5.3 changes ridiculous Blizz overkill

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Elewis
MVP
Pet Score:7758
Realm:Dalaran-us
5.3 changes ridiculous Blizz overkill

Post by Elewis » May 22nd, 2013, 10:53 am

I don't know about you but I am so tired of Blizz overkill just to please a few elitist. I've been playing since the 1st month. These new pet changes mean we have to go back and re-think everything which I'm used to doing but come on. I log in today and I try my hand at dos ryga only to find my gilnean raven is green and a differnt breed. A bug? probably but if you havent figured out by now alot of "bugs" are ones blizz leaves in until they nerf it. Then I find that dos ryga has a buff that he only takes half damage? Nit un is now impossible for me. Except for a few elite pet collectors with their spread sheets, most of us will be weeks getting the new achieve. At least 1.5 million people have had it since January. My server is empty and I have had it too. Its an endless cycle of overkill - nerf. Call me when blizz puts in their nerf. Should be a couple of weeks. I may come back.

Livingdeath
Top Rater
Pet Score:3525
BattleTag®:Doctor#1657
Realm:Lightninghoof-us

Re: 5.3 changes ridiculous Blizz overkill

Post by Livingdeath » May 22nd, 2013, 11:16 am

I don't complain much when Blizz does stuff like this, but this is ridiculous.

I usually do Pandaria dailies, spirit tamers, BoF. It usually takes me a few hours flying around everywhere. Yesterday it took nearly 6 hours. The Beast of Fables buff wasn't in the patch notes and I was blindsided by this. The time necassary to run these everyday is obscene. I have already stopped PvP and PvE for pet leveling everyday, now I have to give up even more time each day. And the thing that really got my ire is after doing all these dailies all I got was 1 stone and a Snowy Panda. Where was that buff to loot?

And since I also ran Raiding with Leashes 2 yesterday and did not get even one drop... Lets just say I am pretty damn annoyed.

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » May 22nd, 2013, 11:50 am

My 2 cents:

BOFable are super tough now ..yes but it seems that was needed since they were little to no challenge before
---
I like that they are now worth 3 rewards daily
----
I love the extra valor points
----
The other rewards are a mish-mash:
*- Pet experience buffs are cool for alts and combined with a safari hat will help us level alts =cool

*- The upgrade to green stones(polished) seem dumb/meh to me but I guess i'd rather have an UC minifernal
than common or poor so whatever

*- Stones were dropping like crazy for me yesterday from tamers, Pandaren spirits and pvp (polished) so
I'm all happy and good if that trend continues

I got a metal leash- didnt try it but again-meh

Loved the big jump in pvp traffic ..waited 20 seconds only between battles

seems like overkill overall I agree .. but patience y'all ... someone will post a winning combo vs the BOF pets soon i'm sure

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Zeemonster424 » May 22nd, 2013, 12:07 pm

The big problem is the BoFs that heal. Yeah, they have half health, yeah they now take 50% less damage, which about evens them out right? WRONG!

So you use 1 pet to get it down to around 1k, which is perfectly doable, and then it heals to full again. Especially with Dos-Ryga, it almost seems impossible. WHY BLIZZARD, WHY! I'm glad to see this post though, because I was afraid I was the only one having trouble.

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » May 22nd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Strange enough I had no problems with Dos-Ryga

The one I had the most problems with was Nitun.
I finally beat him with the Darkmoon Zeppelin, the Disgusting oozeling, and the Clockwork Gnome.
Burned through a full stack of bandages before I had him :s
The trick I found is in swapping pets before they are killed, which is kind of HARD 0.o

Exel
Pet Score:2852
Realm:Auchindoun-eu

Post by Exel » May 22nd, 2013, 2:56 pm

Tryed Dos-Ryga and Nittun today and didn't notice much difference. Vampiric Batling, Darkmoon Monkey for aquatics and critters respectively.

I don't see it as a buff, really, they take half damage but have half the health - same thing.

Dtail
Top Rater
Pet Score:4767
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Dtail » May 22nd, 2013, 3:17 pm

Call Darkness works pretty well against Dos-Ryga's heals. Crow, Gilnean Raven and Ghostly Skull with "Spectral Strike" and "Unholy Ascension" took him out in first try.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » May 23rd, 2013, 6:06 am

TBH, I havent really noticed any jump in difficulty on Dos Ryga today morning. I did my usual Zandalari Kneebiter: Black Claw, Hunting Party, Bloodfang and when dead I switched to some moth with Alpha Strike and Moth Dust (in that order). DosRyga dead. There is no way you lose (well, you can get screwed royally by RNG but thats it).

