PetPlanner - Wild Pet Collection Spreadsheet

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mythrienne
Pet Score:6320
Realm:Dalaran-us
PetPlanner - Wild Pet Collection Spreadsheet

Post by Mythrienne » August 22nd, 2012, 3:45 pm

Hello, first time posting here, though I've been a member of the site for quite some time.

While getting ready for Mists and planning my strategy for collecting all the new wild battle pets, I put together this spreadsheet, which I thought I'd share here in case others might find it useful.

It's basically a fairly simple list of all capturable wild pets, ordered by pet level and zone, with details on spawn conditions and such, set up so I can check off which pets I've collected, and the highest rarity I've found. There's also an indicator for pets which are unique to a zone.

All data was taken from the in-game Pet Journal as of build 16004, with the exception of pet levels per zone, which I took from the Battlepedia wiki at [url]http://www.finishlast.com/wiki/Main_Page[/url].

Here's the link to the spreadsheet: [url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17985497/PetPlanner.xlsx[/url]

(I'm also working on an "upgraded" version with a macro that will update the collected status and highest rarity found for all instances of a pet... so for example, if I capture a common Alpine Hare in Dun Morogh and mark it on the spreadsheet, the listing for Alpine Hare on the Kalimdor tab under Winterspring will also be marked, and so on. If there's any interest, I'll post the upgraded version when it's done as well.)

Feedback on any errors is very welcome. :)

Uraa
Pet Score:11608
Realm:Draka-us

Re: PetPlanner - Wild Pet Collection Spreadsheet

Post by Uraa » August 22nd, 2012, 4:20 pm

This looks super-special awesome... except that I can't see it. What program did you use to create the file, because my computer hasn't any kind of clue what a ".xlsx" file is. It will download, but my computer can't unzip the file. Is it a Windows/PC-only thing, because that may be my problem as well (since my Mac is reacting like its just boggled out of its processor). :D

Mythrienne

Post by Mythrienne » August 22nd, 2012, 4:45 pm

Oops, my apologies. I should have noted in the original post: It's an Excel 2007 file. I'm pretty sure you can open it in older versions of Excel, as well as in Open Office Calc, though you'll have to right-click on the file and choose "Open With" to do so.

But, just to be on the safe side, I uploaded the Open Office version as well:

[url]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17985497/PetPlanner.ods[/url]

Hope that helps!

Uraa

Post by Uraa » August 22nd, 2012, 5:43 pm

Its just a regular ol' XL File? Then my computer just hates Pet Battles and spreadsheets associated with such, since it refuses to open even when I force the issue. When I do, it gives me something akin to this:

Ÿ∂Èy¸ ∂d4Í√_·;ÜTÌBx#ò∫s∏çˆáœ∂ fiAc≠dJXë§Py-ÀîºûûÓv$@√eŒ%!%= 9d∑7˚gh∏±á∞™;¨äƒîT∆t†Â™§›)înπ±°.i«≈ôó@„(J®æ‘ ŸL38Ê)—«‹÷?ıù≠¸∑∂*äZ¿£o-Hs•˝P˙åı¢\ó`R2¶ê;ª–zfµ0à≥]fÎÇa±O¨∏ܸ≈h€Ü8›’,Ì¢Ò
3v»2¶~ö&v¡0üŒåïáa.òdaòƒ√ºZɶoÏt_ˆwÏ™øYÿåçÜŸ—Îo“ %%àa@Oé\$]$kü ˇhÿµÊfi'å±ˇL~!÷Ò—–Ÿ«ñ}ˇˇPK!BWŸ€h’xl/workbook.xmlåî]oõ0ÜÔ'Ì?P+RØV¿˘lîPu˝–™J]µủ·ìb≈ÿ»vñ‰flÔ@Çk∏…Æ¿pŒs>fiWªRF¡X°’í§ â@Âöıæ$ø^ÓøÃHdSúI≠`Iˆ`…Uˆ˘”b´Õ˙è÷Π.I·\5ècõP2{°+P¯f•M…Õ{l+倿ï2¶I2âK&9ÊÊzµ9‹Í|SÇrà…∂oQYí-VB¬Îa¢àU’+±Ôù$ëd÷›q·Ä/…èzùfS}›Yø'g~»g·N‡Äz)Ñ};NO"+∂ëÓ«n´‚Èà“ÜPØËU¿÷~¿Íc¥{äÎ-ñö· ˜ÌÈ€ÊÕõ‡ÆXö§È∏}ˆ
ƒ{·üŒhR˜¯f±X¶πF™ô˙'£¢GîìΓ¢ñı˙pƒîDf.∆<¥fÖyèLäíkƒ” ûˆ„øoúDè·∏_èˆ√ü¥qÖÅNÈF˝ÑÊX.˜∂*LÇÑq?·πv¨,àÒç4·¿O⁄°±?∂ÉƘ›L˚[Ï&àù‚ΩcMVŒ

