Beasts Of Fable

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Godmyster
Beasts Of Fable

Post by Godmyster » March 8th, 2013, 6:04 pm

is it me or am i the only one having a hard time killing the beasts of fable? im also having a hard time killing the 4 spirit tamers, i have a few at level 25 for example:

jade owl - uncommon
leopard tree frog - uncommon
yellow-bellied bullfrog - rare
Pheonix Hatchling - rare
Pandaren Monk - rare
Cockroach - rare
Clockwork Gnome - rare

If there is any you think would help me i might have some but there lower leveled though i have a little over 150.

PS: Ive tried everything to kill Gorespine and i havent had any luck so far.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Beasts Of Fable

Post by Tahsfenz » March 8th, 2013, 6:17 pm

Work on getting more 25s and make sure they are rare is your best bet.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » March 8th, 2013, 6:18 pm

They are rough if you have a limited selection of pets at 25.

For the beasts of fable, try to level some rares with abilities that will counter the elites (Mechanical, Beast and Flying). Once you have 1-2 of each of those it should be easier for you. (Clockwork Gnome is a good start with its Launch Rocket).

For the spirit tamers, all 4 of them have an elemental so an aquatic is useful. Dragons work well too since there are several with flying/flying abilities. A fast critter is very useful on the earth spirit.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 8th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Some general tips
1. Rares only, don't bother leveling anything that is not rare.
2. Try to get at least one of each family leveled.
3. Raise a Crab, such as an Emperor Crab

The key to any battle is to pay atention to Ability and Family types. 2 basic rules about this:
1. Use pets that have abilities that do high damage to the pet you are battling
2. When possible use pets that take reduced damaged from the abilities of the pet you are battling

read this
http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/

The Beasts of Fable I have battled so far are pretty simple if you have a lot of high level rares. I am working on them as I type this. Stack your team with pets that do high damage (ie: 3 beasts against a critter) and you may find you win quite easily. Since you don't have a lot of 25s try your 3 best and see.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 8th, 2013, 10:27 pm

I can beat every Beast of Fable in about seven turns using:
Mini Mindslayer
Nether Faerie Dragon
Harbinger of Flame

1.) Amplify Magic (just for something to do so you take some damage without hurting them)
2.) Life Exchange
3.) Swap to Nether Faerie Dragon
4.) Life Exchange
5.) Moonfire
6.) Swap to Harbinger of Flame
7.) Impale (if enemy pet is below 1300 health)

No need to change teams, no need to change abilities.
Every single one of them dies quickly and easily using this setup.
Most of the time you don't even have to heal afterward.
ImageImage

Dogboy
Pet Score:2409
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Dogboy » March 9th, 2013, 12:18 am

My setup for Beast of Fable is similar, but a little different.

I use Nether Faerie Dragon
Hyjal Bear Cub
Clockwork Gnome

I lead off with the Nether Faerie Dragon. I use Slicing Wing 2-3 times then use Life Exchange. Then just use Slicing Wings a few more times. Many times I can solo with just the Nether Faerie Dragon. If not, I will switch to one of the other pets and finish it off. I do have to heal between battles though, but i have about 500 bandages so it's not a problem.

Spyro
Pet Score:3317
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Spyro » March 9th, 2013, 6:41 am

Finished them all now twice and my previously mentioned "strategy" works. :) Occasionally they get lucky but I have enough bandages.

I'd like to try out some of the team suggestions here, but of course that means I have to level those particular pets.
Last edited by Spyro on March 9th, 2013, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 9th, 2013, 7:34 am

Gendou wrote:I can beat every Beast of Fable in about seven turns using:

Mini Mindslayer
Nether Faerie Dragon
Harbinger of Flame
This looked rather nice so I had to give this a test run so here are my results :)
  • Lucky Yi - Works decently, tho have to watch out of his heal to not to fuck up Impale.
  • No-No - Definitely no go in 7 rounds here :P Dive and Beaver Damn cause seriously problems so I had to pass turns to ensure abilities will land.
  • Ti'un - No problems here, tho might need an extra hit due to his shield.
  • Kafi - Works like a charm. ^^
  • Gorespine - Delivers perfectly.
  • Greyhoof - Anyone ordered Mushan stew?
  • Xi'a - I see dead striders...
  • Ka'wi - Doesn't work here too well due to the Sticky Goo. I had to finish the silly worm with NFD because I couldn't swap it away anymore. :P No problems to kill it tho.
  • Nitun - This fellow is now my new hat. :3
  • Dos-Ryga - Few extra hits is needed here due to the heal and the Whirlpool snare can cause some problems too buuuut no major problems.
All in all, very solid tactic and even if Impale is missed/dodged, there is enough power to finish the elite off. For No-No I might swap for Raven + Crow but the others I'll deal with this setup. Thanks! :)
- Taking your candles since 2005

