New universal team for BoF

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Shinsui
Pet Score:12453
Realm:Nathrezim-us
New universal team for BoF

Post by Shinsui » May 22nd, 2013, 6:09 pm

Ok, I'm consolidating the strategies I know of for now that I've used to kill the beasts. This is mostly going to be generic till I know that I have reliable teams for each. Eventually I'll put in some alternate strategies as well as people suggest them or I find them. Some of the teams are the same for multiple beasts.

Ka'wi the Gorger-critter
1. Fluxfire feline [8]- 1,2,1
2. Anodized Robo Cub [7]-1,2,2
3. Brilliant Kaliri- 2,1,2

Start with Fluxfire and use Prowl. After that use Claw until the fluxfire dies. After that, switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Bite until he's dead. If both pets die, Ka'wi should be low enough for the Kaliri to just use predatory strikes to kill him.

Nitun-critter

Start with Fluxfire and use Prowl. After that use Claw until the fluxfire is rezzed from his mechanica ability. After that, switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Bite until he's rezzes as well. This should keep nitun from healing with his abilities. If both pets die, Ka'wi should be low enough for the Kaliri to just use predatory strikes to kill him.

Kafi-beast
1. Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling-1,1,2
2. Anodized Robo Cub[7]-2,2,2

When the fight starts, use Flyby and Explode with the Dragonling to do some initial damage. Switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Demolish. Unfortunately, Demolish has a low chance to hit, so if you're lucky with Supercharge and Demolish, it will one shot Kafi at this point, otherwise continue to Demolish until it dies. If it does, switch to the Kaliri for Predatory Strikes

Dos-Ryga-aqua
1. Infinite Whelpling [4]- 1,1,2
2. Gilnean Raven-2,2,1
3. Yellow Moth [4]- 2,1,2

This one can be slightly hit or miss. Use Tail Sweep until Ryga uses his heal ability. When it has 2 rounds left, use Darkflame then switch to the Gilnean Raven and use Call Darkness. This will negate the heal entirely when it goes off. After that use Nocturnal Strikes/Alpha Strike until he dies. Then switch to the Moth and use Moth Dust and Alpha strike to finish off Ryga. Alternatively, you can swap in a Crow for another set of Call Darkness/Nocturnal Strike on Ryga.

Lucky Yi-critter

Start with Fluxfire and use Prowl. After that use Claw until the fluxfire dies. After that, switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Bite until he's dead. If both pets die, Yu should be low enough for the Kaliri to just use predatory strikes to kill him.

Greyhoof-beast

When the fight starts, use Flyby and Explode with the Dragonling to do some initial damage. Switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Demolish. Unfortunately, Demolish has a low chance to hit, so if you're lucky with Supercharge and Demolish, it will one shot Greyhoof at this point, otherwise continue to Demolish until it dies. If it does, switch to the Kaliri for Predatory Strikes

Skitterer Xi'a-aqua
1. Gilnean Raven-2,2,1
2. Yellow Moth [4]- 2,1,2

Xi'a shouldn't be too much problem for any team of fliers. Start with Call Darkness/Nocturnal Strike and Alpha Strike until the Raven dies. Switch to the moth and use Cocoon Strike when its up to reduce damage, Moth Dust and Alpha Strike otherwise. If both die, use Kaliri with Predatory Strikes if its low enough.

No-No-aqua
1. Gilnean Raven-2,2,1
2. Spawn of Onyxia [4]- 2,1,1

Start with Call Darkness. If No-No starts with Dive, use Nocturnal strike when he comes back up. If he uses Beaver Dam, pass twice so he destroys the dam himself, then use Nocturnal Strike. After the Raven Dies, switch to Spawn of Onyxia (or any pet with a Flyby) and use Flyby when No-No uses Dive. Always pass if Beaver Dam is up and let him destroy it. Use Brilliant Kaliri as backup if both of these die.

Ti'un the Wanderer-aqua

2. Anodized Robo Cub[7]-1,2,2

When the fight starts, use Flyby and Explode with the Dragonling to do some initial damage. Switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Bite and Bite until the Cub dies. If it does, switch to the Kaliri for Predatory Strikes.

NOTE: I need a better team for Ti'un because most flying creatures I have do multi strikes so they only do like 50-80 damage each.

