Attacks always miss

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us
Attacks always miss

Post by Aerozia » March 18th, 2013, 11:07 pm

since 5.2 EVERYTIME i pet battle against players, my attacks ALWAYS miss, i MIGHT have one or two hit in an entire match. and no matter what i get beat so badly, enemy's attacks hit me harder and crit more, even if its weak to my pet. anyone else having this problem? where do i buy the special items to make my pet dodge attacks and crit more?

Misterks

Re: Attacks always miss

Post by Misterks » March 19th, 2013, 4:02 am

Aerozia wrote:since 5.2 EVERYTIME i pet battle against players, my attacks ALWAYS miss, i MIGHT have one or two hit in an entire match. and no matter what i get beat so badly, enemy's attacks hit me harder and crit more, even if its weak to my pet. anyone else having this problem? where do i buy the special items to make my pet dodge attacks and crit more?
you have a dog?

Basti
MVP
Pet Score:3493
BattleTag®:Delubyo#1445
Realm:Elune-us

Re: Attacks always miss

Post by Basti » March 19th, 2013, 4:14 am

I do tons of pet battles, leveling my pets and the dailies and I have observed the same. Both my pets and their opponents' attacks would miss and are being dodged several times in a single battle to the point that it already annoys me. There was one battle I did, against the Flowing Spirit Tamer's fish where my attacks were dodged by the fish 4 consecutive times. My pet died because the fish's attacks landed. I was using a Darkmoon Crow against it - Call Darkness and Nocturnal Strike. Nocturnal Strike's tooltip says it will always hit if the target is blinded. Well, it did not say that the attack can be dodged though. Nice.

I have also seen my rare level 25 pet's attacks miss against a poor level 13.

I like to powerlevel my pets and the battles in 5.2 are taking longer than usual because of the higher miss and dodge chance I have been seeing. I have opened a ticket about this but no GM can give me a good response. Some say it's pure bad luck, I say Blizzard increased dodge and miss chance. I can only assume that they did this to minimize bursts in PvP pet battles.