The Longest Day achievement

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us
Re: The Longest Day achievement

Post by Ruzgofdi » May 22nd, 2013, 9:31 am

Dash wrote:
Ruzgofdi wrote:It's the Safari Hat all over again.
Does this mean each and every one of your char will be mailed a stone when it's fixed? :3
While that would be awesome, I have my doubts that Blizz would do that. I was mostly making a comment that this is not the first time a pet battle achievement has failed to deliver it's reward when completed.

Moksu
Pet Score:2148
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Moksu » May 22nd, 2013, 1:31 pm

Ruzgofdi wrote:It's the Safari Hat all over again. Achievement completed, no stone sent to me.
What type of pets you used to get this achievement done? :o

Dawayn
MVP
Pet Score:4305
BattleTag®:Dawayn#2413
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Dawayn » May 22nd, 2013, 2:59 pm

Ril wrote:there's an add on that keeps track with all dailies, i don't remember the name. it shows all satchrel tamers as green paws, all beasts of fable as orange paws and all other dailies as blue paws on the world map. i guess i'll just keep track of my progress and plan my route by looking at the map.
It's called Battle Pet Daily Tamer.
Perhaps it's a bit obsolete now, I believe Blizz put paws on the map too this patch :)

Alzamora
Top Rater
Pet Score:4051
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Alzamora » May 22nd, 2013, 3:26 pm

Just finished it, didn't get the stone though. Not sure what's up with that, but the achievement lives up to the name holy shit. Good luck people. :D

Mantrhax
Top Rater
Pet Score:4076
BattleTag®:Mantrhax#1413
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Mantrhax » May 22nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

I did this one today, using a addon called DAILY TAMER CHECK

and i got no stone too.. just opened a ticket

Alzamora
Top Rater
Pet Score:4051
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Alzamora » May 22nd, 2013, 4:03 pm

Yeah, I didn't get the stone either, my ticket is in.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » May 22nd, 2013, 5:53 pm

Dawayn wrote:
Ril wrote:there's an add on that keeps track with all dailies, i don't remember the name. it shows all satchrel tamers as green paws, all beasts of fable as orange paws and all other dailies as blue paws on the world map. i guess i'll just keep track of my progress and plan my route by looking at the map.
It's called [url=http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21993-BattlePetDailyTamer.html]Battle Pet Daily Tamer[/url].
Perhaps it's a bit obsolete now, I believe Blizz put paws on the map too this patch :)
The addon is still very useful. The Blizzard paws are there all the time, are all green and quite a bit smaller than the addon paws. So if you see the small green paw you either did the daily or they are the opposite faction.

The addon also shows you if they are a Sachel daily or not and the locations of the beast of fable when you have the quest(s) for those. Finally the addon tells you what level and families of pets each tamer has.

This addon is also now avaialble on Curse if you prefer to use them.

Delinda
Pet Score:4115
Realm:Fordragon-eu

Post by Delinda » May 23rd, 2013, 5:17 am

This addon saves time and effort, showing what quests need to be done on a continent. It's really useful for this achievement. I completed it yesterday and received no stone.

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » May 23rd, 2013, 5:46 am

Was it a bug? Was it a feature? I started working on this in the afternoon, and interestingly (and much to my relief), the daily reset did not reset everything and wipe out my progress, which is good because I only had a couple of tamers left to visit. I really thought "in a day" meant "a WoW day, starting at 3am and finishing at 2:59, apparently it isn't. Beware though, could be a bug and I could've been lucky.

Chassie
Realm:Nagrand-eu

Post by Chassie » May 25th, 2013, 3:52 am

I'll try today to fill my qlog with as many of the quests as possible, but not turn them in, so I can do this over a couple of days. Not 100 % sure it'll work, but I'll try.

I wonder if you can fill your alts qlogs too, if you don't have room on your preferred char? Or do it have to be on 1 char you do all these?

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » May 25th, 2013, 6:29 am

Actually thats not an addon, blizzard added it in 5.3 to help people to find the tamers.

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » May 25th, 2013, 6:44 am

I have done this achievement as well. Did not receive the stone. Made a ticket and here's what the gm did / told me:

--> She/He told me blizzard is aware of the bug, people not getting the stone
--> She/He gave me the stone.
--> She/He told me you can only get one (1) stone per account. (completing it multiple days / receiving it on multiple characters would not be possible according to the GM)

Hope this helps a little bit for the people who are still wondering to do this achievement / making tickets / hoping on multiple stones send etc.

Edit: minor typo

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » May 25th, 2013, 1:22 pm

to update from Elmarcs post above, I had the same issue, and submitted the same ticket. I got almost exactly the same reply, but no stone. Only the promise that they know what the problem is, and I should receive my stone "retroactively (sp?)) as soon as they fix it.

Hopefully, wont take them too long :)

index

Apocalyptica
Pet Score:1863
BattleTag®:Apocalyptica#1388
Realm:Shu'halo-us

Post by Apocalyptica » May 26th, 2013, 11:36 am

Completed it yesterday. Put in my ticket, still waiting on a reply. If they tell me they know about it and I don't get a stone I'll put in another ticket asking for my stone. lol I worked too hard not to get it and my little Valk is waiting to be upgraded!!!

Edit: Mine was answered and they said they sent it via in game mail and the next time I log in and out it will be there waiting for me. Did just that and it was there. Be sure to ask to have the stone sent to you and tell them your waiting to upgrade a pet. Seemed to help my case!

Klunketh
Pet Score:2429
Realm:Al'Akir-eu

Post by Klunketh » May 27th, 2013, 4:40 am

Completed it on first day, put ticket it, got my stone today :D