Gorespine-beast

When the fight starts, use Flyby and Explode with the Dragonling to do some initial damage. Switch to the Cub and use Supercharge with Demolish. Unfortunately, Demolish has a low chance to hit, so if you're lucky with Supercharge and Demolish, it will one shot Gorespine at this point, otherwise continue to Demolish until it dies. If it does, switch to the Kaliri for Predatory Strikes

I'll try to updade this list as I find reliable teams to do these beasts. If anyone has a better, reliable team for any of these pets, please let me know.
Last edited by Shinsui on May 25th, 2013, 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: New universal team for BoF

Post by Tahsfenz » May 22nd, 2013, 6:56 pm

I don't think there is a universal team anymore for the 10 BoF battles. I think it's going to be like a tamer battle where each may require a different team. Second time through, they aren't too bad. Well most of them anyways

Edit - people are talking about roach/heal teams, but that's kinda cheesy

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » May 22nd, 2013, 7:11 pm

I had to remake all of my teams for the BoF and I had to make separate teams for Ti'un and Dos'ryga. I managed to take out No-no with my old aquatic team, but it was close.

After getting The Longest Day done, I will not be doing any of the BoF quests ever again. Too much work for too little reward.

Shinsui

Post by Shinsui » May 22nd, 2013, 7:34 pm

I have 2 reasons why I want to do these (most likely everyone else has the same reasons)

1. missing the pets that can be gotten from the bags

2. The xp boost item you can get from it

I really want the xp boosters more than anything to help speed up leveling the pets. If anything, I can make a list/strategy for each Beast and make teams accordingly. I've seen 2 strats so far that I haven't been able to test yet due to not having the pets leveled up all the way. One is to use a roach and 2 water strider pets to heal/outlast until a meteor hits. The other is to use the 3 zandalari raptors with hunting party/black claw. If anyone has any others, I'd like to know.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 23rd, 2013, 12:31 am

i'd say that there'll be no universal team anymore. however for anything that we can't find a reliable team for or that can't be downed (brute force) in 15 rounds, i'd try a bug team with avoiders or healers.

Shinsui

Post by Shinsui » May 25th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Updated my original post to instead of having a question, its now a mini guide for what I do for each beast. Not every combo is 100% reliable yet. I hope to have reliable teams soon as I level more pets to 25

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » May 26th, 2013, 5:29 am

I use three teams since the BoF pets are basically 3 types - Beasts, Critters and Aquatics.

Against Beasts - Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot, Darkmoon Tonk, Clockwork Gnome
Against Critters - Zandalari Anklerender, Zandalari Kneebiter, Zandalari Footslasher
Against Aquatics - Crow, Sprite Darter Hatchling, Gilnean Raven

I have not done the dailies much, actually only once this patch just to get the achievement. I will test later if 3 Zandalari Raptor pets can be used against all 10 BoF.

Edit: Adding data on 3 Zandalari Raptors vs all 10 BoF. It worked against many of the BoF but not all. Dos-Ryga, Lucky Yi, Ka'wi the Gorger, Greyhoof, Nitun and Ti'un the Wanderer are easy kills if you use the raptors. Primal Cry, Black Claw and Hunting Party... bam, BoF dead.

Kafi - Very RNG heavy and Kafi hits too hard, it can be done but you will need all 3 Raptor pets to defeat him.

No-No - Greatly dependent on what ability No-No will use first and this fight is RNG heavy. No-No's Tailslap and Dive only has 80% hit chance but they hit hard when they land. Not easily defeated using these 3 Raptors.

Gorespine - Another RNG heavy fight. Open the fight with Primal Cry, then Black Claw followed by Hunting Party. Gorespine will kill the first Raptor, especially when he hits using Rip. Swap second Raptor in, use Hunting Party to apply the Shattered Defenses debuff on Gorespine while Black Claw from the first Raptor is still on him. Second Raptor's Hunting Party in many cases killed Gorespine. On several occasions I had to use all 3 Raptors to put him down. There was one instance that I only needed one Raptor to kill him.

Skitterer Xi'a - Not an easy fight. Xi'a hits hard and 2 of his abilities have 100% hit chance, the 3rd one has a 95% hit chance. I only won 3 battles out of the 10 I had against him today. I will not advise using 3 Raptors against Xi'a, definitely not the most efficient team against him. It was way faster to kill him using my Flyer/Darkness team.
Last edited by Basti on May 26th, 2013, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Phraide
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Phraide » May 26th, 2013, 7:31 am

This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

This strategy should grant you a kill on turn 6 or 7.

Team :
1: Unborn Val'kyr (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren water spirit (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius (1,1,2)

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
Round 2: Curse of Doom
Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
Switch to Pandaren water spirit
Round 3: Geyser
Round 4: Whirlpool
Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
Round 6: Howl
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit.

