New pvp achievments

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us
New pvp achievments

Post by Restofarian » April 9th, 2013, 10:37 pm

Ok. Just yesterday I gave a shot to poke-pvp because of the new achievments. My quest is if is it worth to start battling now or should I wait the new achievments be on live (not sure if they can track that atm).

thanks.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: New pvp achievments

Post by Tahsfenz » April 9th, 2013, 10:49 pm

I think they said wins before the achievements go live will not count. Let's hope everyone sucks as much as I do when it does!

Restofarian
Top Rater
Pet Score:4064
BattleTag®:Restofarian#1262
Realm:Azralon-us

Post by Restofarian » April 10th, 2013, 2:09 am

I do suck too... big time. lol

Sci
Top Rater
Pet Score:7805
BattleTag®:Sci#1772
Realm:Warsong-us

Post by Sci » April 10th, 2013, 5:02 am

My pessimism makes me doubt they are counting pvp wins already though I have no evidence that says so. Even though I doubt they are counting now if you get some practice in beforehand your skill will be that much further ahead of that of all the pvp pet battle newbies who are sure to spring up once the achievement is available.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » April 11th, 2013, 8:36 am

While Practice can't hurt, its probably most beneficial to aquire as many battle pets as you can. We still have to see what new pets and abilities will be nerfed for 5.3.

"Sucking" in Pet PVP is far more easier to fix, than "Sucking" in Player PVP

You have time to contemplate your move, only have 3 or a possible 6 moves to use per pet, so it is not really about quick decision making and good keyboard mouse dexterity. It is alot more about team composition, and having enough pets to choose from to make your winning team.

As strange as this sounds, one of the better preperations for expanded 5.3 pet PVP has nothing directly to do with pets at all.

MAKE GOLD!!!!!

This way, if you dont have time, or connections needed to get new raid pets, you can always buy them.