Pet Battles Will Not Require MoP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Pet Battles Will Not Require MoP

Post by Quintessence » July 16th, 2012, 7:30 pm

In case you missed it on the WarcraftPets News Page, Mumper confirmed the following:

"The feature will go live with the box release date of MoP. It will be available to all players, MoP is not required."

So I guess that means those that will be getting MoP will have to choose between leveling to 90 first or diving into Pet Battles. Tough choice! I think I'm going to go with getting to 90 before getting engrossed in Pet Battles. :P
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Feathered
Top Rater
Pet Score:5098
BattleTag®:Maleika#1571
Realm:Thorium Brotherhood-us

Re: Pet Battles Will Not Require MoP

Post by Feathered » July 16th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Quintessence wrote:In case you missed it on the WarcraftPets News Page, Mumper confirmed the following:

"The feature will go live with the box release date of MoP. It will be available to all players, MoP is not required."

So I guess that means those that will be getting MoP will have to choose between leveling to 90 first or diving into Pet Battles. Tough choice! I think I'm going to go with getting to 90 before getting engrossed in Pet Battles. :P
I agree! As much as I want to just battle I would like to get the spell to make the JC mounts before anything else.

Heartfruit
Pet Score:4362
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Heartfruit » July 17th, 2012, 6:31 am

That might also mean the pet battles may go live in 5.0 Which might give us a week or two to have fun with our pets before we clime to 90.

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » July 17th, 2012, 10:21 am

Heartfruit wrote:That might also mean the pet battles may go live in 5.0 Which might give us a week or two to have fun with our pets before we clime to 90.
They've said in a Blue post on the US forums that that will not be happening. Pet Battles will be activated on the release of MoP.

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » July 18th, 2012, 6:09 am

Quintessence wrote:In case you missed it on the WarcraftPets News Page, Mumper confirmed the following:

that's great, but it's not like blizz never went back on their word about stuff like this...

when we were gonna to fly on the old world, blizz said we would be able to fly there from the start... they even made a pun saying they "thought about making we buy an 'old weather flight' but decided not to"... yet, here we are: they did make us buy "old weather flight" (or "flight master's license) just because they decided flying in the old world should require cata...

so, by the end of the day this is great news, but I won't be surprised if they change their mind...