Bistromath
Pet Score:3055
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Bistromath » May 23rd, 2013, 7:45 am

Elewis wrote:I don't know about you but I am so tired of Blizz overkill just to please a few elitist. I've been playing since the 1st month. These new pet changes mean we have to go back and re-think everything which I'm used to doing but come on. I log in today and I try my hand at dos ryga only to find my gilnean raven is green and a differnt breed. A bug? probably but if you havent figured out by now alot of "bugs" are ones blizz leaves in until they nerf it. Then I find that dos ryga has a buff that he only takes half damage? Nit un is now impossible for me. Except for a few elite pet collectors with their spread sheets, most of us will be weeks getting the new achieve. At least 1.5 million people have had it since January. My server is empty and I have had it too. Its an endless cycle of overkill - nerf. Call me when blizz puts in their nerf. Should be a couple of weeks. I may come back.
Your deal with your Raven changing breeds and being a green sounds like a bug.

I have no problems killing the revamped Fabled Beasts, all it took is changing what pets I use to fight them with. And I would suggest that before you start crying about changes cause you cant beat these pets, you try adapting the changes. Also just because others can do something you cant does not mean they are Elitists with spread sheets. Maybe you should stop playing wow, and try Candyland it sounds more your speed, you wont have to worry about elitists changes.

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » May 23rd, 2013, 2:47 pm

I was not happy with the BoF changes. For myself the hardest one was Tiun. I normally use an all moth team. I split between DoT damage and burst damage with the dust. I noticed two markedly different things. One when Tiun is shell shielded my slot 1,1 attack does at best 6 points of damage. The half damage coupled with the shell shield makes that attack nie in worthless. Secondly his Tidal wave attack that used to hit for between 120 and 150 is now hitting for between 150 and 185.

So in the next buff changes did Blizzard move some stats a bit?

It took me about 8 to 10 tries. I wound up using harder hitting attacks to overcome the shield?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 24th, 2013, 9:45 am

Wasnt really that difficult to beat imo. None took over 3 times and I did not use Life Exchange. Just stack the appropiate counterpets.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » May 24th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Prior to 5.3 everyone was saying how Beasts of Fable were a Joke cause they were so easy.

Think about it... We havent been playing 5.3 for a week yet. Don't you think by this coming tuesday enough ppl will have posted strats to beat Nitrun and gang?

So you might lose sometimes to an elite pet. Kinda sounds the way it should be.

Pet PVE was more of a grind than a challenge up until now.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 24th, 2013, 9:42 pm

Elewis wrote:I log in today and I try my hand at dos ryga only to find my gilnean raven is green and a differnt breed. A bug?
Sounds it. My raven was fine. Though I haven't really paid attention to breed, so I didn't even know it came in different breeds.
Then I find that dos ryga has a buff that he only takes half damage?
I did it with raven/crow combo. I didn't even need the third pet.
Nit un is now impossible for me.
Honestly, I had to see what other peeps were doing on that fight myself, but it was doable once I swapped my team up. However, I realize not everyone has a collection like mine, so you probably need to level a few pets special to do these fights.

Level a fox, and a couple spiders. Dazzling dance for speed to all of your team, and a bite or two to damage him. Your spiders will go first, brittle webbing so he damages himself when attacking and is webbed. spiderling swarm for extra damage to webbed opponents. I was dumb and let him kill my pets, but I still beat him.
At least 1.5 million people have had it since January.
1.3, and that's because the MMO market in China is picking up. Age of Wushu is one of them. It isn't my thing, but it looked nice and that's probably got a lot of players.

Tom4
Pet Score:3569
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Tom4 » May 25th, 2013, 12:23 am

Any Roach with Apocalypse takes all of them down ( I also use Anubisath Idol and Celestial Dragon), but I have always had trouble using this approach on Kafi. After 5.3, I find it is impossible. He hits harder than ever, and none of the pets can stand up more than 3 rounds.

Sansserene
Top Rater
Pet Score:2748
Realm:Cenarius-us

Post by Sansserene » May 25th, 2013, 3:40 pm

Pacer wrote:After the patch all my saved teams from the addon was gone and I had to come up with new teams. Put together 3 teams, one for each BoF type and I one shot them all so I dont see what the big deal is.
Luciandk wrote:Wasnt really that difficult to beat imo. None took over 3 times and I did not use Life Exchange. Just stack the appropiate counterpets.
Bistromath wrote:I have no problems killing the revamped Fabled Beasts, all it took is changing what pets I use to fight them with.
It's nice that you haven't had any problems but, instead of just stating that, maybe you could make suggestions so as to help those that ARE having trouble?

