Pets you WANT to like but are terrible battlers?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Albain
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Re: Pets you WANT to like but are terrible battlers?

Post by Albain » March 26th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Raptor hatchlings? Really? I main-line a razzashi raptor as one of my primary go-to pets, that's a surprise. :O

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » March 27th, 2013, 8:13 am

You need to get a Breed 4 Kneebiter in your life!

Usako
Pet Score:3097
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Usako » March 27th, 2013, 11:13 am

Quintessence wrote:
Talmar wrote:I wanted the Sunreaver Micro-Sentry to be awesome as he's one of the coolest looking mechs but his ability spread just blows.
Ditto! Was a bit disappointed when I got him to level 25. Oh well, at least he looks cool.
How have you both used his lightning storm to your advantage? I've been leveling him but he feels difficult as an undead.

Usako
Pet Score:3097
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Usako » March 27th, 2013, 11:16 am

Rifkin wrote:Murkimus the Gladiator!!
When we first heard about pet battles, he was the first I thought of :( I read somewhere that they didn't want pets that are hard to obtain (either TCG or achievements) to be pets people felt they had to get in order to be competitive. But I don't see the need for that, most pets have another that is similarly made up. Plus it feels a bit unfair, those of us who buy or grind our way to getting these pets, do it because we want them, not because of their stats/breeds. But considering they are no longer just a vanity item, it would be nice for them to have stats/breed that are on par with other good capturable pets. I think its the least we deserve for working hard either in game or in real life.

That's VERY disappointing. We work hard to gain those achievements but then those pets aren't made to be super competitive?? We love them because of our hard work. It's a big reward. If we were doing only vanity pets, sure it's the perfect bragging rights. But we're doing battle pets so what's going to be the incentive when finding out they aren't competitive? I mean aside from the pet collector obsessesed. Hee.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » March 27th, 2013, 12:29 pm

Ratshag wrote:"Luggage", aka Creepy Crate, and his FAILSTORM attack. :(
Same for me! :( He was my very first pet named (also Luggage lol), my very first pet to 25 and now he just sits in a corner. :cry:

Quatrain
Pet Score:3656
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Quatrain » March 27th, 2013, 1:10 pm

Willy is probably my biggest disappointment. I leveled him up as my original team of 3, and he never delivered as I hoped he would. It was sad to take him off my favorite list.