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » March 9th, 2013, 1:58 pm

Ryazan wrote:All in all, very solid tactic and even if Impale is missed/dodged, there is enough power to finish the elite off. For No-No I might swap for Raven + Crow but the others I'll deal with this setup. Thanks! :)
I actually intend to swap in a Brilliant Kaliri for Predatory Strike on the aquatic legendaries.
It should help power through some of their shields and heals with the bonus to the initial hit.
(similar to how Impale can take out 1600+ health critters because of the beast damage)

And as you noted, it's not flawless - I actually ran into a bit of trouble with the turtle because I got cocky. :oops: But overall, unless there's very bad luck on your end, I've found that it should work fairly well - though some of the elites do require a bit of on-the-fly adaptation to their particular abilities.
ImageImage

Lowbrowdeluxe
Pet Score:5394
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Lowbrowdeluxe » March 9th, 2013, 2:53 pm

My buddy Enzzo's blog has some pretty good walkthroughs for dealing with the spirit tamers. He's started a new job and only has a couple of posts on the fabled beasts so far, but the advice from the pandaren trainers and spirit tamers stuff is pretty useful. I literally couldn't explain them better if I tried, so I don't try. =)

http://warpets.info/

Also, if you don't want to do too much running about after stuff, the easiest (to collect rares of) solution to the fabled beasts is:

Bat x3 (vs aquatic, reckless strike till dead, repeat, kill)
Kun Lai Runt x3 (vs critter)
Any 3 Mechanical that can be found in the wild. (vs beasts) This one isn't as easy because a lot of the mechanicals are...distinctly so-so, but the racial ability usually gives them the opportunity for 1 if not 2 more hits to make up for it. Personally I've been using a Cogblade Raptor, Darkmoon Tonk, and whatever other mechanical I find first scrolling through my list. Raptor first, use infected wound (or whatever that is) then either Overtune if it's faster, or just start spamming Batter. When it dies use the toss-in mechanical with whatever it has, and when it goes down Darkmoon Tonk can dish a good 2k damage in 3 rounds or so to finish just about any beast off.

Rappinronforte
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Rappinronforte » March 11th, 2013, 3:57 pm

The team I've had the best luck with:

Singing Sunflower - To make the enemy healthpool high with Sunlight for Predatory Strike
Mini Mindslayer - (Thinking of swaping for Sprite Darter Hatchling S/S for the speed)
Darkmoon Hatchling

Round:
1) Photosynthesis
2) Sunlight
3) Switch to Mini Mindslayer
4) Life Exchange
5) Mana Surge
6) Switch to Singing Sunflower
7) Photosynthesis
8) Sunlight
9) Switch to Darkmoon Hatchling
10) Trample
11) Predatory Strike

Crocodile Dun deal!

Hyfigh
Pet Score:911
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Hyfigh » March 19th, 2013, 5:52 pm

I don't have the proper pets, nor the appropriate levels to try this, so would appreciate a tester to provide feedback. Here's some theorycraft:
I suggest the Nether Dragon or Sprite Darter to start (P/P is preferred), Darkmoon Hatchling, and Sunflower or other with Sunlight.
Hit with Life Exchange right away. To my understanding, this will chew off about 1300HP from the creature immediately.
Moonfire for good measure.
Swap to the Sunflower, or anything with Sunlight.
Drop Sunlight to crank the creatures HP to about 6000. With the way Sunlight's been working for me, this shouldn't heal the baddie at all.
Switch to the Hatchling.
Trample.
Predatory Strike.
If my calculations are right, the creature should be around 25-30% HP, which means that a Flyer with Predatory Strike can finish the job.
Math:
4000HP for BoF; 1400HP for Nether Dragon
Life exchange will do (difference = 2600HP/2) 1300HP damage.
Moonfire will be around 430 damage.
Sunlight will be 130-ish.
Leaves 2140HP.
HP should be boosted by 50%, which means max HP is now 6000.
Trample will do (140 + 600 (10% of 6000)) 740.
2140-740 = about 1400 (rounding up for sake of ease)
1400HP is about 23% of 6000HP.
This is all accomplished within about 7 rounds of combat.

Edit: Darkmoon Glowfly (or other with the 6% per tick poison) and the Darkmoon Hatchling could work pretty well, assuming the Hatchling can survive about 6 rounds...

Edit 2: Changed the work-up to be more efficient.

Slaggathor
Pet Score:5063
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by Slaggathor » March 19th, 2013, 7:21 pm

I use Terrible Turnip, Nether Faerie Dragon and Miniwing.

Terrible Turnip - Sunlight
switch
Nether Faerie Dragon - Life Exchange and then Arcane Blast 2-4 times to reach 25% health
switch
Miniwing - Predatory Strike

The only thing to watch for is the heal a few of them use. It may take an extra Arcane Blast to make sure you stay below 25%. Most of the fights won't even require Miniwing coming in. You will be able to finish them off with the dragon if you wish.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » March 20th, 2013, 5:17 am

I use quite often Zandalari Kneebiter S/S. It soloes critters in 4 turns and it can do obscene amounts of damage to other pet types. Black Claw, Hunting Party round one(3 x 249), Hunting Party round two (3 x 496 or 620 if your pet is under 50%), Bloodfang (mostly 1110, if not under 50% then only 888). If you are still alive, you can apply Black Clav and swithc. Total damage done: 3345.

