My Pet Collection
You've collected 0 pets
Log in to track your collection

Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
User avatar
Imthedci
 
Posts: 189
Joined: April 7th, 2012
Pet Score: 2862

Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Imthedci » July 14th, 2012, 12:44 am

Here's a list of the pets that are listed as not being able to battle...

Alliance Balloon
Argent Gruntling
Argent Squire
Chi-ji Kite
Darkmoon Balloon
Dragon Kite
Father Winter's Helper
Golden Pig
Green Balloon
Guild Herald (Both)
Guild Page (Both)
Horde Balloon
Lucky (Both)
Mr. Wiggles
Silver Pig
Soul of the Aspects
Terrible Turnip
Tuskarr Kite
Winter's Little Helper
Yellow Balloon
Yu'lon Kite

I think that I'm mostly surprised about the pig model pets. Soul of the Aspects and Terrible Turnip are unexpected, too, but the pigs are definately an unexpected addition to the list. Hopefully this will change at some time in the future.

User avatar
Jadax
Top Rater
 
Posts: 311
Joined: April 18th, 2011
Pet Score: 2939

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Jadax » July 14th, 2012, 10:24 am

I'm surprised there's no lanturns on there, or the Enchanted Broom. The geode, too.

There seems to have been some... odd decisions along the line :P

User avatar
Mortis_darkskull
 
Posts: 61
Joined: March 26th, 2012
Pet Score:

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Mortis_darkskull » July 14th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Sunscorch wrote:I'm surprised there's no lanturns on there, or the Enchanted Broom. The geode, too.

There seems to have been some... odd decisions along the line :P


the lanterns and the broom are enchanted... the baloons are inanimate objects that happen to be filled with a gas that's lighter than air lol

User avatar
Lysi
MVP
 
Posts: 405
Joined: January 21st, 2009
Pet Score: 975
Location: Isle of Demons

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Lysi » July 15th, 2012, 9:22 am

I think Blizzard shouldn't include domestic cats and dogs in the pet battles, it could get negative media attention when the expansion is released. (The mastiff hunter pet isn't the same issue, since working dogs are used in war and hunting irl. But dog fighting is a different story, it's not socially acceptable.) At one point Blizzard said humanoid kids wouldn't be included, but the pet battle page features artwork with the oracle hatchling, so I don't know what's up with that. Personally I wish they'd make the whole pet battle thing harmless duels so violence isn't an issue.
Why does sewage flow uphill leaving Undercity?

User avatar
GormanGhaste
MVP
 
Posts: 286
Joined: August 1st, 2008
Pet Score: 2985

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby GormanGhaste » July 15th, 2012, 12:20 pm

It would be better if we could catch pets from the beginning, rather than having to kill them until level 3.
Mingyao on Madoran

User avatar
Imthedci
 
Posts: 189
Joined: April 7th, 2012
Pet Score: 2862

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Imthedci » July 15th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Sadly, if people want to complain about it, they'll find something no matter what is or isn't allowed to battle.

User avatar
Feathered
Top Rater
 
Posts: 40
Joined: September 16th, 2010
Pet Score: 2960

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Feathered » July 15th, 2012, 5:35 pm

Im just happy I can battle with my Wind Rider :D It's the one pet I *REALLY* wanted to battle with.

User avatar
Piratewench
 
Posts: 10
Joined: February 25th, 2009
Pet Score: 1545

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Piratewench » August 14th, 2012, 4:06 pm

Lysi wrote:I think Blizzard shouldn't include domestic cats and dogs in the pet battles, it could get negative media attention when the expansion is released. (The mastiff hunter pet isn't the same issue, since working dogs are used in war and hunting irl. But dog fighting is a different story, it's not socially acceptable.) At one point Blizzard said humanoid kids wouldn't be included, but the pet battle page features artwork with the oracle hatchling, so I don't know what's up with that. Personally I wish they'd make the whole pet battle thing harmless duels so violence isn't an issue.


I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time how is having a dog battle any worse than having a monkey do it? They're all animals, and making any animals fight for entertainment is inhumane. But this is a video game. We're not watching them duke it out mortal kombat style, and since our pets aren't eliminated after they lose, I'm pretty sure everyone assumes that these are harmless battles where we can revive them and fix them up, good as new. So I can't relate to anyone thinking that this is a particularly violent system.

User avatar
Feathered
Top Rater
 
Posts: 40
Joined: September 16th, 2010
Pet Score: 2960

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Feathered » August 17th, 2012, 7:52 pm

Piratewench wrote:I understand where you're coming from, but at the same time how is having a dog battle any worse than having a monkey do it? They're all animals, and making any animals fight for entertainment is inhumane. But this is a video game. We're not watching them duke it out mortal kombat style, and since our pets aren't eliminated after they lose, I'm pretty sure everyone assumes that these are harmless battles where we can revive them and fix them up, good as new. So I can't relate to anyone thinking that this is a particularly violent system.


Thank you! It is just a game. I so agree with the statement that if you start excluding one species of animal you may as well exclude them all since its no different which would then eliminate the mini-game all together (which would suck, so looking forward to this). People just need to leave rl stuff to rl and game stuff to games. Would make life easier.

User avatar
Lysi
MVP
 
Posts: 405
Joined: January 21st, 2009
Pet Score: 975
Location: Isle of Demons

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Lysi » August 17th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Non-violent challenges wouldn't take away anything, and all species could play.
Why does sewage flow uphill leaving Undercity?

User avatar
Feathered
Top Rater
 
Posts: 40
Joined: September 16th, 2010
Pet Score: 2960

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Feathered » August 24th, 2012, 8:06 pm

Lysi wrote:Non-violent challenges wouldn't take away anything, and all species could play.



Violent challenges wouldn't change anything either and all species could play if people were able to leave rl issues to rl and play the game as a game. O.o

User avatar
Imthedci
 
Posts: 189
Joined: April 7th, 2012
Pet Score: 2862

Re: Pets with a Vow of Nonviolence

Postby Imthedci » August 25th, 2012, 9:39 am

Both points are valid. Let's just agree that this is one of those things that people disagree on and move along...


Return to Pet Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Nunya1955 and 6 guests