Experience for characters <90

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Cassuide
Top Rater
Pet Score:2393
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Experience for characters <90

Post by Cassuide » March 17th, 2013, 5:01 am

Has anyone done any calcs for the amount of exp gained via pet battles compared to lvling via quests or dungeon's? I found that you get roughly 0.6% of your bar per battle and it would take roughly 155 pet battles to fill a bar. IF the pet battles were one after another and take roughly 2.5mins per battle that would mean you could knock a level down in around 7-8hrs. At lower levels below 85 it might be to slow but for 85+ it might be quicker. Anyone know?

Not to mention you can also lvl your pets while you level and there is no queue time if your a dps which you get for dungeons.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414

Re: Experience for characters <90

Post by Tahsfenz » March 17th, 2013, 7:05 am

It really depends on the level pets your fighting. On my 85 priest, I was getting ~8k looking for a rare cheetah cub in northern barrens & ~20k looking for a rare stone armadillo in desolace. Haven't tried higher level yet with her. I'm not complaining, I'm getting rares, leveling pets and the XP is just a bonus.

Cassuide
Top Rater
Pet Score:2393

Post by Cassuide » March 17th, 2013, 8:56 pm

oh yeah forgot to mention this was against level 24-25 pets in pandaria so exp was around 150k-160k at level 88 on my mage

Myrna
Pet Score:2361
BattleTag®:Myrna#1877
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Myrna » March 18th, 2013, 12:58 am

I was leveling quite comfortably off Lucky Yi with a Raptor at 89, getting 198k (aprox) per kill. 89-90 cost me a stack of bandages and that's it!

I can confirm that those will not drop anything tho, 100+ battles to level and zero drops in terms of stones. They do drop lessers at 90 tho.

If I get bored or I want to skip sections (I'M LOOKING AT YOU OUTLANDS) i'm totally doing this on my monk

EDIT!
Bah, forgot. 0.7% xp on the dot per battle, and took me about 70min.

Darkke
Top Rater
Pet Score:7826
Realm:Daggerspine-us

Post by Darkke » March 20th, 2013, 7:38 am

Do you get less XP if it there aren't 3 wild pets to battle in an encounter?

For example, the shade near karazhan only has 1 pet per battle. It would seem that that might make leveling with this method a lot more streamlined.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » March 20th, 2013, 12:20 pm

With my two 86 characters, using a pet team of 2ea 25's and 1ea 20+ in battles in Jade Forest while leveling I'm usually pulling about 106k.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » March 20th, 2013, 12:53 pm

In Northrend where the worg pups are, I was on my lvl 85 druid. XP was on the lvl 22 pet battle I was getting 74k with rested xp. I was only using 1 level 25 pet on my team the others were lvl 12. Not bad since I was working on leveling my pets.

Rakrath
Pet Score:8562
Realm:Blackrock-eu

Post by Rakrath » April 26th, 2013, 10:47 am

Hi @ll,

some tip for fast char leveling with pet battles, it was mentionend earlier but got not recognized as it should be.

what u need :
a) Zandalari Kneebiter breed 4(p/p) one(or more if u want to save bandages)
b) abilities: 2, 2, 2
c) Go to Lucky Yi and fight him endless times

The fight is over in 4 Turns, less then 1 mins.

Start with Black Claw, then with Haunting party(two rounds) finish with Bloodfang(Selfheal!)

Rinse Repeat, very fast, but boring as hell and no reward.
But u can do this, brain afk, while watching movies or whatever. Target Yi and bind interact with target to a key.

When waiting for galleon, just wait there with ur lvling toon and when he spawn relog to ur main/twink for galleon kill.

PS: Looking for another ways to 4turn or less fable beasts.

Rakrath

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » April 26th, 2013, 4:13 pm

For my alliance toons, I get them to 86 as fast as I can, and then unlock the Incursion in Krasarang Wilds. I battle the grubs there to level pets, and do BGs (AV and IoC, for the xp) to break the monotony. I think I'll level the Kneebiter (he's 16 atm) next and go check out the XP vs Lucky Yi as compared to the Incursion (23-24-25 wild pets)

Thanks for the hint about Lucky Yi, I'm always looking for ways to get more character xp...the only thing I don't like is the Fable pets give such pitiful pet xp, but maybe ith faster fights, it'll make up the difference in the same amount of time.

Post by Guest » April 27th, 2013, 3:55 pm

If your pets are around the same level as your opponents, and with guild perks and rested experience, it seems to be about 1% per win.

That Lucky Yi strategy looks interesting, thanks, will try it out! May also be a good way to farm lesser charms. :)