Shinsui

Post by Shinsui » May 26th, 2013, 6:21 pm

that sounds like an interesting team. I don't have the water spirit or the valkyrie yet so I cant test it, but as soon as I do I'll see how reliable it is

Alcanta
Pet Score:3094
BattleTag®:Angra#2750
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Alcanta » May 26th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Actually there is an universal team for legendary beasts. You can beat all beasts of fable with three pets. Two pets with explodes (any two from Darkmoon Zeppelin, Pet Bombling, Minfernal, Netherspace Abyssal and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling) and Chrominius. You will beat all beasts except No-no and sometimes Lucky Yi and Dos'Ryga in 4 rounds. Those two with heals will need one more run, and 2-3 more rounds for No-no since he has Dive and thing that protects from 2 attacks.
Explode, Explode, Howl, Surge of Power. Very easy. For Lucky Yi and Dos'Ryga, use Bite after Howl and before Surge of Power if they healed. Usually not needed for Lucky Yi because he heals himself in first round.
Last edited by Guest on May 26th, 2013, 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 26th, 2013, 11:00 pm

Seems the majority of your damage there comes from Howl+surge of power and not really the explodees.

Alcanta
Pet Score:3094
BattleTag®:Angra#2750
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Alcanta » May 26th, 2013, 11:02 pm

1300 damage from explodes and rest from Surge of Power.

Klunketh
Pet Score:2429
Realm:Al'Akir-eu

Post by Klunketh » May 27th, 2013, 5:01 am

For Lucky you only need a Baby Ape

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » May 27th, 2013, 11:28 am

Phraide thanks for the team composition for Nitun. When it simply destroyed my rather reliable team 3 times, I made a team of 2 mechs and a bird. It worked (barely :D) but still.
PS are there any flyers with animal attacks?
Last edited by Delinda on May 30th, 2013, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » May 27th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Phraide wrote:This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

Team :

Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.

For Dos-Ryga, cast some Shadow Slashes, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension > Curse of doom > etc...). The goal is to stall for a bit with the Shadow Slashes to have the enemy's Whirlpool detonate on your Val'kyr's last turn instead of your Pandaren water spirit.
Thank you for this, it is an epic set-up. I just blasted my way through all the beasts.

Only issues were Kafi, who stunned Chrominius on the howl round and forced another try, and Ka'Wi who trapped my Spirit, which just meant the bombs went off without howl and needed to be backed up with Surge.

Shinsui

Post by Shinsui » May 27th, 2013, 9:23 pm

Delinda wrote:Shinsui thanks for the team composition for Nitun. When it simply destroyed my rather reliable team 3 times, I made a team of 2 mechs and a bird. It worked (barely :D) but still.
PS are there any flyers with animal attacks?
Glad I could help you out.

To answer your question I assume you mean Beast attacks, in which case you may want to check out a bat pet (minus the vampire bat b/c its undead). That pet has the Bite ability

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » May 27th, 2013, 9:44 pm

2 mech's for Nitun was awesome. Dos-Rayga I used Scourged Whelp's Darkness instead. Just an idea. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tips!!

Casdon
Pet Score:2189
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Casdon » May 28th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Phraide wrote:This is my generic team, which should work well against the majority of the BoF. The goal of this team is to set up a mix of bombs which will detonate on the same turn, under a Howl (+100% damage). You will deliver 100% of your damage at the same time: this way, the enemies won't be able to react and mitigate the damage with their powerful heals.

Team :

Your Unborn Val'kyr dies

Amazing setup, I was able to 1 shot the entire BOF. Thanks for all the help, I did level these pets and a few others just to get around how tough they got, but this team is the best.

Taril
Pet Score:1949
Realm:Khadgar-eu

Post by Taril » May 30th, 2013, 9:44 am

Just did all of BoF using part of a team I was setting up for it.

Celestial Dragon
Chrominius
Chrominius

The team I was setting up for was 3x Chrominius which by the fact that 2 can get nearly all of them down, a third would make sure of it.

Probably on the same level as the Cockroach + 2 Healers Apocalypse method, but faster and viable against all BoF battles (Some do too much damage for Apocalypse)

Howl > Surge of Power > Surge of Power (From auto-swap when the first one dies)
Howl > Bite > Surge of Power > Surge of Power (For ones that don't do too much damage)

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 30th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Team :

Your Unborn Val'kyr dies

I found this team really does one shot most of the BoF NPCs, but I had to switch to different teams for fights with CC/avoidance.

Just some examples of fights where this team didn't work for me: No-No with his dam and dive disrupted the debuff placement, Kafi can potentially stun and also mess up the rotation. One fight that I lucked out with RNG, but could also be a pain while trying to use this team, Ka'wi and his rooting debuff.

It's a good setup and I like watching the BoF health just drop in one turn (so much fun!), but like all fights, it's really all about the RNG. >_<

Also, since you're basically using the same three pets for each encounter, you'll need to stay stocked up on bandages if you don't want to wait for the healing cd to finish between each fight. For newer battlers who don't have a hefty stockpile of bandages yet, this might be a small roadblock.

Anyway, just my observations. Definitely adding this team to my favorites list. :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com