MoP - multiple pets / multiple toons

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladiac
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Feathermoon-us
MoP - multiple pets / multiple toons

Post by Paladiac » July 23rd, 2012, 12:45 pm

So, if I understand the latest that Bliz is saying now, when MoP drops, or the 5.04 patch (or whatever it will be) - that Bliz will merge all pets on all accounts into one, and any/all duplicate pets will then be mailed back to the individual toons.

Does this not sound kind of crazy? I do not know about any of the other collectors, but I have duplicates on all my toons - even my banker toon has 60+ pets, and my 7 level 85 toons all have a minimum of 120+ pets, as I was trying to get the collection achievements on each one of my toons.

So - all my toons are going to be getting back over 100+ pets mailed back to them? This is really going to mess up mail for weeks to come, and have no bag space to put all these. Not to mention all the other realm-mates that I would be competing with to sell off these duplicates. Aye Carumba - is it just me, or will there be a real mess on the hands of collectors who have been amassing pets on multiple toons? Am I reading this all wrong, or is it sounding like Bliz is going to be creating a real mess with this? Had Bliz made any other info available yet in this regard?

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: MoP - multiple pets / multiple toons

Post by Lysi » July 23rd, 2012, 8:32 pm

You can never be sure what will happen until a patch goes live. Honestly I don't think Blizzard even knows what's going to happen half the time. That would be crazy, there aren't even many new players right now since MoP isn't out yet, you couldn't even give them away in the starting areas.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 24th, 2012, 2:27 am

Paladiac wrote:So, if I understand the latest that Bliz is saying now, when MoP drops, or the 5.04 patch (or whatever it will be) - that Bliz will merge all pets on all accounts into one, and any/all duplicate pets will then be mailed back to the individual toons.

Does this not sound kind of crazy? I do not know about any of the other collectors, but I have duplicates on all my toons - even my banker toon has 60+ pets, and my 7 level 85 toons all have a minimum of 120+ pets, as I was trying to get the collection achievements on each one of my toons.

So - all my toons are going to be getting back over 100+ pets mailed back to them? This is really going to mess up mail for weeks to come, and have no bag space to put all these. Not to mention all the other realm-mates that I would be competing with to sell off these duplicates. Aye Carumba - is it just me, or will there be a real mess on the hands of collectors who have been amassing pets on multiple toons? Am I reading this all wrong, or is it sounding like Bliz is going to be creating a real mess with this? Had Bliz made any other info available yet in this regard?
I had the same concerns when they announced this too. Sadly, there hasn't been any extra information or details regarding this topic. Just what constitutes as an "extra" pet, will those pets be BoP or BoE, etc. All we can do at the moment is speculate and guess what will happen. Hopefully Blizzard will provide some clarification prior to the release of the expansion.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Taizzaa
Pet Score:10614
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Taizzaa » July 25th, 2012, 1:01 pm

If the vendor pets have a quality, such as poor, common, uncommon or rare, does that mean we'd have to look through the mail and see if any are rares? Or will it automatically be the best one you keep. I'm not sure how the vendor pets work that way.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » July 25th, 2012, 2:15 pm

Taizzaa wrote:If the vendor pets have a quality, such as poor, common, uncommon or rare, does that mean we'd have to look through the mail and see if any are rares? Or will it automatically be the best one you keep. I'm not sure how the vendor pets work that way.
If I'm understanding this right, those won't have a randomized quality. They are just picking out certain non-wild pets that will be good quality, but they will be the same for everyone who has them - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6080522555
Some of my best friends are imaginary…