Jeykama
Realm:Frostwolf-us

Post by Jeykama » May 25th, 2013, 4:42 pm

I just assembled my teams on the fly since none of my team addons work at the moment.

Nitun - 3 undead pets to completely counter Ravage: eg Scourged Whelpling, Blighthawk, Ghostly Skull (Spectral Strike team)
Ka'wi - nothing special, blazed him with cats and flayers
Lucky Yi - Worg (Dazzling Dance,Howl), Feline Familiar (Call Darkness, Pounce), Scourged Whelpling. Use Dazzling Dance, try to set up burst with Howl, and keep Call Darkness up.
Xi'a - Call Darkness anti-aquatic team: Gilnean Raven, Brilliant Kaliri, Ghostly Skull
Greyhoof - mechanical anti-beast team: Clockwork Gnome w/turrets, Darkmoon Zepp, Darkmoon Tonk (ion cannon ftw)
Gorespine - mechanical anti-beast team: Clockwork Gnome w/rocket, Darkmoon Zepp, Darkmoon Tonk
Ti'un ; Call Darkness Nocturnal Strike nuke team: Gilnean Raven, Brilliant Kaliri, Crow
Kafi - mechanical anti-beast team: Clockwork Gnome w/turrets, Darkmoon Zepp, Darkmoon Tonk
Dos-Ryga - Call Darkness Nocturnal Strike nuke team: Gilnean Raven, Brilliant Kaliri, Crow (a little RNG based on whirlpool)
No-No - Call Darkness Nocturnal Strike nuke team: Gilnean Raven, Brilliant Kaliri, Crow

You might see a trend :P

Phraide
Pet Score:1785
Realm:Cho'gall-eu

Post by Phraide » May 25th, 2013, 6:11 pm

Team :
1: Unborn Val'kyr (1,2,2)
2: Pandaren water spirit (1,2,2)
3: Chrominius (1,1,2)

Round 1: Unholy Ascension
Your Unborn Val'kyr resurrects
Round 2: Curse of Doom
Your Unborn Val'kyr dies
Switch to Pandaren water spirit
Round 3: Geyser
Round 4: Whirlpool
Round 5: Switch to Chrominius
Round 6: Howl
At the end of this turn, Curse of Doom, Geyser and Whirlpool detonate at the same time with a +125% boost (25% from Unholy Ascension and 100% from Howl). The enemy takes a truckload of damage and is stunned.
Round 7: Surge of Power if the enemy is still alive

For Dos-Ryga, cast a Shadow Slash on round 1, then proceed as explained above (Unholy ascension round 2, Curse of doom round 3, etc....). This way, the enemy's Whirlpool will detonate on your Val'kyr instead of your Pandaren water spirit.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » May 25th, 2013, 6:35 pm

Here's what I used against the BoF NPCs, in no particular order. I usually started out with the fox to get the 100% dmg taken debuff out. These aren't foolproof teams, but I was successful with each one.

Against the Critter BoF NPCs -
  • - Curious Wolvar Pup
    • attacks: 2; 1 or 2; 2
    - Flayer Youngling
    • attacks: 2; 2; 2 (used Kick on Nitun instead of 2nd choice)
    - Alpine Foxling
    • attacks: 1; 2; 1
Against the Aquatic BoF NPCs -
  • - Alpine Foxling
    • attacks: 2; 2; 1
    - Two moth pets with high power
    • attacks: 2; 1; 2
Against the Beast BoF NPCs -
  • - Darkmoon Tonk
    • attacks: 1; 1; 2
    - Darkmoon Zeppelin
    • attacks: 1; 2; 2
    - Dark Animus
    • attacks: 1; 1; 2
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 26th, 2013, 12:51 am

Try a H/P Menagerie Custodian instead of a Darkmoon Tonk. I find it performs much better. Especially on a hard hitter like gorespine. Being able to go first with your powermoves is a godsend thanks to Overtune.

Menagerie Custodian have a similar loadout to Darkmoon Tonk, sharing the two power moves Shock and Awe, and Ion Cannon. But also having a better stat spread. More points in attack, less points wasted in speed. And yet with Overtune you will outspeed all the beasts of fable, which is what makes the MC dramatically pull ahead.