Yashima
Pet Score:2930
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Yashima » March 20th, 2013, 6:15 am

I believe that all the Beasts of Fable come from three groups: Critter, Beast and Aquatic.

I haven't bothered much with defense I'd rather finish them quick, so what you want is something with high powered Beast abilities for the critters, something with Mechanical abilities for the Beasts and something with Flying abilities to deal with the Aquatics.

On average I need more than 2 pets to beat the legendary pets. So you need three of each type. Rares are definitely to be preferred, especially for capturable pets.

Good and easy capturable pets to beat the Critters:
Kun-lai runt starts at level 20+
Alpine Foxling Kit starts at level 20+
Any type of snake, while I haven't used them they appear to do a lot of damage to my pets for example Elder Python

Not quite as easy to obtain a rare of are Flayer Youngling and Stunted Shardhorn

Pets to use against the Beast types:
Clockwork Gnome - you have one
Cogblade Raptor - starts at Level 18-20 ...
Your armory profile says you have a [pet]Lil' XT[/pet] - it is my most used pet against Beasts
I like to accompany my Mechanicals with a pet that has Call Lightning - I like to use Wild Golden Hatchling - this can backfire however in a bad way (it's allso very good in combination with any multi-attack and dots, just look at the Firefly abilities)

Pets against the Aquatic types:
Jade Owl - except for that fishy with the frozen dragons breath. Try to stone the Owl ...
Any type of Moth for example Luyu Moth
Any type of Firefly for example Effervescent Glowfly

The fireflies also do very good against many of the tamers aquatic pets ...

Other than that I really look forward to trying out the Life Exchange combo several people suggested.

Hyfigh
Pet Score:911
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Hyfigh » March 20th, 2013, 12:13 pm

I need some help with possibly correcting my ignorance. Many people are suggesting Sunlight prior to Life Exchange. From my experience, Life Exchange ends up adjusting the two pets health's based on the difference between them. So, if I have 500HP and my opponent has 1000HP it gives me 250HP and takes away 250HP from the opponent, making each of us have 750HP. Sunlight improves all pets maximum HP by 50%, but the adjustment is not considered a heal, and they remain at their current HP value, though their pool is now higher. Keeping this in mind, here's my breakdown of what I gather:
Life Exchange followed by Sunlight - 4000HP target, 1400HP me. Difference is 2600HP. It should give me 1300HP (nothing happens for me, though, because my HP are max-ish) and takes 1300HP from the target. This brings the target to 2700HP. Following this up with Sunlight will increase the targets maximum HP to 6000. This is functionally a 3300 damage combo and leaves the target with 45% health.
Sunlight followed by Life Exchange - 6000HP target, 1400HP me. Difference is 4600HP. This should provide me 2300HP (again, nothing) and takes 2300HP from the target. The target now has 3700HP, functionally taking 2300 damage, but remains with 62% health.
Am I doing my math wrong, or are people doing this backwards and taking longer to kill than they ought to?

Edit: I just reviewed what I wrote and figured out where I was going wrong. The increase doesn't adjust current HP, so the order of operations doesn't matter. DERP!

Yashima
Pet Score:2930
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Yashima » March 21st, 2013, 5:20 am

To keep the teams simple ... I noticed today that my Luyu Moth (any moth will do of course) does pretty well against the legendary Beast types, so one less Mechanical needed for those :)

My Sprite Darter Hatchling is finally leveled up so now only the Miniwing is missing for the combo :) What I wonder: won't they eventually nerf that combo? It appears overly strong against those legendaries especially since it works against all of them ....

Cyntaria
Pet Score:13711
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Cyntaria » May 14th, 2013, 11:28 pm

I use the same team to take down ALL of the Beasts of Fable:

Corefire Imp - Burn, Immolation, Cauterize

Nether Faerie Drake - Slicing Wind, Life Exchange, Moonfire

Silent Hedgehog - Poison Fang, Counterstrike, Survival

My strat on all of them is pretty much the same.
Send in Imp and use Immolation, take out Imp and send in Hedgehog use Poison Fang - Now you have 2 DoTs on them. Take out Hedghog and send in Drake, use Moonfire, wait till your Drake is at least half health or as low as possible without dying and use Life Exchange. This brings the Beast of Fable down from about 3k health to less than 2k health.

At that point it's dependent on the Beast you are fighting. Sometimes I'll send the Hedgehog back in and reapply Poison Fang and just hit him with Counterstrike and use Survival until the Hedgehog dies. The Imp should still be at full health and the Drake at least half health. Reapply Immolation and Burn / Cauterize. If your Imp is getting low and Cauterize is on cooldown put in the Drake again - Moonfire and Slicing Winds. Repeat until Beast is dead.

The key to this combo is the Nether Drake's Life Exchange. It takes out almost 1k health just in one move. Timing it so that your drake is as low as possible without dying.