5.3 changes + Dos-Ryga = ohholycrap

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kaycie
Pet Score:9851
BattleTag®:kaycied#1324
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us
5.3 changes + Dos-Ryga = ohholycrap

Post by Kaycie » May 21st, 2013, 10:31 pm

So rofl needing an all new strat for this stupid fish my old team can't out dps his healing. (explain that one too me they nerf half his health but still let him heal for 700+)

Finally beat it but it required two call darkness dragons and a darkmoon hatchling (trample is still nice on a high speed pet)

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: 5.3 changes + Dos-Ryga = ohholycrap

Post by Tahsfenz » May 21st, 2013, 10:41 pm

The only one I had trouble with was Nitun. Took about 5 or 6 combos to find one that worked then I solo'd him. The heals and shields are a bit tougher to deal with, but all and all, I think the buff was needed. I actually felt a bit challenged. Some came down to one hit with some bad RNG in there. Some are still jokes. Will take a few days before I find combos I'm happy with.

Petal
MVP
Pet Score:13678
BattleTag®:Petal#1921
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Petal » May 21st, 2013, 10:48 pm

I used a roach and two water striders. Did not try to even damage him. Opened with roach's Armageddon, switch to healers and just try and survive until the meteor comes down and kills him. :)

Shotsy
Top Rater
Pet Score:4466
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Shotsy » May 21st, 2013, 10:59 pm

I logged out on him and swore to cancel my account for the third time this year. They really just need to leave well enough alone and stop trying to appease the elitists with too many hours to play this game a day.

Duroxas
Top Rater
Pet Score:6333
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Duroxas » May 21st, 2013, 11:06 pm

I swapped in a raven with Call Darkness with my nuking fliers, but that didn't cut it at ALL. Ugh, this is painfull. Might have to give that cockroach stall a try.

*edit* Barely managed it after putting my Scourge Whelpling on the team as well. uuuggghhhhhhh that sucked

Alzamora
Top Rater
Pet Score:4051
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Alzamora » May 22nd, 2013, 7:01 am

This guy is hard as hell now to say the least. I will find a team to beat him. Think I need to power level my roach asap, and try for the apoc kill.

Rainbowk
Top Rater
Pet Score:9784
BattleTag®:Rain#1575
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Rainbowk » May 22nd, 2013, 7:14 am

They have made this guy virtually unbeatable. Why? Blizz? Why? Is this necessary? I understand a challenge but this is insane. I have used 20 pet bandages and still have not found a team that comes even close. Come on! He heals himself completely! What gives?

Not a happy camper!

EDIT:

Used Gilnean Raven, Sandy Patrel and a Wildhammer gryphon hatchling... Took me about 25 tries to down it. Needless to say I will not be doing this daily again! Bad Blizz!

Alzamora
Top Rater

Post by Alzamora » May 22nd, 2013, 8:06 am

Yeah I just skipped him for now, I will come back after I've finished every other one.

Roguekittiekat
Pet Score:6899

Post by Roguekittiekat » May 22nd, 2013, 10:07 am

I literally just spent the entire 15 mins before restarts trying to beat Gorespine. I did it just fine yesterday but using the same team today he just smeared them. I even tried swapping out some different tactics and I just can't seem to get that last 100 health down.

I thought the whole purpose of breaking them up into 3 quests was so people would want to do them but with the new "elite" buff they have that gives them a 50% damage reduction, our pets just can't trade equally in comparison. The only ones I feel that are still normal are No-no and Ti-kun.

I really hope this is just the "growing pains" of the new patch because if it stays this way I won't continue to do these.

On a good note though, I have gotten two magic family stones!

Ebil
Pet Score:11957
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Ebil » May 22nd, 2013, 11:33 am

I am not a very good pet battler but this has been working for me so far with the beast of fable pets.

