » June 7th, 2013, 2:28 am

Lolfixheal wrote: EDIT: One funny thing is thou, on the patch day (probably because its the first day of new lootsystem, so it has to reset internally), I got 5 stones, my guildmate got 6. Anyone experienced insane amount of stones on the patchday only?
I got three stones on patch day.

Since then, my stone drops do "feel" less random. I try not to put stock in feelings, but I tend not to get a stone at the first 5-6 battles that I do. Then one or two stones toward the end of the circuit.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 7th, 2013, 3:14 am

Demoiselle wrote:By contrast: i've gotten TWO porcupettes, and only one human stone.
7 or 8 fire elementals but zero earth and zero air elementals. Doesn't matter, they sell nice on the AH. :-)

I didn't notice a change in stones since 5.3 but I never got less than 2 before the patch.

Slab

Post by Slab » June 7th, 2013, 3:33 pm

Demoiselle wrote:
Slab wrote:The only stat I know is months and months and months of bags and zero Porcupettes. :evil:
By contrast: I've gotten TWO porcupettes, and only one human stone.
See now that answers another question I had in the back of my head ... you CAN get a Porcupette after you've already gotten one?

I mean, I'm sure you understand, but I'd give up a month of battle stones to just get the pet out of the way.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » June 8th, 2013, 7:49 am

Slab wrote:See now that answers another question I had in the back of my head ... you CAN get a Porcupette after you've already gotten one?
I got a second one after 5.3, so yes, you can get another one.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » June 9th, 2013, 12:35 pm

It's been months since I've gotten a porcupette.

I've gotten 3 fire elmentals, 1 earth and 2 water since the patch though.

And, of course, a lot of stones. I average probably 1 a day from bags.

Katzbalger
Pet Score:3554
Realm:Arthas-us

Post by Katzbalger » June 9th, 2013, 2:10 pm

Lolfixheal wrote:
EDIT: One funny thing is thou, on the patch day (probably because its the first day of new lootsystem, so it has to reset internally), I got 5 stones, my guildmate got 6. Anyone experienced insane amount of stones on the patchday only?
I had the same thing, on patch day I got 6 stones, 3 from tamers then 3 (inc 2 flawless unbound) from 6 pvp battles while I was farming the direhorn runt.

Since then it's still been pretty decent, I've got 1-4 stones every day from my full circuit, plus the odd one from pvp battles and some from wild battles and ofc tons of useless polished.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 10th, 2013, 12:22 am

First two or three days after patch I had decent luck, 2-3 stones a day... since then, I'm getting almost no stones out of bags. However when I'm leveling an alt on pet battles I seem to average 3-4 stones a night.

Slab

Post by Slab » June 10th, 2013, 11:24 am

Tiggindy wrote:
It's been months since I've gotten a porcupette.

I've gotten 3 fire elmentals, 1 earth and 2 water since the patch though.

And, of course, a lot of stones. I average probably 1 a day from bags.
2 Fire, 2 Wind, 1 Earth since the patch. There are days where I skip the Elementals just in case getting a pet from them resets my bad luck trigger. :p

I don't seem to see nearly as many stones, though. Guess the tamers are less impressed with me :p

Demoiselle

Post by Demoiselle » June 14th, 2013, 2:34 pm

I just got a third porcupette.

I've still only had 2 human stones drop for me total.

I NEED HUMAN STONES

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 14th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Finally saw some action today. Emptied my Pandaria bags at 7stars to see 2 stones and 1 spirit pet !! That caught my attentionen. Then turned in the 3 BoF quests and my pants dropped, 2/3 pets and 3/3 stones, I kid you not. Almost full house. Took its time thou for those pesky gnomes to put up that rainbow.

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » June 16th, 2013, 5:21 pm

Didn't manage to do dailies yday, shame on me. I like to save up Pandaria bags and open em all at once for the suspense :p The same with the 5 old world ones. 1 lousy Undead stone from Pandaria and then 4 from the old 5, I was wtf?!

I mean, the system is supposed to build up right with the drop%? Then when you win the drop% will go down again and start over. It makes no sense to me to get these rows of wins, I'm starting to think Blizzard doesn't even know how it works but keep quiet not to embarrass themselves:p

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » June 17th, 2013, 9:28 am

Lolfixheal wrote:Didn't manage to do dailies yday, shame on me. I like to save up Pandaria bags and open em all at once for the suspense :p The same with the 5 old world ones. 1 lousy Undead stone from Pandaria and then 4 from the old 5, I was wtf?!

I mean, the system is supposed to build up right with the drop%? Then when you win the drop% will go down again and start over. It makes no sense to me to get these rows of wins, I'm starting to think Blizzard doesn't even know how it works but keep quiet not to embarrass themselves:p
Say the base random chance is 10%. Then say every "miss" adds 4%. You can still "miss" at any chance less than 100% and still get a "hit" at anything above 0%. I would just say you had a lucky streak of getting 10% chance stones.

P.S. I have no idea what the real percentages are.

Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Dirkie » June 19th, 2013, 8:22 am

UPDATED: So I have tallied my results from the various Trainer bags over the last couple weeks. I have broken the bags down by Pandaria, Spirit, BoF and other expansion zones (Old World Bags). Also I have opened them on two different alts, as I got them so I didn’t open all Pandaria bags at once then all Spirit etc. I am not sure if that would impact the results.
38x Pandaria Bags = 3x stones (one each of Beast, Mech and Undead)
19x Spirit Trainers = 0x stones; 4x Spirit Pets (one each of Water, Earth and Fire)
16x BoF Bags = 7x stones (1x Undead, 2x Dragon, 2x Mech, 1x Aquatic, 1x Flying); 3x Panda pets
26x Old World Bags = 6x stones (3x Critter, 1x Undead, 1 Flying and 1x Magic)
================
For me… drop rates were:
Beast of Fables 1:1.6
Old World Bags 1:4.3
Spirit Trainers 1:5
Pandaria Trainers 1:13

Bad RNG lately I. All pandaria trainers, BOF and 8 old world bags with ONE stone and two pets.