Yeah. Makes no sense to me either. Thank you so much for putting it in an open office format for me, although that worked out pretty much the same as above. Alas.

Is anyone else on a Mac having a similar issue? I hope not, so that I can swipe a way to open this spreadsheet that Mythrienne has so kindly created that looks so cool in my imagination. :D

Mythrienne

Post by Mythrienne » August 22nd, 2012, 6:18 pm

Damn, I've no idea what the problem could be, sorry about that.

Still, there is one more option to try. I've imported the spreadsheet into Google Docs, here:

[url]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ar2UyMWXRkrudEtUYVJ3QkhzLXBhaVozdE51aHIySnc[/url]

The little drop-down lists where you could select rarity (Poor, Common, etc) were lost in the transition, but all the data seems to be there, and hopefully your computer won't hate it. You should be able to download your own copy to mess around with from there.

*crosses fingers*

Uraa

Post by Uraa » August 22nd, 2012, 6:52 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

VICTORY!!!!!

Oh, I can use that, certainly. Thank you so very, very much! Seems my computer has no reason to reject Google documents. Come to mama, Battlepet List!

Mythrienne

Post by Mythrienne » August 22nd, 2012, 7:00 pm

Whew, glad that worked. Happy pet collecting! :)

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » August 27th, 2012, 9:52 pm

Oh thank you for this! Exactly what I was wanting to plan out my collecting.
Mingyao on Madoran

Radnok
Pet Score:4023
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Radnok » August 28th, 2012, 10:48 am

Spreadsheet opened fine on my laptop, which is running Excel 2007. This is an excellent spreadsheet, and I appreciate your efforts in putting it together. Many thanks.
Radnok (Alliance/Kilrogg)
Igasho/Pandirella (Horde/Madoran)

Saxonae
Pet Score:1446
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Saxonae » September 10th, 2012, 5:23 am

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your hard work. It opened just fine on Open Office.

Rhannos
Pet Score:10359
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Rhannos » September 10th, 2012, 7:08 am

Thanks a lot for the spreadsheet, very well done!

I do have a suggestion/request though. It's meant for the more insane collectors/trainers that want to collect all the pets and train them to lvl 25 (me included ;) ) :

Since captured pets keep their level (or loose 2 max), it would be nice to have an extra column with the area where the highest level of a certain non-unique pet spawns. So you can catch it there and save leveling time. (for example: the adder spawns in several lvl 1-2 zones, but at its highest in Nagrand (lvl 18) )

Drake713
Pet Score:3043
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Drake713 » September 10th, 2012, 11:07 am

I actually already have that on my spreadsheet, feel free to take it.

Arji
MVP
Pet Score:11906
BattleTag®:Arji#2548
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Arji » September 27th, 2012, 7:28 am

Exciting!

Just fell into this thread, curious on how well you're doing with it on the live server.
Currently I can't grab the dropbox-Version as it's blocked here (work)
I'll make sure to grab it at home.

On this other link I couldn't spot the information Rhannos requested. (About where you find the highest Pet Level of one Pet)
Maybe I am just a bit blind here ...or did you mean some other spreadsheet Drake? anyway, I would love that info too!

Happy Hunting!

EDIT: Ah I get it .. found the Thread with the other Spreadsheet http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... 3786#p3565
°° Swiss (-German) °° @Home on Lothar (EU) Horde [German] and
Silvermoon (EU) Alliance [English] (EU warcraftpets Guild)