I start off with the Wildhammer Gryphon Hatchling
Using Squawk followed by Flock.
After Flock ends I go to my kill pet for both Dos-Ryga and Nitun I used an upgraded Tranquil Mechanical Yeti.
At this point which ever beast of fable pet you are working with still should have one stack of the double dmg debuff on them. I use Ion Cannon which on Nitun did over 1000k dmg on him. I don't know if it was a glitch or not but he did not get the heal after killing my pet the second time. At that point he only had about 150hp left and was an easy kill for my last pet.

I know there are alot of different pets from different pet families that have an ability like Flock so a person does not have to use the hatchling to do this. The goal is to get the double dmg debuff which will bring your pet back up to their normal dmg for a round or two. This worked really well with Dos-ryga because flock does more dmg to aquatic pets. I hope this helps anyone having problems.

Edit:

For Gorespine I switched out the Wildhammer Gryphon for Fjord Worg Pup and used Howl. I did this because the shield Gorespine uses causes him not to take any dmg from flock so the debuff did not get applied.
Last edited by Ebil on May 22nd, 2013, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeemonster424
Top Rater
Pet Score:10893
BattleTag®:Zerou#1674
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Zeemonster424 » May 22nd, 2013, 12:09 pm

Petal Nesingwary wrote:I used a roach and two water striders. Did not try to even damage him. Opened with roach's Armageddon, switch to healers and just try and survive until the meteor comes down and kills him. :)
I'd like to say I tried this, and it worked! Remember, the roach will survive the Apocalypse. (I know I forgot lol). It also helps with the water striders if you use Soothe, just makes the rounds go by faster!

Alzamora
Top Rater

Post by Alzamora » May 22nd, 2013, 4:01 pm

Killed him. I used Feline Familiar for Call Darkness, then switched to Tolai Hare and used stampede for the damage debuff, and finished him off with my Yeti and Ion Cannon. Got to give credit to Ebil for this combo, it worked great. Ion Cannon hit for 1600.

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Post by Basti » May 22nd, 2013, 4:59 pm

I used Gilnean Raven, Crow and Sprite Darter Hatchling against Dos-Ryga - all are fliers so they are very good against him. Call Darkness, Squawk, Nocturnal Strike and Alpha Strike. If he happens to kill my Raven and Crow, I still have my Sprite Darter to finish the job.

On Nitun, use your Zandalari Raptor pets. Black Claw and Hunting Party seemed to do the trick for me.

Linsang
Pet Score:2634
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Linsang » May 23rd, 2013, 2:30 am

Hi,
Just wanted to confirm , after wiping a few times with other combos, that keeping Call Darkness up to reduce those heals is the way to go.
I used Scourged Whelpling followed by Effervescent Glowfly. Had Miniwing as third pet but didn't need him.

Charrmin
Pet Score:4308
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Charrmin » May 23rd, 2013, 3:06 am

I am having so much trouble with this Battle - Dos-Ryga - I have tried several different ways to try and defeat it but still can't. I survived the 15 rounds waiting for Apocalypse but it didn't dmg him at all. Any other suggestions?

Krool
Top Rater
Pet Score:10363
BattleTag®:Krool#1722
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Krool » May 23rd, 2013, 4:09 am

I ran through the new BoF quests for the first time. Like Tahsfenz, the only one that gave me major problem was Nitun.

For Dos-Ryga, use Gilnean Raven and two 300+ Power Moths. The only change to my pre-5.3 strat was that I kept Call of Darkness up to cut down on his healing.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » May 23rd, 2013, 6:19 am

Alright guys. If you cant figure out how to beat him, this may help you:

1) get a pet that puts a debuff on him that makes him take 100% more damage (Zandalari raptors or just about any critter)
2) get 2 moths with base speed higher than 287 and use APlha Strike, Moth Dust and Cocoon Strike

3) You kill him and dont even realize he is any harder

Trael
Pet Score:8802
Realm:Azuremyst-us

Post by Trael » May 23rd, 2013, 6:27 am

confirmed the roach theory. used a lvl 22 locust, lvl 25 scourged whelpling and a lvl 25 oasis moth. :) thanks for the tip, was about to throw my laptop at the wall. lol